Daughters And Dating

Realizing The Obvious

A/N: I...have no idea what this trash is. I have no idea what I'm doing. Forgive me? I don't really have a plot line, I'm just going with the flow.      

---------------------------------------------------------

       What the hell just happened? Was Kim Seokjin's first thought when he got home, his back hitting the door. He closed his eyes and tilted his head back to rest against the wood. What am I going to do? Was his second, miserable thought. 

       "Appa, why is your face so pink?" Sung asked with a eating grin innocently. Jin shook his head and smiled tiredly. Because Namjoon makes me ridiculously flustered, that's why. Stupid, klutzy, ridiculously handsome Namjoon.

       "I'm just a little warm, Sung-ah. Come on, it's bed time, sweetie." He replied gently, taking her hand. Sung yawned and went obidiently with her father, rubbing her eyes sleepily. 

       "Appa, why can't Joonie oppa live with us?" She asked drowsily. Jin's shoulders sagged. Because I am 98% sure Namjoon is straight. Even if he was gay, there's no way he would want an old fart like me. I might be devastatingly gorgeous, but that doesn't turn back time...now matter how much I wish it did. 

        Jin was so caught up in his thoughts, he hadn't noticed that Sung had let go of his hand. Since he was so caught up in his obsessive and regualr thoughts about Namjoon, he failed to see that Sung's door was closed. So, he walked straight into it with a loud thud. 

        "Yah! Why didn't you stop me, Sung!" He yelped, placing a hand on his tender forehead. Sung giggled sleepily, her eyes droopy.

         "You were too lost, Appa." She replied, stumbling tiredly to her father. Jin shook his head and chuckled softly, picking her up. He cradled her gently, her tiny body curled up to his. 

         "You're lucky I love you." Jin said, setting her down to help her out of her day clothes. Sung just grinned impishly. Once Jin had gotten his daughter changed, he put her in bed, and reached for her favorite storybook. 

           "Appa, can Namjoon oppa read to me?" She asked cutely, her brown eyes wide with hope. Jin froze, his fingers inches from the book. Why the sudden fixation on Namjoon? I swear, that little brat loves him more than she loves me. And Namjoon hardly pays attention to me - Jin paused in his thoughts, cringing. What the hell? Did I just...get jealous of my six year old daughter? For spending time with her babysitter?! Aish, what is wrong with me? Jin shook his head and frowned. 

        "Appa?"

        "Yes, Sung-ah?"

        "You got lost again." She scolded gently, reaching up to poke his forehead. The older Kim sighed, shaking his head again. 

        "Sungie-ah, I'm sorry, but Namjoon can't read to you tonight, ok?" He said, tucking her hair being her ear. Sung frowned, but nodded anyway. Jin reached for her book again. 

         Don't be fooled, Sung loved it when her father read to her. He always used different voices for different characters, made silly faces and always made sure he showed Sung the colorful pictures. But she can't help but wonder...what would it be like if Namjoon oppa read to her in that deep voice of his? Would it sound scary? Or would it soothe her (as it usually did) and make her fall asleep? The poor child was just curious. 

         "Good night, sweetheart. I love you." Jin said, kissing her forehead before he placed her book on the nightstand next to her bed. Sung sighed.

         "Good night, Appa. I love you too."

         Jin got up and padded softly to her door and shut off the lights, stealing one last look at his daughter before shutting the door. 

         Jin managed to get to his room, change and slip into his pastel pink sheets without thinking about Namjoon. It was when the seconds turn to minutes, and the minutes turned to an an hour; that's when he was in trouble. 

          There's no way Namjoon is gay, He thought, even if he was gay, there's no garauntee he'd date me. Then again, my face is pretty spectacular. But, not everybody has great taste, unfortunately. Jin sighed. Even if we did date, what would Sung think? Jin scoffed to himself with a small smile. That little would probably say it was her plan all along. 

           That was his last thought before he drifted into a deep, Namjoon-filled sleep. What a surprise.

 

 

 

          Jin woke up to Sung singing Frozen, very loudly, on his chest. He blinked awake groggily, trying to shake off what was left of the nightmare about Namjoon. Something about his heart being made out of glass, and Namjoon was being his regular, self and broke it...

        "Appa, wake up! Someone's at the door!" She screeched when she noticed his fluttering eyes. Jin groaned and rolled over, causing Sung to fall over with a yelp. 

          "Sung-ah, did you see who it was?" He mumbled into his pillow. Even though he couldn't see her (he was too busy suffocating himself in is pillow), she shook her head rapidly.

       "No, Appa. The peep-hole is too far up for me to reach." She pouted, crossing her arms. Jin groaned. Sung poked his cheek, irritated at her father's lack of motivation. Thinking for a moment, she grinned wickedly

       "What if it's Namjoon oppa?" 

        Jin's eyes shot open. He blinked rapidly, trying to wake himself up Jin groaned again, but rolled out of bed, somehow managing to land on his feet. Sung giggled at seeing her father in such a state. He stumbled blearily down the stairs and to the front door. Jin practically fell onto his door so he could through the peep-hole to, in fact, see Namjoon in all of his glory. Flat or not, that babysitter was hot. Ha. That rhymed. Jin practically ripped open the door. 

      "Namjoon. Hi. What are you doing here?" He asked breathlessly. Namjoon's eyes widened as he took in Jin's state of appearance. Blond hair in disarray, white undershirt, pink boxers and his face was still indented and puffy from sleep. 

      "Um...Jin hyung? It's eight-thirty..." He trailed off awkwardly, biting his lip. Jin's eyes widened considerably in realization. He was late for work.

      "!" He blurted, sprinting back to his room, tripping over himself. Seeing as how he left the door wide open, Namjoon took that as his cue to step in and get Sung ready to go. 

       Meanwhile, Jin was freaking out. Badly. How is it already eight-thirty?! I never sleep in! He ranted in his thoughts. Since he was freaking out and running around his room with his pants barely on his hips and he couldn't find his shirt, he wasn't careful and caught his toe on the corner of his bed, promptly fanning on his face with an impressive thud. Jin groaned loudly. Why me?

        "Hyung?!" Namjoon called, bursting through the door, looking around frantically. He finally spotted his hyung on the floor, his eyes wide. Damn. If their eyes get any wider, they might just pop out. 

        "Hyung, what happened? Are you ok?" Namjoon asked worriedly, crouching down next to Jin. The oldest Kim just whined and curled into himself. 

       "Why me, Joonie-ah? Am I a bad person? Am I too ugly to function normally?!" He wailed, looking up at the younger with pouted lips and sad eyes. Namjoon choked (what are you thinking about that has you choking, Namjoon-ah?) and spluttered, not expecting this extremely cute side of his hyung. Nevertheless, he handled it about as gracefully as usual; basically, a bull in a china shop. 

        "W-well, I-I'm...hyung, I don't-" He stumbled over his words, trying and failing miserably to reassure his hyung that, no, Jin-ah, I don't know why you, and, of course you're not a bad person, Seokjinnie hyung and lastly, Jinnie hyung, that's just stupid; everyone knows you're the prettiest there is. 

       Namjoon, at some point, had gathered the hyung into his lanky arms, Jin curled into him. The younger Kim was rocking them back and forth, murmuring reassurances that everything was going to be ok, telling him to calm the hell down. 

       "Jin hyung, you still have the café to run. You need to get dressed." He murmured gently, petting Jin's soft hair. How the hell did I get in this situation? Not that I'm complaining, but doesn't this cross a line? This is not an employee/boss...moment? Situation? What do I even call this?

       "Namjoon-ah, I don't want to go into work today." Jin whined, pouting up at the younger. Namjoon smiled at his cuteness. But then his eyes wandered. Those lucky eyes caught sight of Kim Seokjin, shirtless. He had noticed that Jin wasn't wearing a shirt earlier, but he hadn't had time to process that fact, seeing as Jin was close to a break down. But man, did he notice now. 

        Lightly tanned skin stretched over a layer of muscle across Jin's broad chest, leading down to slightly formed abdominal muscles. In other words, Jin's body was gorgeous. He might not be well defined, or overly muscled, but it was Jin; so it was perfect. Just like the rest of him. Blushing hotly, Namjoon quickly stood up, causing Jin to fall on the floor, again, and practically sprinted out the door, screeching that he would meet him downstairs. Jin could only pout on the floor in confusion and pain. 

      Although he was confused at Namjoon's sudden...whatever it was, he quickly finished getting dressed and practically fell down the stairs. Sung and Namjoon were waiting patiently by the front door, Namjoon's face still a light pink. Jin glanced at his watch and saw that only ten minutes had passed since Sung had woken up. Even so, his bus had left at six a.m. that morning. That's a problem, because Jin doesn't have a car. This is just not my day, Jin thought as he face-palmed. Gently of course. He can't afford to damage his beautiful face. 

       "Namjoon-ah, do you have a car? I missed my bus." He asked, panicked. Namjoon nodded quickly and the trio sprinted out the door towards Namjoon's house, piling quickly into the vehicle. Namjoon peeled out of his driveway quickly, almost speeding towards Jin's café.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Welp. This is officially trash. Please kill me. This chapter was everywhere, but whatever. I tried to make it kinda steamy, but I failed miserably, as you could tell, I'm sure. I hope you guys like it! Please, feel free to tell me if anything is wrong or give constructive criticism. Requests are welcome too. Until next time!