Chapter 7 - First Cute Quarrel

Prescription For Love

Yoona entered the italian restaurant that Yonghwa booked for them. The staff was guiding her to one of VIP dining room. And as soon as she entered that spacious room, she saw Yonghwa already there, waiting for them.

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo, Doctor Im.” He stood up and greeted Yoona warmly. “Are you alone?”

“Yes. Jonghyun is still in OR when I was heading here. But I just received his text that it’s already done and he’s on the way here.” Yoona explained.

“Aish, that kid. How could he let you drive alone. He should tell you to wait for him. Poor my little brother...” Yonghwa grimaced. “Have a seat, Doctor Im. I suggest you to order first while waiting for Jonghyun. I already did.”

Yoona nodded and told the staff her order. After the staff went out, she stared at Yonghwa. “Thank you very much for inviting me, Yonghwa-ssi.”

Yonghwa grinned. “You’ll receive more invitiations later, Doctor Im.”

Yoona tilted her head. “May I ask why?”

“I’d like to have a dinner or lunch together with Jonghyun and his friends.” Yonghwa said. “Especially his close friend.”

“Am I his close friend?”

“From my point of view, Yes.” Yonghwa smiled. “Aren’t both of you already that close? I mean, you know about him more than anyone in the hospital, am I right?”

Yoona thought for a while. “Talking about him, actually I have a question, Yonghwa-ssi. Can I ask you something?” Yoona suddenly remembered.

“Sure. Go ahead.”

“I know it’s so impolite to ask you about your family’s privacy, you don’t even have to answer me if you feel inconvenient. I’m just very curious. Well... Jonghyun said that he has a twin. I mean, twin usually are so close with each other. But the way he spoke... it sounds like he has no other close brother except you, Yonghwa-ssi. Then how about his twin? Aren’t they not that close?”

Yonghwa’s smile is disappearing from his face, but he put it back in a second. “He already told you that he has a twin?”

“Uhm… yes. Is it something that the outlier should not know about? Then I apologize Yonghwa-ssi, I should not ask—“

“No, gwaenchana, Doctor Im. Jonghyun himself already told you.” Yonghwa shook his head. “Anything else he told you?”

“No.” Yoona shook her head. “Actually I asked him if he has siblings or not because he lives alone, and he said that he has a twin brother.”

“Aaah… I see.” Yonghwa nodded. “Well, what I can say is, Jonghyun is really close to his twin brother. Just like the other twin. They hated to be separated from each other. He protected his twin brother so much. He always be a good hyung to his twin.”

“Oh is he the first to born?”

“Yes, he is.” Yonghwa nodded again. “All of the time he’s too busy to act as a hyung towards his twin. But he never felt how to be a younger one. That’s why I treated him like that.”

“If they never separated, then where is his twin right now, Yonghwa-ssi? Why I never see him? I mean, of course I’m not that close with Jonghyun but…” she added in a hurry.

“It’s okay, Doctor Im.” Yonghwa smiled. “He’s not in Seoul. That’s why you never saw him.”

“Does he really look like Jonghyun? I mean, it’s so hard to imagine that there are another person like him.”

Yonghwa chuckled. “Yes, they are, in look. But not for their personality.”

“Oh, so the other one is more lively?”

“Oh, it’s funny to hear. More lively.” Yonghwa clapped his hands while laughing. “Why? Is Jonghyun really like a walking statue?”

Yoona nodded. “The first time I saw him has  significant expression when he’s with you, Yonghwa-ssi. People in hospital say that Jonghyun only has three expression. A poker face as usual, a serious one when he’s on his duty, and polite expression.”

“What is ‘polite expression’ mean?”

“When he smiled or chuckled over our conversation but it doesn’t up until his eyes. Seems like he did it for the sake of showing his respect towards us.” Yoona answered. “People kept saying that he’s so mysterious.”

“Yes he is.” Yonghwa nodded in agreement. “And here he comes.” He smiled as his eyes were gazing to the entrance.

