New

My So-Called First Love [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

04

A week later, marking the official third week of school there is a new transferee in school. During times like this people would either not care about it, or ask around if it is someone pretty or handsome, someone smart or someone you can just throw away but the last one happens very rarely. Dahyun and Chaeyoung are a part of the group who cares about these kind of things.

"I heard it's a she." The former says through teeth gritting on food. Chaeyoung nods and looks around the cafeteria, looking for their other friend if she's around. They haven't seen Ahreum since morning and it's making her uneasy. "Chaeyoung!"

"What?" She shrugs. Dahyun rolls her eyes with a shake of her head and finishes her food a bit quickly. "Have you seen Ahreum around?"

"I was with you the whole time." She receives an incredulous look. Chaeyoung frowns, her eyes still going around in circles. At the same time Jaehyun passes by and leans toward them.

"Hey, have you seen Ahreum?"

"We're actually looking for her too." Dahyun has her lips set in a thin line. They hear Jaehyun sigh. Both girls look at him with slight sympathy in their looks. He doesn't notice and he goes walking away, his eyes roaming around then he goes out of the cafeteria.

"Oh! I got a text from her!" Chaeyoung flips her phone open.

Hey. I just woke up. I'm running a fever so can you lend me notes after? Thanks Chae.

"What does it say?"

"She's sick." Dahyun tilts her head to the side. "She was very fine yesterday."

"Well it did start to rain though, and we played a bit while going home."

"I feel bad." She grunts. They stand from their table and proceed to their next class.

 

"Student happens to be a year ahead of us." Dahyun pulls a chair across Chaeyoung.

"How did you know?"

"Well, while I was busy photocopying your lecture notes I saw her doing the same. She already has a lot of friends though." They stick their noses on two different books. "And she's also very pretty. And she looks nice."

"Oh please, you don't even know her." Chaeyoung rolls her eyes. Dahyun grunts and flips through the book to make it useful for an upcoming test. "And since when did you start complimenting people?"

"Can you just review silently?"

"Fine then."

They spend the last thirty minutes reading in the library as free period slowly goes by, when suddenly the new student takes a seat beside Chaeyoung and both girls gape at her silently.

"Do you mind if I sit here? There aren't available seats except for your table."

"Uhh..."

"Or are you with someone?" She sure does talk a lot for a new student. "I'm sorry, I'll just take my leave."

"It's fine!" Dahyun waves her hands. She gestures toward the seat with a smile on her face, the nameless person taking a seat once again while bowing. Chaeyoung looks at Dahyun and then to the student cautiously, her chair scraping a bit farther away from her. "You're the new student right?"

"Yes. I'm Tzuyu by the way." She takes a hand out.

"That's a cool name." And they shake hands. Tzuyu turns toward Chaeyoung with the same hand, and she shakes it slightly before retracting her hand back. Both girls don't notice her awkward behavior and they start to talk in a very friendly way.

"I heard you're a second year student. You're our senior then."

"Really? I thought we're just the same age." She chuckles. Chaeyoung will have to agree that she is pretty, and her laugh is cute. "Well then, I guess I'm your senior."

"You don't sound Korean." Chaeyoung speaks up. The senior looks at her and slowly nods her head, explaining where she came from and she cannot hide the faint surprise in her expression. Tzuyu chuckles and they continue to talk, the former finally finding the whole scene unawkward and she also starts to ask questions about Tzuyu herself. Their free period ends much to their dismay and they wave goodbye.

 

 

"I see she's slowly getting all the attention."

"She is pretty afterall."

"Now you're complimenting her?" Dahyun snorts. They're walking toward the bus stop as Chaeyoung gives her a slight push and the both of them laughing afterwards. "And now I can say that she really is nice."

"Very nice. Too nice it's creeping me out, dude."

"I have to agree on that."

They stand by the bus stop, waiting for any bus but there isn't any so they start to play silly games. Chaeyoung's phone then rings and she reads the message sent by her mother, ordering her to already go home and she replies quickly saying she is about to do that. They hop in the bus, Dahyun going down her stop 15 minutes later while Chaeyoung waits for more than 5 minutes.

She snaps her head to the very back seat as she hears a familiar voice, seeing Jaehyun talking to no other than Taeyong amd they both laugh at the same time.

"Wow. Those two really are inseparable."

"Hey Chae!" Jaehyun nods toward her direction. Taeyong does the same and she sends them a slight wave of her hand before looking back out the window. A minute later she feels the seat beside her sink and she looks at Jaehyun curiously. "Did you happen to see Ahreum in school?"

"She's sick."

"Ah. I see." Taeyong goes out of the bus, leaving both students the only persons together with the driver and his assistant. "Is she okay?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter