Pizza and Princesses

Realizing The Obvious

         Kim Namjoon has a problem. Well...he has several problems, but one of them is named Seokjin. Kim Seokjin, to be exact. Why is Kim Seokjin a problem? He is too...beautiful. Too kind, too smart, too caring too...perfect. Too far out of Namjoon's reach. Why? Seokjin (or Jin as he insisted Namjoon call him) has a family. More specifically, a daughter. Kim Sung. Smart little six year old, she is. This wouldn't be so much of a problem if Namjoon wasn't so gay. The bigger problem, is that Namjoon is gay for Jin. 

        "Play with me oppa!" Sung shrieked in Namjoon's ear, nearly causing him to fall out of his chair. Another one of Namjoon's problems, is that he babysits Sung every day (excluding Sunday) from 7:30 in the morning, until 7:30 in the evening. This isn't so much of a problem, but it doesn't help that Sung is an adorable reminder that he will never get that fine piece of called Jin. 

       "Sung-ah! Don't yell in my ear!" Namjoon scolded gently, "Don't you remember what happened last time you did that?" Sung's eyes widened at his words. Paling a little, she shook her head fiercely. 

       "No, oppa! I'm sorry!" She apologized, climbing into his lap to hug him tightly. Namjoon chuckled and her hair soothingly as he remembered what happened a few weeks ago. 

      "Oppa, I'm hungry!" Sung whined, crawling into Namjoon's lap with the biggest (and cutest) pout ever. Namjoon chuckled and ruffled her hair. 

      "What do you want then? You know I don't cook." He replied, amused. Sung frowned, not at all satisfied with Namjoon's response. She appeared to be deep in thought for several minutes before her face brightened with an idea. 

       "What about pizza?" She asked excitedly. Namjoon was quick to agree since she was picky and he couldn't cook at all wasn't the best cook.

      She quickly jumped up and ran for his phone, practically sprinting back. 'Wow, she must really be hungry.' He chuckled to himself, accepting his phone from her tiny hands. He called up the local pizzeria and got delivery, which would take about half an hour. So he got busy setting up the table for two and was in the process of getting out the glasses when Sung decided it would be a great idea to surprise her oppa. As usual, he had been engrossed with thoughts of his neighbor, Jin. How pretty he was, how strong, how loving, how much of a princess he really was (when Jin was home, he often played with his daughter outside in a plastic castle he had gotten for himself his daughter. Jin often took over the roll as Princess, while poor Sung was stuck with maid.) and how he was so far out of Namjoon's league when Sung snuck up behind and screamed, "BOO!". 

      Namjoon managed to break the glasses in his hands, the plates on the table and knock his glasses off the end of his nose. Needless to say, Sung has been careful around her destructive babysitter ever since. 

        "What do you want to play, Sung-ah? Your appa is going to be here soon." He reminded her as he glanced at the clock. She stuck out her tongue at him as the doorbell rang. Sung's eyes widened and she jumped up, running to the door. Namjoon chuckled and followed after her.  

         "Appa, Appa, Appa!" She cried as she jumped into Jin's arms. Jin laughed happily, the sound sending pleasant chills down Namjoon's back. The babysitter watched the scene unfold with a soft smile. 

        "Did you have a good day, Sungie-ah?" Jin asked his daughter as he poked her nose affectionately. Sung giggled and buried her face into Jin's broad chest. 

         "Duh, Appa! I was with Namjoon-ah all day!" She replied with an adorable laugh. Namjoon smiled affectionately at that. Jin only smiled, amused. 

          "Oh? Did Namjoon-ah break anything else today?" He asked, shooting the younger a teasing glance. Namjoon blushed and rubbed his neck sheepishly. 

           "Well-"

           "Oh my gosh, Appa! You should've been here! Oppa was trying to do the dishes, but he put too much soap, so the dishes were really slippery and he dropped, like, six!" Sung rambled, laughing in the middle of her explanation, "But before that, he was making coffee, and he went to pour it, but he dropped the coffee and it broke all over the floor and it made him drop the mug he was holding, so he broke that too!" She finished in one breath, panting after she was done. Jin turned his attention away from his daughter to raise an eyebrow at Namjoon, who was blushing bright pink. 

      "Well, she's not wrong, hyung..." He offered weakly, smiling sheepishly. Jin snickered. Namjoon scowled at his hyung and stuck his tongue out childishly. Jin just rolled his eyes and returned the gesture when Sung wasn't looking.

       "Well, Sung-ah, it's time to go home." Jin announced, setting his daughter down on the floor so he could hold her hand. Sung pouted. 

       "But...Namjoon oppa is my favorite oppa! I wanna stay!" She whined, stomping her foot, tears pricking at her eyes. This was also a common occurrence in the younger Kim's home. Sung loved her oppa and her appa, but she couldn't quite seem to...let go when the time came. It was always difficult for her to leave. Sung cries before she leaves her own home, and she cries before she leaves her home away from home. It was tiring, but also kind of really touching that a young, picky child (she was just as picky with people as she was her food) such as Kim Sung adored him so much. Truly remarkable. 

       Namjoon knelt down in front of her with a soft smile. He brushed the tears off her cheeks gently with his thumb, causing Sung to giggle at the the ticklish sensation. 

       "Sung-ah, I'll be here when you come back tomorrow. Just like yesterday. And the day before that. And the day before that." Namjoon reassured her after he placed his large hands on her slim shoulders. Sung frowned. 

       "But oppa...the day before yesterday was Sunday..." She argued. Namjoon rolled his eyes and stood up. 

       "You know what I mean, Sungie-ah. Even if I don't babysit you dome days, I'll be here for you. Ok?" Namjoon replied, ruffling her black hair gently. Sung nodded and then smiled brightly, her cheeks threatening to take over her eyes. 

       "Ok oppa!" She exclaimed, throwing her arms around his leg. Jin laughed, his eyes crinkling prettily at the corners. Namjoon's breath hitched at the sight, his heart attacking his ribs viciously. Why are you so pretty, hyung? Namjoon thought miserably as he stared at studied Jin. Lost in thought, Namjoon didn't notice that Jin was also staring at studying him, his gaze intense. 

        Sung was an unusually perceptive six year old. Nobody had to explain to her that life ends, or that bad things happen in the world. Yet, she has this innocence, this naivety, this...purity, that never seems to dull or fade. Even with every new bad thing she learns. But, she also has this thing with people. She can pick up on a person's mood, personality...and she's right. Most of the time. Sung looked between her two elders, brows furrowed. 

        "Appa, do you like Namjoon oppa?" Sung asked curiously, her eyes wide and innocent. Jin snapped his gaze down to his daughter, jaw dropped in surprise. Namjoon's cheeks colored a bright red. Jin cleared his throat, his pretty cheeks flushed with a subtle pink.

        "Of course I like him, Sung-ah. I wouldn't let you hang around him if I didn't." He answered coolly, making eye contact with Namjoon, winking. The latter blushed harder, maintaining eye contact with his hyung. Sung narrowed her eyes at her father.

        "If you like him so much, why doesn't he live with us?" She quipped with a frown, placing her hands on her hips. Namjoon died and sank into hell choked on his current breath, coughing. Jin's motherly instincts possessed urged him to help Namjoon by rubbing his back. The close contact with his hyung caused him to cough harder. 

       "Sung! Go get him water!" Jin ordered, slightly panicked. A wide-eyed Sung obeyed immediately, sprinting to the kitchen. At this point, Namjoon's eyes were watering, tears spilling over his cheeks. Sung quickly returned with the water, her tongue poked out in concentration as she carefully carried the glass of water to her oppa and appa. 

       "Thank you, Sung-ah." Jin nodded to his daughter and turned back to Namjoon. 

       "Come on, Joonie-ah. Quit dying for a minute." He chuckled, holding the glass to the younger's mouth. Namjoon sputtered at first, but quickly starting gulping the soothing water. 

        "Thank you, hyung." He croaked, blushing brightly once he had calmed. Jin shook his head and cupped Namjoon's cheeks gently, rubbing away the drying tear tracks on his cheeks. If it were possible, Namjoon's cheeks would've caught on fire by now since he was blushing so hard. When the evidence of Namjoon's tears had gone, Jin didn't remove his hands, opting instead to Namjoon's adorably puffy cheeks. Sung, the little (she planned this...somehow), had a self-satisfied smirk on her deceptively innocent face. However, being six, she was tired and let out a huge yawn, ruining the moment. 

       The two jumped apart, Namjoon bearing an unhealthy resemblance to a tomato. Jin was more Pepto Bismal-ish. 

        "Come on, Sungie. Bed time." Jin said, his voice unusually high. Jin cleared his throat and scooped up his small daughter, muttering a 'thank you' to Namjoon before promptly walking out. Namjoon stumbled to his door and locked it. He turned, his back thumping against the wood. He slid down until his flat hit the floor. Namjoon stared at the glass in his hand. 

               "What the hell just happened?"

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I am so sorry this trash exists. I felt like it was kinda boring, but picked up at the end. But hey! If you like it, I am CERTAINLY not complaining! Please comment! Let me know what I need to fix. Please, if you see any errors, please let me know. It gets better! Hopefully...well, until next time, I suppose.