Yoona turned around and found Jonghyun approached them. He looks a bit tired but still handsome. Omo? What I was thinking just now? Why I kept complimenting him? I admit that he’s handsome but why I should praise him everytime?

“Hey, Yoona. Sorry for making you leave alone first.” Jonghyun apologize as he sat beside her.

“Gwaenchana. Is the operation succeed?”

Jonghyun nodded. “Fortunately.”

“Yya!” Yonghwa suddenly interrupted them. “Do you notice that I am here?”

“Yes, why?”

“Then why you acted like it’s only two of you here?”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “Because you surely will open your loud mouth sooner or later, hyung. Have you ordered the usual menu for me?”

Yonghwa nodded. “Already.” He then turned his gaze to Yoona and Jonghyun. “What a lovely view…”

“What?”

“Nothing.” Yonghwa grinned and started to eat as their food already served.

They continued to talk, most of them is Yonghwa who asked Yoona so many kind of questions, and sometimes Jonghyun defended her if Yonghwa asked too much. Somehow, Yoona enjoyed to see the interaction between Yonghwa and Jonghyun. And surprisingly, she didn’t feel uneasy at all since Jung Yong Hwa is a very kind person although he’s really so choding.

“I hope we can have a dinner again, Doctor Im.” Yonghwa said as they’ve already done with the dinner and went out from the restaurant, waiting for the staff to get their cars. “Of course with him.” He added while grinning towards Jonghyun. “And by the way, Doctor Im, if you allow me, let my staff to send your car to your home.”

“Eh? Museun—“

“Jonghyun will drive you home. Beside, it’s already late, it’s not safe for you to drive alone. Right, Jongie?”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes towards his hyung, knowing his attention. “Pardon for his childish act, Yoona. Let me drive you home, do you mind?”

“Honestly, not at all, Jonghyun. But you really don’t have to bother yourself, jinjja. I can guarantee that it’s safe for me to go home alone.” Yoona feels bad since it will make Jonghyun has to drive longer because he has to drive her home first.

“I’m begging you to let him drive you home, Doctor Im.” Yonghwa put a pleaded expression, which successfully made Yoona feel bad if she rejected his request. And his expression got brighter in a second when Yoona finally nodded. “Nice. I’ll tell my assistant to send your car before next morning.” He showed a satisfied smile. “Annyeong, kids. It’s nice to have a dinner with you two. See you very soon.” He waved and entered the car which already waited for him.

“I wish it’s not that soon…” Jonghyun said with annoyed tone on his voice as Yonghwa already left by his car. “I apologize, Yoona. Hyung makes your life became more difficult, doesn’t he?”

“Not at all, Jonghyun.” Yoona gave him a reassuring smile and got into Jonghyun’s car. “Actually your hyung is a very nice person.”

“Yeah, if only he’s not that loud.” Jonghyun grimaced and started the car’s engine. “Are you going to your parent’s house or your own?”

“Mine. It’s in Jamsil.” Yoona said and helped Jonghyun  to set the navigation for her apartment. “Oh, I just remember, Jonghyun. A few days ago, my Mom sent me a text message, saying that she’s so thankful for the tea that you gave her.”

“Eiy, it’s nothing at all.” Jonghyun shook his head. “I’d be very happy if it’s like that.”

“You don’t have any idea how much they like your gifts.”

“And speaking about your parents, Yoona. I’ve just done a surgery with Director. The one that I’ve done right before I went here. And you know...” he paused as his expression started to look amusing. “After the surgery, we talked about the wine that I bought for him. And it successfully make the team were a bit surprised.”

“Waeyo?” Yoona curiously asked.

“Because we mentioned about the dinner without realizing that people around us were putting their ears on us.” Jonghyun chuckled a bit. “We really talked about it nonchalantly. And suddenly Doctor Yoo butted in, and if I can add, he looks a bit shocked.” He stared at Yoona when the traffic light is red. “Guess Doctor Yoo must be in the list whom ever made a move towards you, isnt he?”

And why he has to stare like that?? Doesn’t he know how profound his eyes are?? Yoona thought in her mind as she cleared . “Hmm... I think so. Waeyo?”

