Chapter 4

University's Pride

"They were excused for their next classes when they were called to go to their Boss' office, which irritate Jennie, the moment they sat down was the time they were called. 

 

 

Boss texted them that except for showing them the chosen individual and group photos, they are immediately asked to edit the song and practice it. Well, after eating snacks as Jisoo suggested, the Boss agreed, knowing how Jisoo loves food. 

 

 

In a matter of minutes, they arrived at the office. They bowed to the staffs and to their Boss as they walk their way towards him. "To emphasize Roseanne being a newcomer, we chose the one who has a background different from the three of you." He said as the photos were shown to them. They nodded.

 

 

"For the group photo," he showed the chosen one, "I chose the one that can show who is the rapper line and the vocal line." They nodded. "Since it's in a uniform style, we didn't allow pink as a sock color, white can be an alternative. Black, obviously for the rapper line and white, obviously for the vocal line." He explained as they all nodded, smiling. 

 

 

"'BLACKPINK to have a new member and an upcoming first two songs' will be the title of the article released day after tomorrow." They all clapped, still smiling. "It's timely since you're supposed to have your comeback this month, but seeing that Roseanne is ready to join the three of you, might as well add her." They clapped once more, now towards Rosie as she bowed to them.

 

 

"You can have your snacks while editing your songs, and I hope that makes you happy, Ms. Jisoo." He said as they all laugh at the grinning Jisoo. 

 

 

They've already gone close to Boss, Rosie thought. Boss ordered them to go to Teddy and check out the songs, he also said that he'll follow later to see if there will be any even slight changes, or if they're already done. They nodded, bowed, thanked him as they exit the door.

 

 

They went upstairs in glee. When they see Jiyong, they immediately bowed as he smiled and waved at them. His eyes widened when he saw Rosie as she smiled shyly. He walked towards them.

 

 

"I see that our Rosie is gonna debut, huh?" He teased as she blushed, they all laugh as she press her cheeks. "How's bonding with them?" He asked as she smiled at the three. 

 

 

"They are easy-going people, and I somehow ask myself why are they the most feared." She answered as all of them laugh, especially Jennie.

 

 

"Oh, by the way, where are you guys headed to?" He asked, particularly looking at Jennie, knowing she answers all of the time.

 

 

"To Teddy oppa, we were asked to check out and edit the songs, then later on practice them. We'll also have our snacks while editing, though, as requested by Jisoo unnie." She answered. Jiyong looked at Jisoo in a jokingly angry manner as they all laugh. He later on, smiled.

 

 

"How about you, oppa? Where are you going?" Jisoo asked, even though she's dying to already eat even though Jennie just feed her rice balls before attending their supposed-to-be next class. Well, she's always like that, nothing new. 

 

 

"I just visited Youngbae. Mind if I join you, girls?" He asked, smiling sweetly that you can't decline. They all nodded, smiling since they might have him help them with the song. 

 

 

Jennie told him about Rosie's description, her positions in the classroom and in the student council, basically, every information about what's happening around Rosie in the university. 

 

 

Rosie also noticed one thing, Jennie calls him 'Jiyong appa' or simply 'appa'. She asked that to Lalisa, a whisper that the two immediately heard and she blushed out of embarrassment at the gaze of the two. 

 

 

The two giggled as Jiyong answered her, "She is called as my and Chaelin's daughter ever since she started training here, as a joke, I told her to call me dad and Chaelin as mom, and she grew used to it." Rosie smiled while nodding, finding it cute as they all laugh. 

 

 

"She is one of a spoiled daughter." Lalisa said as Rosie turned to her, asking her to tell the details. "Like when Jiyong oppa doesn't give her what she wants or not helping her, she'll immediately tell it to Chaelin unnie, exaggerating the story until Chaelin unnie scolds Jiyong oppa, giving her what she wants, then vice versa." 

 

 

Jennie smiled mischievously as Lalisa tells Rosie about it. "Somehow, we contributed on her title being the most feared in the university." Jiyong said as they all laugh. As what Rosie expected, Jiyong is not a difficult person to hang out with, just like when they first meet about his song featuring her.

 

 

They entered the room where Teddy is waiting, the four bowed to him, greeting him with smiles while Jiyong raised his fist as Teddy bump it with his fist too. "Sit down, girls." They did as Jiyong roamed around the room, as usual.

 

 

"Your title songs are Boombayah and Whistle." They clapped, smiles still plastered on their faces as Teddy gave them individual copies of the first song, Boombayah. "It goes like this..." He said then played the music, it was Hayi, Dara and Suhyun singing as the smiles grew more. 

 

 

It's catchy and fun, they immediately get what the song is trying to say, and they enjoy it. After the song, they clapped once more. "You can try editing some parts and try practicing it. We have the whole afternoon and evening for the two songs anyway." Though they'll find it easy to pick up the song.

