Chapter 6 - Brothership

Prescription For Love

Jonghyun entered the password of his unit and opened the door. As he stepped in, he noticed a pair of Louis Vuitton black shoes is there. He entered his house and found a guy—as he expected—was lying on the couch while playing game on his phone. That guy even didn’t make any moves when he saw Jonghyun is coming.

“Do you bring something delicious? I’m starving to death right now.” That guy commented as Jonghyun sat on the other couch.

“Do you know something called Delivery, hyung?” Jonghyun snorted. “Oh, you can even called your staff to bring anything for you in a second.”

“Hey, I’m a very kind boss. I didn’t order them for something nonsense like that.” That guy grinned and got up to sit. “Where are you from?”

“Filling my empty stomach.”

“Where?”

“Are you a detective or a CEO?” Jonghyun squinted at him, getting annoyed.

“I’m a flexible person.” That guy grinned. “At that woman’s house?”

Jonghyun ran his hand through his hair and sighed. “I know you’ll come just because of this morning incident.”

“Of course!” that guy named Yonghwa grinned widely. “So, tell me, you finally getting laid?”

“Oh, poor the CEO and his language…” Jonghyun gave him a disgusting look. “I’m not.”

“No??? Aish… so disappointing. The 26-year-old-Jonghyun-soon-to-be-a-pasto—“

“Yya!” Jonghyun threw his blazer towards him. “Clear your brain first then talk. Do you come here just to hear something like that??”

Yonghwa chuckled as he tossed the blazer away from him. “So, who is this lucky girl?”

Jonghyun sighed and took a bottle of water that Yonghwa brought to the table. “She’s just my colleague, hyung. I asked her for a drink last night. And I couldn’t drive her home, so she slept here. Not intentionally. I got scolded in the morning by her.”

“Sounds like a conservative woman. Nice catch, Jonghyun.” Yonghwa grinned. “Name?”

“Why?? You want to stalk her?”

“I just want to see her face. Give me name.” Yonghwa impatiently asked as he’s ready with his phone, searching the name as soon as Jonghyun told him. “She said her name when I called you this morning but then I forgot it because of excitement. So, name.”

“Im Yoona. Pediatrician in Hanhwa.”

“It’s Im Yoon Ah, stupid.” Yonghwa commented in the next few seconds while staring at his phone screen. He must be already found her.

“What is the difference?”

Yonghwa raised his head and tutted his tongue at Jonghyun. “And yet you boasted how fluent your Korean language is…” he mocked his dongsaeng. “Wow. I should consider to visit Hanhwa frequently, there is a hidden beautiful angel inside it.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “Then, give a birth first. How could a grandfather like you came to pediatrician??”

“Oh oh…” Yonghwa smirked and put down his phone. “I smell jealousy.”

“Let me do a surgery to your nose then. I think your nose started to become dysfunction.” Jonghyun replied in sarcastic tone.

“Aish this boring kid.” Yonghwa rolled his eyes. “By the way, actually I had something to ask you when I called this morning.”

“If it’s about Yoona again then st—“

“Are Daniel and Tiffany here?” Yonghwa cut Jonghyun’s words and stared at him with serious expression.

Jonghyun looks taken aback with his question. He let out a heavy sigh before he answered. “How do you know?”

“I have my eyes anywhere, Jonghyun. So, what does this woman want from you?”

“Marry her.”

“What??”

“You heard me, hyung.” Jonghyun muttered.

“Then your answer?”

Jonghyun looked at Yonghwa with disbelief expression. “Pardon me, Jung Yong Hwa?”

Yonghwa raised both his hands, defended himself. “Sorry, I think you’ve changed your mind, or maybe getting hypnotized by them and you said yes.”

“It sounds like hell is way much better rather than living with her.”

“Is it wrong?”

“It sounds so right, actually.” Jonghyun agreed. “I already told them not to come to me anymore, but I kinda have a feeling they’ll come again.” He sighed. “Can you use your power, hyung? Make them deported from Korea.”

“Yya! Do you think I’m the president here? And speaking of power, yours are even way bigger, stupid dongsaeng!”