“As expected.” Jonghyun nodded. “His expression is priceless when he knew the fact that I was having a dinner with you and your family.”

Yoona rolled her eyes. “I don’t really like him, honestly. He loves to show off for nothing. Maybe he wanted to show what he already got and achieved but it’s just too much.” She grimaced. “And he always boasted that he will be recruited into WSMT. Heol...” WSMT (World Surgeon Medical Team) is an elite team of the best surgeons from the entire world. As it said that WSMT is a very elite team, it’s so difficult to become the member of WSMT. Although the surgeons are smart and genius, it’s not enough. They have so many criterias which have to be fulfilled with a surgeon to pass and became their member. People say that you have to be superb to become one. Very superb. Yoona’s dad is also a member of WSMT, but he’s not in the Surgery sub team anymore. He’s an supervisor right now.

“He’s still 28 years old. There are still a plenty of chance that he can be accepted into WSMT...” Jonghyun commented.

Yoona stared at Jonghyun, who’s still driving leisurely. She squinted her eyes at him as her brain is working on something. “Wait a minute, are you one of them?”

“Them?”

“Are you a member of WSMT, Doctor Lee?” Yoona repeated her question firmly while staring with suspicious eyes at Jonghyun.

“Why the topic suddenly went towards me?”

“And you will answer me.” Yoona folded her hands while kept staring at him. She even already ignored how impolite the way she acted towards him. After all, Jonghyun’s grade is higher than her. “Are you a member of WSMT?”

“Ohh... seems like this is the first time I saw you’re like this.” Jonghyun glanced at Yoona and grinned, his face looks amazed.

“Lee Jonghyun?”

“Yes, I am.” Jonghyun finally admitted it as his eyes kept staring at Yoona in disbelief. “I never saw this side of you before. Suddenly it feels like I was getting scolded by teacher.” He chuckled, but Yoona totally ignored his last sentence.

“Jinjja??? Heol, daebak... since when?”

“It’s almost two years ago...” Jonghyun answered and continue to drive again.

“What makes you—I mean, I know you’re so genius, but a 24 years old surgeon is still very early to be recruited, isn’t it?”

Jonghyun nodded in agreement. “During my first year as a resident, I performed a 18 hours surgery for conjoined twins. It went well although the probability of succeed is only less than 5%. That’s when WSMT started to recognize me and a few days later, they called me and gave me some verbal, interview and practice tests before I’ve finally passed those all and became a member of them.”

“Wait... you performed a surgery for conjoined twins??” Yoona looks more surprised. “How old are they?”

“13 months old.”

“Then it means...” Yoona stared at him, totally shocked.  “Actually, you are also a pediatric surgeon??”

“I took some fellowships before. And pediatric neurosurgeon is one of them.”

Yoona stared at Jonghyun with disbelief and amazed expression at the same time. “Tell me, Jonghyun. Do you eat book as soon as you were born until today? Why you have to be so genius??”

“Hey, I’m not that good...” Jonghyun grimaced. “I just want to do my best to help people…” he smiled.

Yoona stared at him, wordlessly. Somehow she noticed that Jonghyun’s smile—as usual didn’t reach his eyes—but this time, it looks a bit bitter. I wonder why, I mean… there’s nothing wrong in his words, isn’t it? But she decided not to ask further. “By the way, Jonghyun. You know it makes your life difficult by driving me home to Jamsil while yours in Cheongdamdong.”

“No, not at all.” Jonghyun shook his head. “Beside, I won’t go home straightly, Yoona. I still have to go back to hospital.”

“Aah…” Yoona nodded as she understood. “When was the last time you slept in your house, Jonghyun?”

“Uhm… perhaps three days ago.” Jonghyun answered. “Well, I have some pending tasks before I left tomorrow morning.”

“Left?? Where??”

“There is a WSMT Conference in Japan the day after tomorrow, Yoona. I have to attend that.”

“For how long?”

“Four days for me, a week for Director Im since there will be a supervisor forum at the fifth until seventh day.” Jonghyun glanced at her. “Why? You’re going to miss me?” he asked while holding his smile.

“Aren’t you the one who will miss me?” Yoona stucked out her tongue at him. Although she knew that Jonghyun just cracked a joke but somehow it can make her heart beat so fast.

“You’ll be okay for a week, won’t you?” Jonghyun glanced at her again, this time is with worry expression.

“Yya! You sound like a doctor who’s talking to his patient.” Yoona laughed. “Didn’t I look perfectly fine??”

“You are.” Jonghyun nodded in agreement. “I just want to make sure, Yoona.”

“And you really don’t have to worry. I’m fine.” Yoona gave him a reassuring smile. “Oh, we’ve arrived.” She just realized that Jonghyun already stopped his car in front of the main entrance of her apartment. “So you’re heading back to hospital?”

Jonghyun nodded as he helped Yoona to took off the seat belt and watched when Yoona opened the car’s door and went out.

“Goodnight, Jonghyun. Thank you so much.” Yoona said as she already stood beside the car while Jonghyun pulled down the car’s window.

“Sleep well, Yoona.” Jonghyun waved his hands but before he drive the car again, he stared at Yoona meaningfully. “To answer your question before, I think I’ll really miss you later. Make sure to stay healthy, Yoona.” He flashed his breathtaking smile once again and left Yoona, who still looks surprised with his words.

Oh sh*t! My heart is going to burst out! What was that???

 

 

 

“Hyung, do me a favor, please.” Jonghyun said to Jonghoon over the phone as soon as he already left Yoona’s apartment.

“I’ll keep my eye on your girlfriend for the next four days, arasseo.” Jonghoon’s voice sounds amusing.

“Hyung, she’s not—“

“Your girlfriend, ara.” Jonghoon cutted him. “But the way you acted just like her boyfriend. Didn’t you consider to become one?” He chuckled.

Jonghyun sighed. Who told you to make people flustered because of your words, Jonghyun? Now you feel the same!

 

* * *

 

Lee Jong Hyun

Good morning.

 

Yoona, who was checking the patient’s file looks a bit surprised when she saw who’s message that just popped on her phone screen. She furrowed her eyebrows. He promised to call me when he arrived in Japan, and today is already his last day… and this is the first message from him.

 

Im Yoon Ah

Finally, ‘Good morning' on your last day in Japan? Heol...

 

Yoona stared at the screen. It already got read by Jonghyun but the reply isn’t there yet. Is he busy again? But the thought just for a few seconds because her screen suddenly brightened again, but this time it’s a call from him. Yoona couldnt help but smile widely as she hit the answer button on the screen.

“Sorry, Yoona. I’ve been preparing my presentation for these three days. That’s why I rare to touch my phone.” That was Jonghyun’s first words as soon as Yoona picked up his call.

“Oh,” Yoona raised her eyebrows. “I think you’ll only a participant?”

“Yes, at first. But then they asked me if I can become one of the Conference speaker.” From his voice, Yoona even can guessed that he’s grimacing right now. “I’m sorry, Yoona.”

“It’s okay.” Yoona said sincerely. “How’s your presentation?”

“Well accepted.” Jonghyun answered. “Director Im helped me a lot.”

“Dad must be—ouch!” Yoona wanted to give a reply when suddenly she feels something wrong with her stomach. She grimaced as she feels the pain. Aish, why it hurts again…  she started to sweat. Last night I already got the medicine.

“Hey, are you okay?” Jonghyun’s voice sounded so worry when he heard her. “Yoona?” he called her once again when there’s no reply.

Yoona hardly to let out a sound. “Yes, I’m okay, Jonghyun.” She panted, holding her pain. “Just a regular stomachache.”

“Regular? Have you experienced it before?”

“Last night… and a few days ago. It’ll be better after I take medicine.” Yoona answered while holding her stomach with her free hand. Ough, it hurts like hell.

“Where are you?”

“My offi—“

“Stay there. I’ll call the emergency doctor for you.” And without waiting for Yoona’s response, Jonghyun ended the call.

 

 

 

“How is she?” Jonghyun asked, thirty minutes after he called the emergency doctor to come to Yoona’s office.

