Together Again

My So-Called First Love [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

02

A week has passed and Jaehyun doesn't catch a glimpse of the girl anymore. It doesn't bother him that much, so he does his own things with his friends. Every now and then he will visit his old middle school by himself, casually using the newly renovated basketball court that he took a liking on when he was in his early teenage years. He dribbles the ball and does a turn, before jumping in the air and smiling as the ball goes in the net.

Jaehyun stood side by side with his classmates as the Opening Ceremony closed to an end, long-time friends from different schools hugged and greeted each other after one or two years of being separated. He didn't care much about it but as he craned his neck to get a better view his eyes widened in surprise.

There, at the front of the lines was a girl who looked very familiar, like the seventh grade middle schooler he hit with a ball together with two squealing girls. It didn't hurt being kind so he smiled a bit but it died down instantly when she didn't give him a response.

That's strange for him.

"Let's roll!" Johnny was beside him and pulled him out of the place.

 

Jaehyun goes home after a few hours, going straight to his bedroom with a plate of food in his hands. He turns on his own TV, jumping on his bed as he kicks his shoes off and at the same time his laptop lights up. He quickly receives several messages by his friends.

Johnny: Dude! Yoon-oh!

Here comes Johnny again...

Jaehyun: What?

Johnny: Oh nothing. Hey, where are the others?

Doyoung: Here.

Ten: 👋

They continue welcoming their other friends, talking about nonsense and mostly things about them being boys. As while typing away his message Jaehyun moves the mouse, the page scrolling through hundreds of his own pictures. He lets a smile linger on his face as he stares at his friends making goofy face on the camera. He saves some pictures of them playing basketball, pranking their old classmates, field trips, having fun with teachers and each subjects, and he continues to type away when needed.

He clicks on a picture of a boy and a girl, laughing with each other while in a mocking embrace from him. He hovers it around the girl's face, a name suddenly appearing and before he knows it he clicks on the name.

Ten: Where the hell is Yoon-oh?

Jaehyun: I'm here.

He browses through different pictures, most of them consisting of old photos in their middle school and there, a lone one at the very top with the girl in high school.

I knew it.

Jaehyun: Gotta go. Errands.

Mark: Why hyung?! Bye then.

Doyoung: Byeeeeeeee

 

 

After class Ahreum leaves Chaeyoung and Dahyun first as her mom needs her home in an instant. After bidding goodbye and talking about their date tomorrow, she starts walking backwards toward the entrance, turning around when she passes by the big black gates looking from left to right. Ahreum pushes her way to the left side and there he is.

Great.

She lets out a sigh as she passes by Jaehyun who looks like he is waiting for someone. Once he catches a glimpse of the girl he pushes himself from the wall.

"Ahreum!" Said girl looked back and saw Jaehyun struggling with his bag and a ball in his hand. He was waving a hand in the air as he ran towa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter