Only a friend...?

Merry Christmas, Love

Wish I never met you…stay away from me…don't touch me….

The words were still ringing in your ears as you stormed out of the house. The tears which you had been holding back were now flowing uncontrollably down your cheeks. Those harsh words…were they really directed at you? Even more, did they really come out of his mouth? Just when you thought you finally found the one you would spend the rest of your life with. Just when you thought he would never hurt you.

FLASHBACK:

Jeon Jungkook had always been the ray of sunshine in your gang. His irresistible smile, his twinkling eyes… everything you had ever wished for all in one guy. You had hardly believed it when he knelt down one day saying, " everything, I'd walk through hell with you. Will you be my girlfriend, (Y/N)?" That moment had been etched into your heart ever since.

But it all broke apart on that awful day.

It was Christmas and you had spent a happy day decorating the house with Jungkook. You had planned for the evening to be perfect. Your relatives, family, friends and of course, your best friend Jimin were coming. Although Jungkook wasn't really happy with the fact that Jimin was coming, since he thought you spent a little too much time together. ''Just a best friend thing, Kookie. Don't worry about it" was your reply every time he enquired. He never looked satisfied with that answer, though.

Your thoughts were interrupted by the shrill sound of the doorbell. 'Here they are!" you shouted as you ran down the hall to greet everyone. Hugs, kisses and handshakes were exchanged. You couldn't help noticing Jungkook stiffen when he shook Jimin's hand. He let out a dead sounding "Merry Christmas" to which Jimin replied, "Merry Christmas to you too, Jungkook!" enthusiastically. He turned to you. "'(Y/N)! MERRY CHRISTMAS!" You hugged him and teased, "You'd better have a great present for me!" Not a very smart thing to say. You could almost feel Jungkook's glare burning through you.

The next two hours were spent in happily opening presents, enjoying the feast and endless chattering. You excused yourself from the table to use the bathroom. On your way back, you stole a glance at the window and saw snowflakes slowly drifting to the ground. "It's been a while since we had a white Christmas, right?" a voice behind you said. You didn't need to turn around to see who it was. "Hey, Jimin. Looks like we got lucky this time". A few minutes passed in silence as Jimin stood next to you and watched the snow. Out of the blue he suddenly asked, "You know what's even better than a beautiful white Christmas?" Still looking at the snowflakes, you asked "What is it?" Jimin slowly turned to you and replied, "Spending a white Christmas with the one you love right next to you".

Oh No.

That brought you back to Earth. "Wait, what?" You were praying for this to be another one of his jokes. "I love you, (Y/N)" Jimin said, unblinking and looking right into your eyes. You were panicking now. "Very funny, Jimin. Now get back to the living room". Running way turned out to be a failure as you felt Jimin's strong grip on your wrist. He spun you around to face him, causing you to unintentionally lean back on the windowsill. The moonlight from outside lit up Jimin's face as you studied his handsome features for any sign that he was joking. No. Nothing. He was actually serious. Jimin was leaning closer and closer towards you. Your heart felt like it was gonna jump out of your chest any moment and you could feel goose bumps on your arms. If Jungkook saw you in that position….. "Jimin, stop it. If anyone sees us, they'll get the wrong idea" "That's all right, I'm not doing anything, am I?" "Jimin, let me go!" You struggled to escape but his grip was tight on your wrist, his other hand next to your head on the window pane. Your faces were only centimeters way from each other now and the feel of his warm breath on your lips sent shivers down your spine. What, was he gonna kiss you now? As if reading your thoughts, Jimin sighed and said, "I'm not gonna kiss you, (Y/N). You'd never forgive me if I did. I understand that you don't have those kinds of feelings towards me". You felt a pang of guilt but that was soon replaced with relief. Jimin continued, "I just wanted you to know that you mean the world to me". "Are you done yet?" said a familiar voice. 

.

You cringed as you saw Jungkook standing in the doorway.