“She’s having appendicitis, Jonghyun.” Jonghoon answered. As soon as he heard that Jonghyun just called the emergency to come to Yoona’s office, he and Yuri went there in a hurry. He’s even the one who examine her after the emergency doctor.

“How bad?”

“It has to be operated soon. The stomachache became worst since two weeks ago.” Jonghoon answered.

“Then why the doctors didn’t perform any surgeries yet?”

Jonghoon couldn’t help but smiled as he heard Jonghyun’s question, which make Yuri who was beside him and Yoona who were lying on the bed, looked at him curiously. “Because, Jonghyun, you’re talking about the only one daughter of Hanhwa’s Director. Are you dare enough to do it without Director Im? Although it’s a minor operation but still… I know you know what I mean.”

“But they’ve got the permission, right?”

“Of course.”

“I’ll hang up first, hyung. I need to talk with Director Im.”

“Arasseo.” Jonghoon ended the phone and stared at the two pair of eyes who were staring back at him curiously. “He really acted like your boyfriend, Yoona.”

“What did he say?” Yoona asked curiously.

“He wanted to talk with Director. I don’t know about what.” Jonghoon answered. He wanted to talk again but the door suddenly opened by Yoona’s mother, seems like she just called her husband.

“Your Appa said that it’s up to us. He said that we should trust the doctors. Of course we are. But without your father here right now, all the doctors suddenly don’t have any confidence to perform an operation. Oh sorry, dear, I don’t mean both of you.” She added while looking to Jonghoon and Yuri. “I don’t understand how could the doctors didn’t perform the surgery when the patients already agreed.” She shook her head. “But I understand the feeling that they have. It’s a bit frustrating.”

“Gwaenchana, Imo.” Yuri nodded while smiling. “Maybe Director should order them again until they have a courage. After all, it’s doctor’s job to save patient.”

Im Young Ah nodded in agreement, but suddenly her phone is ringing again. “Oh, it’s your Dad. Hopefully there will be a good news.” She said before answered the phone.

 

 

 

Jonghyun ended his call with Jonghoon in a hurry and walked—almost run—to find Director Im. Fortunately that was a breakfast time before the conference started. He found Director Im was on the other side, talking on the phone. He must already knew about his daughter’s condition. Jonghyun thought and  approached him in a hurry.

“I’m sorry, Director Im.” He greeted politely as Director Im finished his call.

“Oh, Jonghyun-ah. Yes?”

“I already heard about Yoona. And I know the current situation there.”

“Oh you already heard…” Director Im muttered, looks worried. “Yes, I think I should ordered them once again, firmly. How come they have a second thought to perform a surgery because they afraid they might make a mistake on her.” He sighed. “Just because she is my daughter doesn’t mean they treated her more special than other patients.”

“Director, do you trust the surgeon in our hospital to lead the operation on her?” Jonghyun asked.

“If only I don’t have a big responsibility here right now, Jonghyun, I’ll be the one who lead the surgery. But this is something that I can’t leave just like that. And since it’s a minor operation, I can trusted her to all the doctors in Hanhwa, Jonghyun.”

“Director Im, Let me do the surgery.” He said firmly, which make Director Im looks a bit surprised. “Please trust your daughter on me, Director Im. I’ll lead the operation. I can leave right now since I have done already with my presentation yesterday. Of course they’ll allow me. I just need your permission, Director.”

Director Im thought for a while. Honestly, he was a bit surprised—in a good way. He knew, since the first time he met Jonghyun, he knew that he’s different than the other. He knew that Jonghyun will become a very great doctor, in a short time. He admit how genius he is when they performed some operations together. And seeing Yoona and him are a good friend, he really like it. He stared at Jonghyun, who looks so firm and full of confidence, but also worry and concerned at the same time. And it makes him couldn’t ask for more. He knew he can trust Jonghyun so much. And he finally nodded. “Go then, Jonghyun. I trusted Yoona’s surgery on you.” He patted Jonghyun’s shoulder with proud eyes. “I’ll tell the committee that you have to leave due to my daughter’s urge condition. They won’t protest since I’m still here.”

