Dinosuar Screeches and Discrete Secrets

Realizing The Obvious

    Jungkook slipped into his shared car, his face ashen. He numbly handed his partner (and roommate) against crime his chocolate muffin (he wasn't really sure when he grabbed it, because Taehyung). Jungkook calmly set his caramel macchiato in the cup holder, placed his hands gently on his face, and screamed groaned. Why am I so bad at life?

  "What's wrong with you?" Jung Hoseok asked as he reached for his muffin. Jungkook dragged his hands down his face blearily, glaring at the windshield. Hoseok shrugged and took a bite out of his muffin and moaned. 

 "What did they put in this? Fairy dust?! Crack?! It's so good!" He groaned in reverence, shoving the rest of it in his mouth. The younger glared at his hyung in disgust. "I don't even care if it's crack, this is so good!" He gushed. "I wonder if it's a new drug...maybe it is called fairy dust!" Jungkook sobbed. Taehyung

  "Seriously, Kookie. You're starting to worry me." Hoseok said, wiping the remaining chocolate off of his pink lips, an even pinker tongue swiping out to double check. Why am I surrounded by stupidly attractive people, this isn't fair to my heart. Even though Jungkook wasn't romantically attracted to his older companion (Jungkook actually considered him his best friend - not that he would ever admit it out loud), he couldn't deny that Hoseok was naturally beautiful. Inside and out. He was always so positive about everything, which was refreshing since Jungkook seemed to have a negative view on everything. Where Hoseok was the embodiment of sunshine and horse and good will, Jungkook was the embodiment of darkness and emo bunnies danger. But...Hoseok had that rare kind of beauty and happiness that Jungkook felt the urge to protect, even if Hoseok was older than him. His hyung was in no way fragile, nor was he incapable of defending himself; quite the opposite, in fact. But that's all physical. Jungkook felt the urge to protect his hyung from all the hate and the bad things in the world. To add to his hyung's already bright and kind personality, Hoseok was the kind of guy you could go to with anything and everything. No matter what. Which is why Jungkook wasn't very reluctant to share his utter failure of an attempt at life mishap with his hyung. 

  "Hyung. I tried to impress this really cute guy, and he looked like a fairy because he was so pretty, I swear to god hyung he has purple hair and everything, and he has a really deep voice, and he's so sweet and adorable, but hyung -" His blurted and rapid words came to a stop as he turned slightly to look at his partner, his expression equal parts horrified and embarrassed. "I faked being cool." He finished in a whisper, his tone horrified as twin tears fell down his face as he stared out of the windshield hopelessly. 

  "Awwwe, it's ok Jungkookie!" Hoseok screeched cooed, leaning over to pinch the younger's cheeks. "It's only a matter of time before he figures out what a cute, awkward little bean you are!" Jungkook scowled and the heat from his blush evaporated his tears. He smacked Hoseok's hand away. 

  "Shut up," He muttered, glaring at his hyung. Hoseok only laughed loudly, his eyes crinkling into an eye-smile. Jesus Christ, why am I surrounded by sunshine?

  "Wait." Hoseok narrowed his eyes at his partner, studying him intensely, his laughter coming to an almost instant halt. Sweat formed on Jungkook's brow from the intensity of Hoseok'd stare. "Why are you wearing different clothes?" He asked suspiciously, crossing his arms. Jungkook smiled sheepishly, a small blush coloring his cheeks.

   "The cutest little kid ever made her oppa spill coffee and it was hot and it was gonna land on her, so I shielded her and got hot coffee on me instead. So then, I had to borrow clothes from Taehyung and-" He froze, his eyes widening. I left my clothes there. Idiot. He groaned to himself, smacking his face on the dashboard. Hoseok watched in amusement. 

  "Use your words, Kookie." He drawled mockingly, as if talking to a small bunny little kid, stealing a sip of Jungkook's caramel macchiato. With his head still squished on the dashboard, he faced his hyung with a glare. 

  "You look like a horse and you smell worse than the that comes out of your mouth." He spat half-heartedly, taking his drink back, "How's that for using my words, hyung?"

  "Aish, no need to be hurtful!" Hoseok exclaimed, clutching a hand to his heart, pretending to be hurt. Hoseok pouted adorably for a horse. "You shouldn't treat your hyung with such disrespect, Kookie." He scolded, jokingly stern. Jungkook rolled his eyes and sighed as his expression fell. Noticing this, Hoseok, for once, wore a somewhat serious expression. 

  "Alright, Kookie. What's really bothering you?" Hoseok asked gently, crossing his arms. Jungkook peeled his face off of the hard plastic and rested his head on the back of his seat, closing his eyes. 

  "I...am really bad with people," He began quietly, insecurity bubbling uncomfortably in his chest, "I think I managed to kind of flirt with Taehyung, but..." He trailed off hesitating. But I have no idea what I'm doing. But I really don't want to mess up with him. But he seems special. But I feel drawn to him. I don't know what to do. Hoseok smiled. 

  "Oh, Jungkook. You have nothing to worry about! Just be your cute, bunny self." He cooed reassuringly, trying and failing to pinch the younger's cheeks. Scowling half-heartedly, Jungkook swatted at his hyung's hands, baring his bunny teeth in defiance, but he stayed quiet and contemplative. Hoseok's eyes softened into something fond and affectionate.

  "Seriously though, Kookie, if this guy doesn't appreciate you for you, then you shouldn't waste your time with them. They aren't worth it, and it's time lost that you could have spent with someone who actually cares about you." Hoseok advised, his voice dropping from his usual, high and happy tone to something that was deeper, wiser. Experienced. His mouth had tightened, like he had tasted something bitter and his eyes were distant. You would know, wouldn't you, hyung? Jungkook thought sadly as his heart constricted in his chest with pain for the older. You didn't deserve what happened to you, hyung. I wish I could stop your pain, Hoseokie.

  "Thank you, hyung. I needed that." Was what Jungkook said instead, trying to lighten the mood with a happy tone of voice. Hoseok, who had been lost in thought, shook his head slightly and ruffled Jungkook's hair affectionately. His smile was a ghost; barely there and haunted. 

   

"Alright, Kookie. Enough of this serious talk. Have you seen AOA's latest dance videos yet?"

 

 

  Kim Seokjin was ridiculously a little flustered. His current employees were being nosy (and rude - but then again, when were they not?) and were interrogating him about Kim Namjoon. With Namjoon right next to him. Covered in hickies. Great.

  "Hyung, were there bees in the bathroom you and Namjoon hyung were in? Did they sting you? Your mouths are swollen!" Taehyung exclaimed, poking the corner of Jin's mouth with an innocence that rarely made an appearance. Jin scowled slightly (Internally, of course. He couldn't afford to wrinkle his beautiful face this young.). This little has had more times than I can count, and he can't tell that I've been making out with Namjoon? Aish, this brat is lucky he's cute. 

  "There weren't just bees in there, Taehyungie," Jimin drawled mockingly, throwing a teasing wink to Jin and a red-faced Namjoon behind him, "I could have sworn there were birds in there too!" He snickered and gestured to a hickey above Jin's collar. "I mean, look at where it crashed into Jin hyung!" Taehyung's eyes widened. 

  "Jimin, shut your mouth before I tell Yoongi about your stripper dance lessons!" Namjoon blurted with a sudden burst of confidence, leaning in close to the younger with a glare. Jimin's eyes widened as he gasped. 

  "You wouldn't dare!" He screeched, his cheeks turning red (these boys should really go to a doctor about their cheeks). Namjoon only narrowed his eyes challengingly. Damn he's hot when he's angry. Jin blamed the sudden sweat on his perfect brow on the lack of air conditioning.

  "Watch me." Namjoon whirled around, screeching calling for Yoongi. The sound that came out Jimin's mouth next was both extremely alarming and utterly hilarious seeing as how Taehyung and Sung were practically rolling on the floor, laughing, and Jin stood there, looking a little lost and more than a little worried. Is this what my life has come to? I have five children, four of them are grown men and at least one of is a stripper, baby-faced dinosaur thing. He groaned half-heartedly. Why me? Even though Jin was be his lack of luck in life, deep down, the disgruntled princess man knew he wouldn't have it any other way. 

  "What the hell do you want, Namjoon?" Yoongi's voice broke through Jin's thoughts. Jin shook his head slightly and turned to watch the scene unfold with growing amusement. Yoongi had emerged from the staff bathroom where Namjoon and Jin had emerged not too long ago. Jin blushed in remembrance of his and Namjoon's...activities. However, his thoughts didn't have time to drift off as the scene in front of him captured his attention yet again. 

  Jimin was in front of Yoongi with his back to Namjoon, pushing on his boyfriend's chest to get him to back up. Although Jimin had incredible strength, when Min Yoongi decided he was not going to move, Min Yoongi Was Not Going To Move. Namjoon pointed an accusing finger at Jimin. 

  "Your midget boyfriend has been taking stripper dance lessons from Hoseok." He tattled, like the little kid he is, smirking smugly at Jimin. Yoongi froze, his usually blank face hardening slightly. Jimin gulped. 

  "Park Jimin," He started slowly, his eyes never leaving Namjoon's, "I could have sworn Namjoon said you were taking stripper dance lesson from that horse-faced cop that had a crush on you. Please, feel free to tell me I'm wrong." His face might have been blank, but his eyes and tone gave him away. His eyes were tightened slightly with anger and his tone was dark. Someone is going to die tonight. Jimin took his hands off of his boyfriend's (surprisingly defined) chest. He looked at the floor and rubbed the nape of his neck sheepishly.

  "W-Well...he's not wrong." Jimin muttered, biting his lip. Yoongi's eyes tightened even more. Jin could have sworn he heard the bones in Yoongi's neck crack as he turned to face his boyfriend.

  "I'm still waiting for an explanation, Park Jimin." He ground out, his fists clenched tightly. Jimin gulped. Jin jumped when he felt a hand at his shoulder, and lips at his ear.

  "I think that's our cue to leave, hyung." Whispered Namjoon, his hot breath tickling Jin's ear. The older only nodded as stated to back away slowly. Namjoon slid his hand gently down Jin's arm until he reached the older's hand, delicately intertwining their hands. Jin smiled. Now that I think about it, it's kind of obvious that we liked each other. Jin mused as Namjoon tugged him somewhere, I'm surprised I didn't notice earlier.

  Namjoon was having similar thoughts. I was a . I'm still a . I should've realized it sooner. I'm usually more observant than this...oh well. Namjoon smiled contentedly as he looked at Jin's damn near perfect face. We're together now, though, so I guess it turned out alright in the end. Namjoon had a chilling thought. What if he doesn't want to actually be my boyfriend? What if he just feels sorry for me? What if-?

  His thoughts were brought to an abrupt (and completely necessary) halt when Jin kissed him. Namjoon's eyes slid shut automatically as he cupped Jin's soft, soft cheeks. Jin pulled back reluctantly, stealing one or four more pecks before calming down enough to make solid eye contact with Namjoon. 

  "What's got you thinking so hard, Namjoonie?" He asked tenderly, bringing his hands up to his shoulders, close to his neck and rubbing the skin there softly. Namjoon closed his eyes and sighed happily at the touch, but pondered how to answer the question.

  "I...I-I mean...Hyung, are we dating?" He blurted, his cheeks flushing an instant red. He pulled back abruptly and started bowing rapidly. 

 "I-I'm sorry hyung! I d-didn't mean-!" Namjoon is once again cut off by one of Jin's kisses. Relief swam through Namjoon, starting in his bones before moving on to his veins and muscles, slowly reaching his heart. Oh

  "Yes, Namjoonie. We can date if you want." Jin said with that stupidly pretty smile of his. Namjoon nodded shyly and grinned (Jin found this incredibly cute - especially since one of his cheeks was puffier than the other). Both men smiled widely and promptly began making out. 

  "YAH, PARK JIMIN! YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO SEE THAT TY HORSE COP!" Jin and Namjoon broke apart at Yoongi's scream. 

  "YOU I'M NOT SEEING HOSEOK HYUNG! HE'S TEACHING ME HOW TO BE Y FOR YOU, DAMMIT!" Was Jimin's reply. Somehow, (they're really not sure, but they really don't care, either), they had ended up in Jin's office. They looked at the door. Then they looked at each other. Waited a beat. Both men fell to the floor, laughing. Wheezing, crying and general dying inside was included. 

 

                "Hyung, our friends are awesome."

 

---------------------------------------------------------

I tried guys. I really did. It's officially trash. (Can you tell Hoseok is my bias? lol) I hope you enjoyed it! If you see anything wrong with it, please, feel free to let me know! Also! School is coming up (August 22nd a.k.a. Monday), so I might not be able to update as often :/ but! I will try my hardest! Although, I feel like this story should come to a close pretty soon. Your opinion would be very much appreciated on this matter. As always, comments are greatly appreciated. Stay lovely! <3