“Hell ing power…” Jonghyun hissed.

Yonghwa grinned as he heard Jonghyun’s words. “Do you worry?”

“You know I came here to have a peaceful life…” Jonghyun muttered. “Why they kept showing everywhere?”

“Relax, I’ll help you to get rid of them.” Yonghwa patted his dongsaeng’s shoulder. “By the way, I’ve visited samchon and imo this morning. I noticed samchon is a bit sick. Don’t you think he should go to hosp—“

“I’m going to take bath, hyung.” Jonghyun suddenly stood up and left Yonghwa, totally ignoring what Yonghwa is trying to say.

Yonghwa watched Jonghyun’s back as he let out a heavy sigh. Not working. “I’m going to sleep here, Jong!”

“Suit yourself.” Jonghyun said before he entered his bedroom.

 

* * *

 

Yoona went out from her office as she has done with her evening visite. She glanced at the clock which still showing 7 pm. As she was heading towards her office, he noticed someone was standing in front of her room, talking with the nurse-in-charge. That guy was fully dressed in suit, even just one second, you will know this guy is rich, just by looking at the way he dressed. And quite handsome. He must be not the patients since I didn’t see any kids. She choose to walk again and heading to her room, but suddenly that guy spoke out as he noticed Yoona.

“Oh! Doctor Im, right?”

Yoona was a bit surprised but maintain her calm expression. “Yes. Can I help you?”

“Finally!” That guy grinned widely. “You look exactly the same with your picture.”

“Excuse me?” Yoona was a bit confused. What is he talking about?

“Hyung!!” another voice suddenly echoing from the other side. And it’s the familiar one. It’s Jonghyun, who was coming at them in a hurry. Seems like he knew who is this strange guy. “Hey, Yoona, sorry. He is my patient.” He gave Yoona an apologetic look.

“Patient?” Yoona confusedly asked.

“Yes. I apologize. He has a mental disorder.”

“Yya!!” that guy snapped and kicked Jonghyun’s back knee. “How dare you saying that I’m having a mental disorder!”

“Because you’re making a fuss! What the hell are you doing here, hyung?” Jonghyun glared at that guy.

“I’m sick. I need to see the doctor. Why sick people like me is forbidden to be in hospital? How rude.”

“And your doctor is me! Why you ended here, unless you’re bringing your kid right now.” He then turned to Yoona. “I apologize Yoona. This hyung is a bit crazy.”

“But… is he really have a mental disorder? He looks very normal…” Yoona innocently said.

“I’m not, for God’s sake.” Yonghwa rolled his eyes. “Don’t ever believe what this little kid talked about me.” He smiled at Yoona.

“Little... kid?” Yoona looks a bit surprised as she feel confused. Why this guy called Jonghyun ‘little kid’? Who is he?

“Okay enough. Let’s go to my office.” Jonghyun snapped.

“Hey, chill out, my lovely dongsaeng.” That guy put his arm on Jonghyun’s shoulder leisurely, ignoring how annoyed Jonghyun’s expression right now. “Let me introduce myself to this beautiful lady. Hi, Doctor Im. Do you recognize me?”

Yoona frowned, became more confused. “Uhm… Doctor Lee’s patient?”

“Hah!” that guy acted like Yoona just stabbed him with a knife, which made Jonghyun rolled his eyes. And somehow it reminds Yoona how similar that guy is with Choi Jonghoon, both of them are like to be overacted. “We talked over the phone a few days ago, Yoona. It was when you sle—“

“Fine! Can we talk inside your office, Yoona?” Jonghyun cutted that guy’s words in a hurry while signaling to Yoona to cooperate since he noticed that the nurses and the others were staring curiously at them. As he saw Yoona nodded, he dragged that guy inside in a hurry, with Yoona followed after them.

“Oh seriously hyung, remind me to do a surgery to your mouth so it won’t blabber too much.” Jonghyun snorted as three of them already inside, while that guy just chuckling over Jonghyun’s words. Seems like he already get used into it.