Jonghyun bowed in a hurry, politely, “thank you very much, Director Im. You can count on me.” He bowed once again before he rushed towards the elevator to get his luggage in his room. As he waited for the elevator, he took out his phone and dialed a number. “I need to go back to Seoul right now. Can you prepare it in thirty minutes?”

 

 

 

“What did Appa say, omma?” Yoona asked as soon as her Mom ended the second call with her Dad.

“Your operation will start in two hours.”

“Who’s going to lead the operation, Mrs. Im?” Jonghoon asked curiously.

“And Jonghoon, how many times I should’ve told you, don’t call me formally like that, my daughter’s friend is my kids too.” Yoona’s mom gave him a warning look before she answered. “It’s Jonghyun. Your Appa said that he will lead the surgery.”

“JONGHYUN???” the three asked in unison. “But isn’t he in Japan right now??” Yoona furrowed her eyebrows.

“He’s already on his way to Seoul right now. He asked the permission from your Appa to lead the operation since he could leave first because his presentation’s turn already done since yesterday.” Im Young Ah explained. “He went straightly to your father, even without saying any other thing, he offered himself. Aigoo… what a very amazing boy…”

“Wow…” Jonghoon looks amazed. “Daebak…”

“Imo...” Yuri suddenly spoke out with meaningful smile. “Doctor Lee is a very ideal son in law, isn’t he?”

“Yes.” Im Young Ah answered enthusiastically. “Yongie, why don’t you consider to be in relationship with him? As far as Omma remember, he’s still single, isnt he?”

“Omma!” Yoona grimaced. “Museun seoriya, as if he likes me.”

“Then it means you already like him?” Jonghoon hits the point. “Finally, the Goddess Im Yoon Ah laid her eyes to a doctor in Hanhwa, which the history never told it before.”

“Shut up, Jonghoon.” Yoona rolled her eyes, while Jonghoon and Yuri chuckled.

“By the way, Yoongie...” Yuri suddenly whispered when Im Young Ah went to the toilet. “Are you ready enough?”

“Huh?”

“He’s the one who will lead the operation... it means he will see your half body... and... he even will touch y—“

“Yya!” Jonghoon patted Yuri’s head playfully. “Do you think he won’t use a cover?”

“Aish, don’t ruin the mood, Jonghoon.” Yuri hissed.

“Keep hitting her head, Jonghoon. She’s talking nonsense.” Yoona rolled her eyes as she stucked out her tongue to Yuri.

 


* * *

 

Yoona was talking to the nurse when Jonghyun suddenly entered the room. He looks a bit tired but his expression is so firm and concerned.

“Good afternoon, Mrs Im.” Jonghyun greeted politely to Yoona’s mother. “Doctor Kwon. Hyung.” He nodded to Yuri and Jonghoon.

“Oh, Jonghyun-ah.” Im Young Ah approached him. “Thank you very much. I’m so happy when I heard from my husband that you’re willing to lead the surgery. And I’m sorry because of Yoona you have to absent from the conference.”

“It’s okay, Mrs. Im. Please don’t apologize.” Jonghyun nodded politely and smiled. “Can you excuse me to examine her?”

“Sure.” Im Young Ah and Yuri went aside to give Jonghyun a space beside Yoona’s bed.

“Hyung, you’re her Internist in charge?” Jonghyun asked towards Jonghoon as he took out his stethoscope from his pocket.

“Yap,” Jonghoon showed his ipad screen to Jonghyun which was commonly used as a patient’s panel in Hanhwa. He explained about Yoona’s condition while Jonghyun started to examine her abdomen.

“How many times she felt the ache after the medicine this morning?”

“It comes once in ten minutes.” Jonghoon answered while glancing at Yoona. Somehow he feels amused seeing Yoona’s sulky expression and he knew the reason. Right since Jonghyun arrived, he never looked at Yoona—her eyes directly. He avoided her eyes intentionally. He even didn’t talk to her directly. He talked to everyone except Yoona.

