You, Me and The Lightning Bugs-1

Merry Christmas, Love

Tap. Tap. Tap.

“What the..?” You sat up straight and looked at the alarm clock beside your bed. 1:15 a.m. “I must be dreaming”. Tap. Tap. The sound came again from your window along with the faint sound of someone whisper-shouting your name. “(Y/N)! (Y/N)!”. You got out of bed and opened your window. Ah. Fresh night air. Since the university was situated near the woods in a lush Scottish valley, fresh air was abundant.

“(Y/N)!!”. Looking down, you saw your boyfriend Jeon Jungkook standing on the grass below your room’s balcony. “Jungkook, what the hell?”. He flashed a grin at you and said, “Come on down, I’ve got a surprise for you”. A smile found its way to your face. “Be right there”. You walked over to your closet and pulled on an oversized sweatshirt and a pair of comfy leggings. After getting into your sneakers, you grabbed the secret bedsheet-rope you'd made for your late night meets with Jungkook. Getting caught by the other girls in the corridor was something you couldn't risk.

"(Y/N)! Could you hurry up? It's freezing out here!".

Whoopsie. You performed the usual ritual of tying the sheets to the railing and sliding down. "So, where are we going, Romeo?". He smiled, held your waist and kissed the tip of your nose. "You'll see, babe." 10 minutes later, you found yourselves in front of the woods that surrounded the college. "Um, Kookie, we're not going inside the woods are we?" Seeing the worry in your eyes, he slipped his hand into yours and whispered "It's all right, i'm here." With that, he pulled a flashlight out of his pocket and shone it into the woods. There was a worn-down path that ran deep inside. You started walking and noticed actually how beautiful the woods looked in the moonlight. All the creepy storie amde up by the students suddenly seemed faker than ever.

"Jungkookie?"

"Hmm?"

"Where exactly are we going?"

"My, you're one impatient girl aren't you?"

To be continued