seven

Curious Days of Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

    The door opened and when Minhee looked, no one was there. She tried to stand, but was stuck in her spot. She blinked and blinked but things were getting fuzzier and fuzzier until a muffled voice started growing louder and louder in her ear. She closed her eyes and opened them to find herself laying in bed with her mother lended over her screaming her to wake up. Minhee immediately sat up and looked the woman in the face before attacking her with a massive hug.

 

    “Don’t act cute, get up and get ready for work,” the woman said, her words not matching her actions as she too wrapped her arms around her daughter to reciprocate the seemingly random affection. Squished face against her mother’s shoulder, Minhee began to speak.

 

    “I had the worst night mare,” was all she said before giving the woman one last squeeze and letting her go.

 

    “Yeah okay, lazy. Just wake up and get ready fast. You overslept,” the woman said as she turned to leave the room. Minhee looked over at the clock on her bedside and saw the time was 8:03 and her alarm had been blaring the entire time. She hit the button atop it and kick the covers off her as she remembered her babies. The girl got up and saw the gerbils were walking around the tank, wondering when they’d receive breakfast. With a gasp of relief Minhee took off the lid and picked up her favorite (yes, even though she hated to admit it, she did have favorites), giving him a soft coddling in her palms.

 

    “I am so happy you are alive Alfonso,” she said while opening the top drawer of the dresser the tank stood upon, getting out the pet food as well as a few too many treats to present them.

 

    Hours later Minhee stood i uniform, manning the register of the pet shop. It was nearing noon and she was still a bit shaken from the dream but managed to act like nothing was wrong. Since it was nearing lunchtime, she was expecting her best friend any second. Once the clock hit noon, instead walked in Jungkook. Minhee stood with a genuine smile as he approached the counter but wondered why he looked so grim. The boy reached the register and just let out a sigh.

 

    “What?”

 

    Jungkook shook his head.

 

    “You better go take a look in the back.”

 

    Minhee cocked a brow and scanned the shop. Their were a few other student workers mulling around, stocking shelves or cleaning small messes, so a quick trip to the back wouldn’t completely disrupt the order of things. She took another glance at Jungkook and let out a small huff as she spun around and headed towards the doors marked staff only. It was a room ful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter