one

Curious Days of Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

 

 

     Kim Taehyung had always been a little weird, but Jeon Minhee was fine with it. She embraced oddball behavior and was more than happy to call the boy her best friend. Even if the things he said came off as obscure and only earned a chuckle from himself, she would roll her eyes and rescue the joke with a few words of mockery that lighten the mood. Having met one another their second year of high school, plenty of people thought they were dating, or at least would be one day. Now the time had come for university and a strain came when Minhee confirmed she would be taking a gap year.

 

    “But your grades are perfect, you could even get into one of the SKY schools,” Taehyung said, trying to remain neutral but failing. Minhee rolled her eyes and let her gaze drop to the pavement they walked along. The pair lagged behind the rest of their friends as a big group of recent grads decided to spend the first day of break together, celebrating the new chapter of their lives.

 

    “It’s fine. I’ll just work in my parents shop for a while,” she said simply. She had no interest in studying anything and didn’t see the point in wasting time and her family’s money when she could be of use and actually help them.

 

    “So your going to just let me die alone?” Tae said, causing the girl to laugh.

 

    “Stupid. We’ll still be friends. Come to the shop between breaks to study and we can gossip about all the cute boys in your courses,” Minhee said, causing him to almost choke. The girl didn’t know, or care for that matter, about Taehyung’s uality. But she did like to here and there just for the fun of it. He never talked much about girls, or boys, he found attractive so she really had nothing to go off of.

 

    “As if. Why do you always think I’m gay? Do I not look manly to you?” he said and Minhee stopped herself from raising a brow.

 

    “You can be manly and gay. Look at Yoongi,” she said, nodding towards another guy in the group who she has suspicions about. Taehyung looked ahead at the guy and back at her, a look of annoyance clear on his face.

 

    “He’s not gay.” he said, causing her to shrug.

 

    “That’s what you think,” and she had to hold back a chuckle at the perplexed gaze Taehyung threw in the other boy’s direction. “Dare you to find out,” Minhee added, wondering if he would actually take the challenge. The pair started to close the gap between them and the rest of the group as several of them decided to stop at a bubble tea shop, one of them being Yoongi.

 

    “Why can’t you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter