Bonus 1

Unlikely Fairytale

Happy new year! Here's the bonust chapter that took longer than I thought to upldate. Enjoy!

This chapter takes place a couple of weeks after Jungkook's graduation


Jungkook stood waiting at the bus stop. He checked the time on his phone for the upteemth time and saw that it had only been five minutes since he's been there.

Not to mention he was also fifteen minutes early.

But he was glad he came earlier than her, this way he would have time to calm himself down. He's been jumpy all day, knowing he'd be able to see her soon after only having conversations from their phones. Yes, Jungkook was about to have his first date with Yerim.

As soon as graduation was over, Jungkook had to prepare things for university. This included packing, taking care of some paperworks, and trying to settle things in his soon to be dorm. On the other hand, Yerim had finals to prepare. Furthermore, despite her offering to help pack and all, Jungkook wanted her to focus on her studies with the promise of keeping her updated everyday.

Jungkook remembered how after they have finally confessed to each other, the couple were interrupted by Jungkook's brother before they could say anything else. Moreover, when they had reached Jungkook's parents Yerim was whisked away by his mother not even giving Jungkook the opportunity to speak to her briefly.

This continued on as Jungkook and his family decided to have dinner with Yerim. Yerim was located next to his mother on the far corner while Jungkook sat at the other corner. Even after dinner he wasn't able to say anything until they dropped her home. Yerim thanked and bid them good night before entering her house, only sparing him a small smile.

Jungkook was a bit disappointed then until he saw his phone lighting up with a message from Yerim. After he arrived home, he called her as soon as possible and they hit it off again. 

A week ago, Yerim had informed him that she was about to finish her exams and Jungkook had then blurted that they should meet to celebrate. Yerim agreed to it fast and then hung up. Right after that, his roomate came in.

"Oh, what's this? Did you just planned a date with your girlfriend?" His roomate said as he took a bottle of water from the fridge. Jungkook noticed that his roomate had mentioned the word date and instantly flushed and nodded. His roomate then laughed at his expression, mentioning how cute freshmen were before heading to his own room.

After that, Jungkook had realised that they did just agreed to go on a date. Sure they both had hang out with each other, but that was as friends. The shift in their relationship would mean that this will be their very first date and Jungkook didn't know what to do with that information.

 

-

 

Jungkook was brought back to the present time when a bus had stopped in front of him. The door opened and people began coming out. Jungkook could feel his heart beating faster and he could feel his hand getting clammy. As more and more people stepped out of the bus, the more nervous he got.

A figure stood down from the bus and as she looked up, Jungkook could feel butterflies swarming in his stomach. There stood Yerim, in a white tee and shorts, and also a cardigan to top it off. Hair let loose and she smiled at the sight of Jungkook.

Jungkook stood still as she began approaching him. She still had a smile on as she stood in front of him, and Jungkook was tongue tied.

"Hey." The girl said when Jungkook didn't say anything. Come on, say something back. He thought to himself before clearing his throat.

"Hey," he croaked, not looking into her eyes. "So, uh, we should go see what movies are playing." Before walking ahead.

Idiot, you should have sounded happier! He mentally scold himself. Wait, I shouldn't walk ahead by myself.

Jungkook looked back towards Yerim who was trying to catch up. When she finally caught up she murmured a shy apology for being slow and they both proceeded to head to the cinemas.

On their way there, Yerim spotted a pop up cart that sold flowers. The colorful flowers caught her eyes and they had stopped to look.

Flowers...oh no! I should've bought one! He scolded himself again. He didn't know why it seemed like he didn't prepare enough for today. He thought about offering to buy some for her when suddenly the clerk spoke to him.

"Hey young man, would you want to buy your lovely girlfriend some flowers?" He asked. Caught off guard, Jungkook had automatically said, "We should hurry if we want to get tickets to the movies."

No! He screamed internally. That's not what you're supposed to say! He felt frustrated before walking away. Behind him, Jungkook could hear Yerim excusing herself and catching up with him.

When they arrived at the cinema, Jungkook was about to apologize to Yerim before she beat him.

"Wow, good thing we rushed oppa. We can catch the 1 o'clock one!" She said as she walked towards the ticket booth, luckily enough there was no queue. They got their tickets and bought popcorn and drinks before heading inside. 

