Chapter Seven

Fresh Pair of Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There she was, looking out the window. There she was, after two whole weeks. Rowoon knew it sounded absurd to have missed someone he barely knew, but feelings were feelings― even that he knew he could never control. His face lit up upon seeing just the back of her.

“Hey kid!” Rowoon noticed Kiyoko’s frame tensed up after realising he was in the room with her.

“What are you doing here?!” Kiyoko hissed, turning towards him.

She sounded tired, annoyed and especially mad. There was absolutely no life in her speech. She was pale with bandages all over her legs, arms and most evidently, her face.

“I wanted to see if you were okay. Are you… are you okay?” Rowoon asked her, disappointed at her indifferent act towards him.

“Do I look like I’m okay?!” Kiyoko yelled, grabbing a book by her bedside and hurling it at him. Thankfully, Rowoon used his quick reflexes to dodge the incoming book.

“You’re not supposed to be here!” She continued throwing everything she could get her hands on at him. “And you!” Kiyoko pointed to Doctor Shim, “who do you think you are bringing someone here?! When I tell you to keep secrets, you ing keep secrets! Isn’t that what a psychiatrist does?! You broke my trust, my ing trust!”

This time it was towards Doctor Shim, all the objects were being thrown at. Upon hearing the commotion from outside the room, three nurses quickly made their way in, pushing Rowoon and Doctor Shim out of the way, to tend to Kiyoko’s sudden outburst. One pinned her arms down, another down at her legs and the third nurse prepared to sedate her. Almost instantly Kiyoko calmed down and laid on her bed, momentarily closing her eyes and taking deep breaths in intervals to relax.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry..” She began to say, choking up, “ I don’t.. I don’t know what’s going on with me.” She immediately apologized, tearing up at the fact that she lashed out at just a simple question. “I’m not okay.” She answered him.

“What happened?” Rowoon asked her.

“I don’t really know. I remember that night vaguely, the night we hung out at the convenience store. I out and woke up in a pool of my own blood. The whole place was a mess.” She looked down.

“Come, sit next to me.” She sat up and patted the edge of her bed as Rowoon complied. “Hey, I’m really sorry about missing your performance. I really am.” Kiyoko apologized, “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter