Angels?

Angels & Misconceptions

"Angels? You're asking me about angels?" Jinki asked with a of his head. The topic was far more interesting to him than what his face let on.

"Well, I said that there are angels guarding us and we just can't see them, but this idiot here," Kibum pointed at Minho with narrowed eyes, "says that angels don't exist."

"Wow, wow, wow hold up. I said that if angels are real, they don't mingle with humans," Minho said to defend himself. Kibum rolled his eyes and muttered a not so discreet "whatever".

"And when we went to Jonghyun hyung, he said that we all have a personal guardian angel that looks after us. Someone we cared about before their death or someone who just wants to take care of us."

Jinki cast an amused glance at the said person, who was busy inspecting the suddenly interesting wall. "He did?"

"Yeah, but that's all he said. Technically that means I'm right, but Minho insists on asking you too."

"And Taemin?" Jinki inquired. "What did he say to this dilemma?"

"Huh?" the bickering duo exclaimed at the same time.

"Taemin, I forgot about Taemin," Kibum muttered with pink dusted cheeks. "But he's so small, he couldn't possibly..."

"Three votes will settle it for good, then. After that one of us is bound to win."

Kibum straightened his back immediately. "I'll show you who's right," he announced before rushing to the other end of the dorm, screaming the name of the youngest one. Minho wasted no time following him.

After the two squabbling friends had left the room, Jonghyun could feel the older's gaze on him. He fought back the urge to look at him as he felt his cheeks flush and embarrassment filling his chest. 

"So... Personal guardian angels, huh?" Jinki asked, and Jonghyun could hear the smile on his voice. He slumped down on the chair, cheeks bright red.

"Well that was how I viewed angels before... You know... You came along."

Jinki just chuckled. "I'm sorry to disappoint you then," he said with a wide, teasing smile. Jonghyun's eyes widened as he quickly shook his head in denial.

"No, you-"

"Jinki hyung!" came Taemin's loud yell as he ran out of his room, panic visible on his pretty face. Jinki turned to look at the panic stricken boy, knowing what to expect. "Minho hyung and Kibum hyung are asking me about angels! What do I do? What will I say? Have you said anything to them?"

Jinki smiled at him fondly. "They're just having a fight about who's right again and they just want to know what you think. You're free to say anything."

"Oh." The youngest member of SHINee stood frozen in the middle of the living room as his mind raced to find the words to say. 

Kibum was tapping the floor with his feet and Minho leaned against the door frame with crossed arms, eyes never leaving the wondering maknae.

All of a sudden Taemin hit his fist in the air. "Got it! Angels are creatures that watch the world's happenings unravel like a TV show from above," he proudly announced and Kibum facepalmed himself. Of course. Taemin was too innocent for this. Of course he'd take the idiot's side.

His only hope now was Jinki, who they all turned to stare simultaneously. Jinki just silently looked back at them with a smile, torturing the two that needed the results now. Both were determined to win and nothing could stop them. Except Jinki's answer of course.

"Well," Jinki began as he closed the magazine he hadn't even read since the disturbance a while ago. "What if I say that both of you are right?" The two whined in front of him. Jinki sighed. "There are angels, but they act more like silent guides for the humans rather than relentlessly guarding them. So they kind of don't mingle with humans but only push them in the right direction. That being said, I think I could do with a cup of coffee. Taemin, Jonghyun, want to join me?"

The two mentioned persons scrambled to their feet and were ready to go in a matter of seconds. 

"Bye," Taemin bad while sticking his tongue out.

Minho and Kibum were speechless, unable to react to anything after their little fight was left unsolved. The two just blankly stared after the retreating figures, puzzled.

"Why does it feel like the other two know something we don't?" Kibum asked his just as confused friend.

"I don't like this feeling," Minho muttered back. What could they have missed?