Throughout the film, Jungkook kept glancing towards the girl who was immersed to what was going on the screen. He still felt bad about the previous incident and had planned to apologize again later. He leaned back on his chair before reaching towards the popcorn that was placed between them. He was surprised when he felt a soft hand instead of popcorn. Jungkook glanced to his hand only to find it brushing with Yerim's and quickly pulled away. He muttered 'sorry' before letting her grab some popcorn for herself and trying to focus on the movie. Jungkook wasn't aware of the small giggle Yerim let out at his shy demeanor.

 

-

 

After the movie, they had decided to stop by the cafe for a late lunch. Even after that, things still didn't go Jungkook's way.

He has always imagined that if he ever went on a date, things would be romantic and that it would go smoothly. So far, Jungkook's had his tongue tied and wasn't able to talk freely to Yerim. Next, he didn't have enough money to pay for both of their meal. Not to mention when he wanted to try pouring water for her, he ended up spilling some due to his trembling hands which nearly drenched her phone. Jungkook kept on apologizing and mentally scolded himself while Yerim had laugh at the mishaps saying that it was fine.

The couple then decided to just stroll around as soon as they finished their lunch. Due to his own clouded mind, Jungkook didn't realize he's been walking too fast and not noticing his surrounding until he felt a tug on the hem of his shirt. Startled, Jungkook looked back to find Yerim who was a bit out of breath. Jungkook's eyes widened a bit and was about to aplogize yet again before Yerim spoke first.

"Sorry, it's just crowded and I must've been walking to slow." She said and quickly let go of her hold on his shirt. Jungkook then noticed his surrounding and saw that it was indeed crowded. Without any hesitance he quickly took Yerim's hand into his.

"There," he said gesturing to their intertwinded hands, "this way we won't lose sight of each other and we can walk the same pace. Sorry I was walking too fast by the way."

They then proceeded to stroll around. They didn't talk much except when one of them wanted to stop by a shop, however it wasn't uncomfortable by the least. Yerim noticed that Jungkook had no intention of letting go of her hand throughout their walk and was happy by it. Jungkook on the other hand didn't really realize his bold action at first until a few moments later when Yerim dragged them into a store. He saw that they were holding hands and just noticed that he was the one who initiated it.

He then could start to feel his palm being clammy and was about to let go but felt Yerim squeezing his hand with a small smile on her face. His gaze softened at the sight and he gave a small squeeze as well, noticing that the small smile on her face became a full on grin.

 

-

 

When the sun has began to set, both had agree that it was time to end their date. Jungkook took Yerim to the bus stop before catching his own bus.

"Sorry I can't walk home with you like usual." Jungkook said as they waited for the bus. "And also for today, it didn't go so well and I feel like I've ruined it and I can't believe I didn't have enough money back then-"

Yerim cut him off as she held both of his hands. "Stop rambling, you didn't ruin anything." She started as she looked into his eyes. "Despite your own judgement I enjoyed today, it was refreshing after all of the exams I had."

"Also, regarding the money issue why don't we make a deal?" She proposed. "Next date we can take turn paying the bills, I pay for movies and you pay for food."

"N-next date?" Jungkook stammered.

"Of course, I'll be expecting more dates after today." She firmly said. "Unless you don't want to have any more dates...?"

"Yes! Of course, next date for sure I'll be more prepared." He quickly said and Yerim's bus soon arrived. Jungkook gestured her to go in when Yerim seemed to not budge.

Yerim looked into the boy's eyes as he gave her a confused look. She then surprised him by giving Jungkook a hug, arms wounded on his neck as she stood on her tippy toes.

"Thanks for today oppa," she said, her face on the crook of his neck. "I've missed you." She breathed and held him a bit tighter.

Jungkook found himself hugging her back but not being able to say anything. Yerim then let go reluctantly before stepping onto the bus. She took the seat near the window and gave Jungkook a small wave which he replied as the bus took off.

 

-

 

A couple of minutes later, Yerim's phone buzzed.

jeon.jk: I've missed you too

jeon.jk: let's plan another date soon

Yerim's face beamed at the text and she came back home with the biggest grin on her face.