two

Unlikely Fairytale

After that fateful encounter, Jeon Jungkook and Kim Yerim had been friends. Despite Yerim's preference of being alone, she didn't mind when Jungkook randomly approach her during recess. He doesn't approach her everyday, but when he does, he'd usually ask her what book she's currently reading or strike up random conversations.

Over the time, they had been spending time more frequently. Both figured out that they lived close to each other and Jungkook had made it his duty to take her home after school (but not on days he has soccer practice).

"Can't let the Princess go home alone when danger might just be around the corner." Is what he said when Yerim had rejected his offer. The nickname had made little 4th grade Yerim giddy and feeling warm. Affter that, there were no objections whenever Jungkook took her home. During those times they'd share stories and even random facts they just found out. Jungkook had even met both her parents when they coincidently went home earlier and was even more shocked to find out that they already knew him.

"Jungkook? The Jeons' son? Oh, you've grown up so fast." Her mother had exclaimed. Turns out the Jeons were the first people to greet the Kims when they had first moved to the neighbourhood. After that, Jungkook would often get invited to dinner by the Kims. Sometimes even the whole family would get together for dinner.

Two years after that both had somewhat parted ways. Jungkook had went to middle school while Yerim was still stuck in sixth grade. Even after that they were still separated. Yerim's parents had enrolled her to an all-girls school. Despite that, Jungkook still kept his promise to take her home. Luckily their schools weren't too far from each other.

It was during middle school when Yerim had found her love for fairytales could help her school drama club. Apparently her usual daydreams about princesses, fairies and knights had enabled her to design and help create the costumes for the plays. She was more than happy to help and she even made friends from different years. And while Yerim found her passion, Jungkook kept his. With hardwork, Jungkook had earned himself a spot in the school's team as a midfielder even when he first entered high school.

When Jungkook entered high school, the girls in Yerim's school that were admirers started to increase. It was also during the time that her friends began questioning Yerim's relationship with Jungkook.

"Yerim-ah, the handsome highschooler's here for you again."

"Oh, he's the one that's been taking you home for the past years, isn't he?"

"Are you guys dating?"


Her friends had said one day. Yerim would usually shrug the question off and say that they were only childhood friends. Even after saying that, Yerim would still feel butterflies when Jungkook would ruffle her hair or even just by walking home together. But Jungkook had never mentioned anything and she had just assumed that he thought of her as a friend. She also tried to assure herself that she didn't feel anything but friendship with the older boy. 

That was what she thought, until she went to high school.
 

A/N: Hi hello! Thank you for those who subscribed and read. Feel free to leave any comments and opinions of the story :)