 

 

Well, it's not less than 30 minutes, though, as usual.

 

 

In which Jisoo made it easier through her harmonizing, as always.

 

 

And Rosie finally believed what she always hear from the other trainees. Not that she doubts it, it's just amazing how Jisoo easily taught them how the tune can go together with their voices. She also witnessed how Jiyong compliments her as if she's so used to ut. And how the compliments leave Jiyong's mouth naturally. 

 

 

Jennie turned to Jiyong sweetly, "Appa." Before she can even ask for help, he grinned as she smiled. An always routine whenever she's practicing rap verses both for comebacks and for leisure. Lalisa, then, ask help from Teddy, if only Big Seunghyun is here, he'll be the one she'll ask help from. But, since he's doing his military service, Teddy is her second option. Rosie turned to Jisoo as the latter laugh at the innocence. 

 

 

The two listened to the pre-chorus for Rosie's part since Jisoo already practiced hers in her head while reading the parts. They didn't mind fixing the line distribution since it's very near to  equal. The time distribution for each line is also near to equal that's why they have no problems anymore. It might only look like it's not equal, but Rosie actually has the most time distribution and they don't mind. 

 

 

After a few minutes, they, all four, were done. "Let's practice, then?" Teddy said as they nodded, he played the minus one version. Lalisa started the introduction, then Jennie raps. Rosie sits in awe as her rap naturally flow out of . She sees how Jiyong stares at her like a really proud father, and she finds it cute. Well, Jennie is proud-worthy. 

 

 

Jisoo starts singing and Rosie's eyes widened, mouth slightly hanging open as they silently laugh at her reaction. Anyone would have the same reaction, though. Scratch that, everyone is the correct term. Even Youngbae himself stared at her for a good two minutes. And now, Rosie wonders why they're angry at Jisoo, she is not just some visual hole.

 

 

Lalisa proceeded with her part then to Rosie, she hit the right notes as they clapped and she smiles. Jisoo again, then to her. They enjoyed the jolly beat as they sang the few lines they have in the chorus. They all pointed to the two oppas when they sang the oppa! part as the two guys covered their already red faces. 

 

 

Rosie never see how much Jennie smiled this day. Probably because they're preparing for new songs and because Jiyong is with them, her so-called father. Jennie's most feared title disappears and her cold and scary aura disperses, as if she's a completely new person. 

 

 

Lalisa rapped flawlessly as Rosie's eyes widened more; left in awe, rendered speechless. Who knew that the ever-loving, sweet-voiced Lalisa turns into a fierce one when rapping? She's utterly in love and she wouldn't be ashamed shouting it in the whole world. The ever-clingy maknae... What happened to her? Where is she?

 

 

Reality meet her when Jisoo started singing, Rosie smiled at Lalisa, raising her two thumbs as Lalisa smiled. Jennie started singing her line, to Jisoo again, then finally, Rosie. 

 

 

When they sang the chorus and the final lines, all of them were playing as if partying, all laughing and smiling. When the song ended, all of the, clapped as they bowed to Teddy, thanking him for making yet another masterpiece that is their first OT4 song. 

 

 

"Chukhahae, uri Rosie." Jiyong said as she bowed, all of them laughing. "Chukhahae, uri BeulPing~." He said cutely as the girls were smitten, making Teddy hit Jiyong on the shoulder, laughing once more.

 

 

"Wait. BeulPing?" Rosie asked.

 

 

"It's short for Beullaek Pingkeu. It was Daesung oppa who gave birth to the name. He said that after Boss revealed our group name." Lalisa answered and explained, the latter nodding in understanding. "That's why all of them calls us BeulPing."

 

 

"It's cute." Rosie commented. 

 

 

Teddy gives them another set of papers with lyrics on it, this time for their second song, Whistle. "Hwiparam goes like this..." He played the music, and it was Hayi once more, Hanna and Katie Kim who is singing. The tone is y, Lalisa is already dancing on her seat since the beat is also catchy. 

 

 

The same routine of practice goes with Whistle. Jennie asking help from Jiyong, Lalisa to Teddy, and Rosie to Jisoo. Jennie finds something she wants to edit, a line distribution in the bridge. "Teddy oppa, in the bridge, I'll exchange my parts with Jisoo unnie. I will have much line and time distribution in this original one." She said as Teddy nodded. 

 

 

"She's our editor." Lalisa answered Rosie's forming questions in her mind as the latter nodded. Jisoo helped Rosie with her verses, and Rosie finds it easier learning from her. She just realized that the playful unnie is really talented in this kind of things and no wonder she's criticized, besides being the most beautiful, she can absolutely overpower their vocals. 

 

 

Jennie is done practicing her rap and lines, and she's just casually talking to Jiyong. 

 

 

"How many weeks has passed ever since Seunghyun oppa entered military?" Jennie asked as Jiyong's face sadden.

 

 

"2 weeks." He briefly answered and she can feel the longing in his voice. She really finds it cute to see this kind of Jiyong, she suppress the urge to grin and since it's difficult to have someone close to you be apart from you for 2 years. 

 

 

She whispers something to him that immediately made Jiyong laugh and smile; she always know how to make him instantly smile. 

 

 

They turned to Lalisa who is having difficulty in practicing the last line of her rap, that's her remaining problem. The line's long and she has to rap it continuously. The rappers read the last line slowly, to moderate, to fast. Helping Lalisa in their old routine, reading it slow to fast, rapping it slow to fast until she gets the line. 

 

 

The vocal line is experimenting on how they can twist their voices in their verses. It was easy for Jisoo since she's been doing it with Jennie for the past years, ever since when they were trainees, it was Jennie who she experiments with. But it's one of the few times that Rosie encounters it. 

 

 

"It's just like how Katie makes the tune different." Jisoo said. "Don't be afraid to do what she does, it'll will set your mood. But it's fine if you want to stay it the way it is." She added as Rosie nodded. "Hey Jennie, do you think I can experiment my vocals with this?" Jennie reads her lines then frowns.

 

 

Jennie jutted her lower lip then look at Jisoo, shaking her head slowly, "I don't think so, unnie. The same with Rosie's parts. It feels like you have to stick with the tune, and it's fine." She answered as Jisoo nodded, Jennie retrieved then looks at Lalisa trying the whole rap verse in moderate speed, Jennie backing her up in a whisper. 

 

 

Lalisa suddenly squealed when she's finally getting the line as all of them laugh. She laughs, her fluffy cheeks showing Jiyong pinched them slightly. "Let's try the fast!" She said excitingly. "Unnie! Still back me up." She said, grinning as Jennie nods, smiling. They started rapping in the normal and fast speed. 

 

 

Rosie looks at Lalisa as she raps, and when they're nearing the last line, Jennie didn't join her, letting her rap alone. And she successfully rapped it! "I did it!" She said, squealing as they all laugh at the maknae's cuteness.

 

 

She's still the maknae, after all. Rosie said in her mind. They started practicing Whistle, and it was a success in one go. They all clapped and cheered. They practiced the two songs three times so that they'll be familiar with it, so that when they record for the audio track, they will have zero difficulty in singing and rapping. 

 

 

"You'll start practicing the choreography tomorrow for both songs. You'll immediately get the choreo after three days as usual, though." Teddy said as Lalisa clapped the most, excited as ever to get her body move to the music. "If the dancers aren't busy later, maybe you can have a view of the choreography." 

 

 

Lalisa put her hands together and bowed her head, "Please be not busy." She said as they all laugh, she retrieves and laughs with them. She then frowns and looks at Jisoo. "It's that time again they'll bash you, unnie." Rosie immediately turn to Jisoo, asking her why. "She's always said to be the stiff dancer out of all of us." Lalisa answered as Rosie's eyebrows furrowed.

 

 

"But it's obviously not true." Jennie said. "Unnie looks stiff to them but she's not." She added as the latter nodded. She immediately  change the topic, knowing Jisoo finds it uneasy to discuss it, Jisoo secretly smiles at her as Jennie subtly smiled back.

 

 

Rosie still can't believe she's actually practicing songs, their songs for an introduction of her, the newcomer. The fact that she immediately get the songs makes her happy, as if she's a perfect fit for the group.

 

 

And she is a perfect fit. 

 

--

 

Chapter 4 is up!!

 

I AM DEEPLY SORRY, I DEEPLY APOLOGIZE FOR NOT UPDATING FOR LIKE 4 MONTHS. I'M REALLY, REALLY SORRY FOR LYING THAT I HAVE MORE TIME TO UPDATE DURING SEMBREAK. 

 

Schoolworks are overwhelming, if it weren't I was able to find time to check AFF, and saw comments about me updating the story, I might not update until summer. 

 

Have you watched performances of our precious BlackPink babies? Their red carpet outfits really slay me! Especially Lalisa! She can pull off any outfit and it will still suit her! Truly a model! 

 

I really love seeing BlackPink members interact with us through their VLive+. Jisoo surprises me every single time with her 4D personality and I can't get enought of it XD. 

 

And oh yeah, this might be late but happy birthday to the unnie line and Rosé! Advanced happy birthday to Lalisa! And Happy 200 Days, Blinks!

 

Oh yeah, I really love our fandom name, BLINK. Ever since from the start, this is the fandom name I've been wishing for when I read the comment about a fan suggesting it, that in a blink of an eye, BlackPink catches the attention of the whole world. And yeah, BL(ackp)INK. 

 

Comments are appreciated and I hope you enjoyed the fourth chapter! :D