Bonus 4

Unlikely Fairytale

A/N: I know it's way past halloween but this has been bugging my mind quite a bit and I just hope you'll like it!


“What the heck are you wearing?”

The boy in question let out a sheepish smile under the girl’s scrutinising gaze. Her arms crossed in a somewhat disapproving manner.

“I lost a bet to my roommate.” He explained timidly, playing with the fur of his costume. The girl held her gaze at his figure and made him even more nervous until she lets her arms fell on her side.

“Well, at least it’s not too embarrassing.” Yerim said, her tone teasing.

“Not embarrassing?” Jungkook asked completely baffled and she nodded. “I’m probably going to be the laughing stock at the carnival.”

Yerim smiled at the now sulking boy. “I think you look cute though.”

Jungkook turned red at Yerim’s comment before awkwardly clearing his throat. “Uh, come on, let’s just head to the carnival.” Jungkook stormed ahead of her and Yerim let out a giggle as his floppy bunny ears bounced with each step. 

 

~

 

The pair arrived at the carnival and everyone’s attention were on them. Or on Jungkook. Despite it being halloween and most of the people there had on their costumes, Jungkook was the most eye-catching.

As soon as they stepped into the carnival ground, people kept on glancing towards Jungkook. Kids squealed at the sight of his costume and some would even approach him and give him hugs. Some would even ask for balloons or candies, thinking that he was the carnival’s mascot.

Yerim kept on laughing at Jungkook’s miserableness while he would just let out an awkward smile.

They walked around the booths for a while before deciding to buy a snack from one of the vendor. After finishing their food, the walked around some more. They were enjoying their small walk before another group of kids spotted Jungkook and quickly approached him.

“Mr. Bunny! Mr. Bunny! Can we take a picture with you?” One of them asked, already holding a phone in their hand. Jungkook was about to reject the kids before Yerim interjected.

“Of course he’d love to take a picture with you guys, here let me help.” The child then gave her the phone as the children huddled up to Jungkook. “1, 2, 3, smile!”

After the shot, the kids each gave Jungkook a hug and a thank you. Yerim handed the child the phone and was confused at the look they gave her. Before she could ask them, a boy from the group had beat her.

“Are you a princess?” He asked in awe and Jungkook glanced at Yerim. He had noticed her sparkly costume when they met but he hadn’t truly looked at her or how gorgeous she looked in it.

“Of course she is!” A girl replied. “She and Mr. Bunny are probably friends and are trying to look for her prince.”

At that Jungkook frowned. What prince? True she looked great in it, but even Jungkook wasn’t sure what she was supposed to be. He then looked closely at Yerim’s costume. Her sparkly dress reached her mid thigh and to top it of she had on a sparkly cone on her head with a white ribbon flowing form the top of the cone. 

“No, kids she’s not a princess.” Jungkook spoke up and the kids gave him a confused look. “She’s the tin man or woman from Wizard of Oz!”

Yerim was baffled at Jungkook’s explanation while the kids then had a look of understanding and proceeded to ask for a picture with her. She was about to rebut Jungkook’s explanation before the kids gathered around her. Yerim then gave an awkward smile to the camera as Jungkook took the picture.

The kids thanked them again before running off to look at the booths. Jungkook waved at them with a grin on his face. When he turned to Yerim, the girl gave him a look. “What?”

“Really? Tin man from Wizard of Oz?” She questioned him, hands on her hip.

"Well, that’s what you’re dressed as, right?” Jungkook replied, still confused at the girl’s change of mood. She then glowered at him. “A cute tin man?”

Yerim let out an incredulous scoff before stomping away from him. “Wait- Yerim it’s hard to walk fast in this costume!”

 

~

 

The pair walked around again and even played on some of the games booth despite Yerim’s previous distress. Jungkook had started with coaxing her to play against him on the dart game which she reluctantly agreed to and was able to make her happy when he lost to her. They then changed booth and played against each other again until Yerim was laughing in glee with another victory.

“Someone’s happy now.” Jungkook said, teasing the girl who was now happily hugging a doll she had won.

“Of course, I beat you and even got a prize for it.” She teased back and Jungkook chuckled. “But I am still a bit disappointed that you think I’m the tin man.”

“And to think I was about to give you a present if you got it right.” She muttered which had piqued Jungkook’s interest.

“Present? What’s the present?” He asked.

“Well you have to guess correctly to know.” She shot back. “I’ll give you until we head back to guess what I’m dressed as and if you win, you get the prize. But if you fail, you’ll have to grant me a wish.”

“Deal.” The boy said smugly. It can’t be that hard.

 

~

 

They walked around some more and planned to go on rides but were rejected due to Jungkook’s overly fluffy and big costume. He couldn’t fit into the seats and even though it was a bummer, Yerim had assured him that it was alright.

They then began looking for something they could do together and would allow Jungkook in. Throughout this time, Jungkook had his mind busy thinking of what Yerim was dressed as. Every idea that he had in mind was wrong and he was about to lose his mind if he couldn’t figure it out by the end of the night.

Finally they found something to do. They stood outside a haunted house which gratefully didn’t have a problem with Jungkook’s costume. They queued and went inside, very eager to the things they’ll see in the haunted house.

As soon as they stepped inside, Jungkook’s mind was clear of anything that had to do with what Yerim was supposed to be. They were greeted with darkness and booming sounds that were purposely installed to surprise them. The pair surprisingly went through the house quite peacefully except some jump scares now and then. When they went out, a staff was ready to greet them and handed them treats for “being brave.”

The pair then decided that they were quite tired and were ready to head home. Yerim had asked to go to the restroom before heading home. When Jungkook was waiting, he began to think of giving up and just asking Yerim what her costume was. He then remembered the treats given to them and opened his palm to a couple of chocolates.

Hershey’s chocolate. Hershey’s kisses to be exact.

He was then hit by an epiphany and just about time, Yerim approached him. “I know what you are!” He exclaimed.

Yerim gave him a confused look. “You’re dressed as Hershey’s kisses!”

Yerim had opened, completely surprised that Jungkook had suddenly figured out what her costume was. Seeing the look of surprise on the girl’s face, Jungkook began to feel smug. “I’m right aren’t I?”

“Yeah, yeah, congrats on finally figuring it out.” She said drily. Jungkook didn’t take notice of her dry response and had pump his furry fist in the air.

“Now give me my present! My present!” He said eagerly.

“Geez, relax bunny boy.” She muttered, rummaging through a small bag she carried. “Here you go.”

His hand was eagerly waiting for the prize and he was so excited when Yerim had dropped something on his outstretched palm. He was so eager until he saw what she had gave him.

A bunch of Hershey’s kisses chocolate.

He gave her a look of disbelief and was about to protest before Yerim spoke first. “Hey, I did say I have a gift but I didn’t specify what it was.”

She then strolled ahead of him. “Come on, before it gets too late.”

He then followed her, feeling slightly dejected.

Yerim noticed Jungkook has been sulking during their walk home but had ignored him. She was enjoying the walk home, seeing all the decorations hung on the street. Suddenly a gust of wind blew and made her shiver. Should have brought a jacket, she thought.

She was about try and warm herself up before something fluffy draped their arm around her shoulder. She looked up at Jungkook who was no longer sulking but had a concerned look on his face. “Are you okay? Is it too cold?”

She shook her head. “Not anymore, thanks to you.” She then snuggled more into his warmth.

“See, I told you that you’re costume wasn’t so bad. It makes you warmer.” Yerim said and Jungkook rolled his eye. “At least you weren’t dressed up as a cabbage like that guy at the fair.” At that, Jungkook chuckled.

They continued their journey in silence after that before Jungkook stopped them. “Hey Yerim, i know you already gave me the prize,” he started, “but can I ask for something else?”

Yerim was confused at his question. “What would that be?”

“Instead of Hershey’s kisses,” he said, “how about you give me Yerim’s kisses?”