Jonghyun examined her carefully as his eyes locked on the ipad screen. After a few minutes, he put down his stetoscophe and pressed the green button—not the red one—beside Yoona’s bed. “Nurse Yoo, prepare the OR for me in thirty minutes.” He talked trough the intercom.

“Which doctors should I call for you, Doctor Lee?”

“Doctor Lee Jungshin and Doctor Yoo Ae Ra from my department. I need them to assist me on the operation. Doctor Choi Jonghoon as the internist in charge, but he’s already with me. If the other seniors wanted to join, then tell them to wait. They’re not allowed to enter the OR or even interrupting the surgery. They can watched from the observe room. That’s what Director Im ordered me to do, say that if they protested.”

“How about the nurse, Doctor Lee?”

“Two.”

“We got it. The room will be ready in fifteen minutes, Doctor Lee. Thank you.”

“Thank you Nurse Yoo.” Jonghyun ended the intercom and turned to Yoona’s mother. “Mrs. Im, you can wait inside the OR, but if I can suggest—“

“I will be in Observe Room, Jonghyun-ah.” Im Young Ah nodded and gave him a reassuring smile. “I believe in you.”

“Thank you very much for your consideration, Mrs. Im. I promise the surgery will be success.” Jonghyun nodded politely. “Please excuse me for a while, I need to check a few things.” He excused himself and turned to Jonghoon, “I’ll see you in OR, hyung.”

“Sure.” Jonghoon nodded.

“Yya, are you just leaving like that?” Yoona finally let out a voice before Jonghyun walked to the door, made everyone stared at her with surprised expression, except Jonghyun, who finally stared at him but without any expression in his eyes. “You just came and talked to everyone. Why you don’t talk to me?? Did I do something wrong??” Yoona continued. I don’t care. He really makes me crazy. How could he did these all. He left his conference just because of my minor operation. In less than two hours he already here, straightly from the airport. He even didn’t care how tired he is but all he did just examine on me. I mean, I’m not going to die very soon, right? Why he acted so firm and concerned like that? Although he’s not showing any anger but somehow he looks a bit scary. Maybe that’s what Doctor Lee Jungshin ever said that their chief is a very nice chief although he may can kill people just because of his profound eyes and cold expression. “Aren’t you going to say anything, Lee Jonghyun?” she demanded.

Jonghyun let out a sigh. “I’m not supposed to angry towards the patient, Im Yoona.” He said without any expression but somehow his eyes looks more profound. “Although I really want to. I do have a feeling that you may have an appendicitis since two weeks ago I saw you’re having a stomachache and you said it’s just regular abdominal pain. That’s why I reminded you to tell me if you’re not feeling okay. You’re even a doctor, Im Yoona. How could you act so recklessly like that?” he then turned to Yoona’s mother. “I’m sorry, Mrs. Im. I don’t mean to speak like that in front of you.”

“No, Jonghyun. Gwaenchana.” Im Young Ah shook her head with a smile on her face. “It’s fine. She deserves it. She’s so stubborn. Someone should really scolded her.”

“Omma…” Yoona grimaced at her mom who choose to be on Jonghyun’s side.

“Done, Im Yoona?” Jonghyun turned to Yoona once again with his profound eyes. “Excuse me I have to prepare your operation. I’ll see you in OR.” He said and went out from the room. Leaving the others who were giggling over Yoona’s sulky expression.

“Aigoo… daebak.” Yuri clapped her hands while laughing. “Im Yoona just got scolded. No other doctors even dare to scold the Director’s daughter, and even right in front of you, Imo.”

“Aah, poor Yongie.” Im Young Ah said with amused expression. “Jonghyun is really jjang!”

“Hey, change your expression.” Jonghoon snapped his finger in front of Yoona’s eyes while holding his laughter. “Don’t make Jonghyun canceled the surgery just because he saw your sulky expression.”

“Ugh, shut up, Jonghoon.”

 

 

 


Hi :) thank you so much for your support ^^

also thank you or still reading this story and patiently waiting for the new chapter :)

see you very soon in next chapt.