I never thought this would happen...

Merry Christmas, Love

You had seen Jungkook getting pissed before but this, this was something else. He looked pretty much ready to rip off Jimin's limbs one by one. You gulped and prepared yourself for the incoming outburst. Instead, Jungkook said "The guests are leaving. See them out". His eyes met Jimin's. "You'd better get going too". You shakily released yourself from Jimin's grip and walked out the kitchen. How much did he hear? Even worse, how much did he see? You shuddered, thinking of what was gonna happen once it was only you and Jungkook in the house. Relatives, family members and friends slowly went out the door, smiling,not noticing the tension in the air. Finally, Jimin slowly walked past you. He paused for a while and said in a low voice "I tried telling him that it was nothing like that but I don't think I convinced him at all. I'm sorry. Please, (Y/N), take care". With that, he was gone. You slowly let out a breath and almost fainted when you turned and saw Jungkook standing just a few centimetres away. Here we go. 

"So, can I ask you what exactly was happening in the hallway?". Although his was smooth and calm, you could see the anger burning in his eyes. "Jungkook, it wasn't what it looked like. I swear". 

"So what was it then?"

"Jimin was j-just....he... I.."

"Yes?"

"He told me he's in love with me.B-but he didn't kiss me or anything like that, I swear! He said it himself...."

"Ohhh.. so he told you he wasn't gonna kiss you. That's why you just let him stand there and 'not kiss you'. I get it."

You realized 'he said it himself' wasn't really the smartest thing to say. A bead of sweat ran down your face and for the first time, Jungkook made you feel something he had never made you feel before...FEAR. You yelped as Jungkook grabbed your chin roughly and made direct eye-contact. "Sweetheart, what I wanna know is this, why didn't you do anything? Don't tell me you were actually..enjoying it? Is that what you two are upto everytime you're together?".

Panic was rising fast in your chest. This conversation was NOT going to end happily. "Jungkook, please. I told you already, it's nothing like that. I would never feel that way for Jimin, or anyone. We're just friends, that's it. I swear, i never knew he felt that way about me".

"THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU DO ANYTHING?". You were stunned. Jungkook had never shouted at anyone like that. His hand left your chin and he was now keeping a distance between the two of you. You felt waves of dread and fear inside you. Why...why hadn't you pushed Jimin away...

 "One time, (Y/N). Even once, did you think about your boyfriend who was sitting in the next room just watching you and your 'best friend' getting a little too intimate with each other? Or were you too busy planning your next little date with that rat?!?"

Ouch. Tears were threatening to spill out of your eyes any moment now. But it was soon replaced with a flicker of anger. "I told you already, THERE IS NOTHING BETWEEN ME AND JIMIN. Two ing years of you and me, Jungkook. Do you think I would throw all of that away for my BEST FRIEND?? I don't look at any other guy the way I look at you".

You said it. Everything you had held inside. But something still tugged at your mind. Why didn't you stop Jimin? Then you realized that you had been scared of hurting Jimin. Hurting your best friend. But you had also made the mistake of not thinking about Jungkook at that time. You looked straight into Jungkook's eyes, tears now spilling over your cheeks. His eyes were cold, dead. You wanted to tell him why you couldn't stop Jimin that time. But anger clouded your mind. How could the boy you loved possibly accuse you of something so cheap?

"Stay away from him, then."

The words shook you out of the trance. "What? Stay away from who? Jimin?".

"Yes. There's no guarantee that he won't try something again. That cheap sewer rat.."

"Don't you ing call him that! I told you, he didn't do anything. Jimin's a good person..."

"Then go to him".

What? "If he's such a good person then better be with him then. Go to your ing Jimin. Stay away from me".

"Jungkook..wha-"

"I wish I never met you, (Y/N)".

That moment, everything fell apart. Every kiss, every moment together, every day spent in each other's arms. Was it really over now? Was he really going to throw it all away? You reached out to touch his cheek "Jungkook, pleas-"

"Don't touch me." Your hand stopped and you slowly withdrew it. It was over. It was really over. Too shocked to say a word, you shakily walked over to the door, took one last look at Jungkook and ran out of the house, tears clouding your vision. What am I going to do?

The blinding truck lights were the last thing you saw before everything went black.