“Then, introduce me properly, Jonghyun.” That guy demanded.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “Actually I was happy if I really can introduce you as my mental patient. It sounds wonderful.” He snorted and then turned to Yoona. “Yoona, meet my hyung. The one that talked on the phone a few days ago with you when you answered my phone. Jung Yong Hwa.”

Yoona’s jaw dropped as she finally knew who is that guy. Actually she never expected that the CEO of a very grand company has a cheerful yet so bright character like this. At first she used to think that Jung Yonghwa must have the similar character with Jonghyun. “Oh, I apologize, Yonghwa-ssi. I didn’t recognize you before.”

“Gwaenchana.” Yonghwa grinned. “Actually I was looking for you because I’m so curious to death to see you in person.”

“And may I know why?” Yoona smiled awkwardly while glancing at Jonghyun. Somehow she found it’s funny to see Jonghyun showed his emotional side like that. Usually he always put his poker face. This time he really looks like a dongsaeng which was annoyed because of his loud hyung. “You know Yonghwa-ssi, I didn’t intentionally sleep there…” she grimaced.

“I understand about that. Jonghyun already told me.” Yonghwa gave her a reassuring smile. “What makes me curious is… my dongsaeng here, is a very mysterious person. He doesn’t like to hang out with girls—which I couldn’t understand because it’s impossible for me—and suddenly I heard he asked you to have a dinner together, even drink together… oh and he even came to your parent’s house. How lovely it is, isn’t it? He already lives for 26 years and he never went too far like that.”

“Excuse me, Yoona. Do you have a bandage? I feel like want to shut his mouth right now.” Jonghyun glared at Yonghwa. “Forget about everything that he said. He always talk nonsen—“ his words were being cut by his pager is beeping frantically, signaling that there’s an emergency situation which needs him right now. He sighed and turned to Yoona. “Excuse me, I have to go. If you feel inconvenient with him, just left him right away, okay?”

Yoona found his words amusing, but still nodding her head.

“Hyung, I’ll see you after this. And don’t talk nonsense with her.” Jonghyun gave a warning look to Yonghwa before he rushed off to the patient.

“Sorry about my behavior, Doctor Im.” Yonghwa talked after Jonghyun left. “Usually, I am a very cheerful and bright person, but I can become ten thousand more than usual if I’m with him.” He chuckled.

“Don’t mind me, Yonghwa-ssi.” Yoona shook her head and sat on her chair, while Yonghwa sat on the patient’s chair. “But I’m still curious why the busy person like you came all the way here just because of me and Jonghyun? I mean, there’s nothing between us. Although I admit that he’s a nice colleague—well, if I can added, a bit strange too.”

“I don’t think it’s that simple between you two. Although nothing special happened until now, but somehow I can look there’s a difference in my dongsaeng, Yoona. Finally he can show more expressions and I think it started when he moved here, and—I can assume—maybe after meet you. Oh, don’t deny me, please. As I said before, it’s just my personal thought.” He smiled and then stood up while buttoning his blazer. “I really want to stay longer so I can ask you other things, but I have an event to attend. Well, will you accept if I asked you to dinner or lunch next time, Doctor Im?” he asked. “Don’t worry, of course you won’t be alone. Jonghyun will be there too.”

Yoona nodded politely. Beside she didn’t see any points to say no.

“Well then, excuse me, Doctor Im. I apologize for making a trouble.” Yonghwa smiled and bowed.

“Don’t mind it, Yonghwa-ssi. And it’s nice to meet you.”

“You too.” Yonghwa smiled and then left with a guy who already waited for him outside whom seems like his personal assistant.

“Sir... and may I ask why you ended up in Pediatrician room?” his PA asked when they walked to Jonghyun’s office.

Yonghwa grinned. “Of course I have to visit my soon to be sister-in-law. How do you think?”

 

 

 

Yonghwa arrived at LE Grand Hotel and went straightly to the elevator as he pressed the 25 button. His face looks totally different with usual. No smile on his face at all. He went out from the elevator as he arrived and stopped in front of room 2501. He raised his hand and knocked the door.

“Yes, who…” the door was opened and Tiffany’s voice suddenly stopped when she saw who’s standing there.

“Ms. Hwang.” Yonghwa nodded his head once. Still no expression. “Long time no see. Can I enter?”

“How… how do you know I’m here?” Tiffany stuttered, still couldn’t move from her spot, but Yonghwa just entered nonchalantly and straightly sat on the couch.

“I have to talk. Only a minute, Ms. Hwang.” He said, tilted his head to the other couch, signaling Tiffany to sit down. “And where’s Daniel?”

“He went to see his friends…” Tiffany still managed to answer although she avoided Yonghwa’s eyes.

“Ah too bad. Actually I hope that I can meet you two tonight…” Yonghwa showed a fake sad look. “Then let me tell you why I’m showing here. And please tell Daniel, too. Because if you don’t, I’ll come again until both of you understand.” He said with warning signal on his voice. “Stop disturbing Jonghyun’s life, will you?”

“Why? It’s not over between me and him yet.”

“Not over? How can you say not over when none actually ever started?” Yonghwa snorted. “Tell me, what’s your intention right now, Ms Hwang? Why you showed up around him right now? After all this time?”

“I just told him right now, because I need time too to recover my feeling…”

“Excuse me?” Yonghwa let out a fake cough. “Recover your feeling? Wow, that’s the funniest joke of the year.” He said in sarcastic tone. “Ah, I’m getting tired to have a conversation like this.” He sighed then suddenly stood up, ready to leave.

“Wait, are you done?”

“Just one more thing before I left this place. And I want you to listen carefully.” Yonghwa stared at her with his cold gaze. “I know what you’ve done, Miss Hwang. Every little thing. You should know that you are still here, standing leisurely, is because I didn’t make any moves yet. Be careful, Miss Hwang. You’re lucky I still let it happen like this because of Jonghyun.” He evilly smirked. “It’s always because of my precious cousin, Miss Hwang. So, cooperate with me, don’t ever bother Jonghyun’s life anymore. Or I reassure you that I’ll make Jonghyun let me do what I should’ve done since a few years ago for you. Very soon.”

“He loves me, Jung Yong Hwa. Although his pride is so high, but I know he still loves me.”

Yonghwa, who was about to open the door, stopped his move. “And who do you think you are? As if you’re the only one woman left in this world.” He snorted. “Wake up. There are so many woman outside who were much better than you. He knows it.” And with that, he slammed the door and left the room.

 

* * *

 

“So, are you dating with him?”

“Hey, you two. Don’t you have patients that waiting for you? Why both of you are here and disturbing my office?” Yoona sighed at Jonghoon and Yuri who just invaded into her office room with the same question.

“Sorry to disappoint you, Doctor Im. But I already visited my patients this morning and my shift for outpatient will start in an hour. So I still have plenty of time for being here.” Jonghoon proudly smiled.

“Same here.” Yuri joined him. “So, Explain!”

 “Explain what??”

“What’s the current state of relationship between you and him?” Yuri demanded.

“Colleague.” Yoona answered. “What do you expect me to say? He’s nothing more than a colleague.”

“As if I believe that.” Yuri snorted. “Then why you introduced him to your parents?”

Yoona sighed again. “It’s nothing. Just because we wanted to say thank you because he drove me until my parent’s home before. And he accepted the invitation since he felt bad if he rejected it twice.”

“Judging from your look, Director and Mrs. Im must be love him.” Jonghoon smirked. “Right?”

Yoona rolled her eyes. “Satisfied a lot. I even feel like don’t want to visit the main house for now. They surely will talk a lot about him.”

“Isn’t it something good? Hey, last time you always complained that your parents never satisfied with all of your past boyfriends.” Yuri giggled. “Of course no parents will complain when they meet someone like Jonghyun. He’s so son-in-law material.”

“Speaking about that material-damn-thing,” Yoona suddenly remembered something. “Oppa, do you know his family background?”

“Nugu? Jonghyun?” Jonghoon asked back which replied by a nod from Yoona. “I talked so many things with them, but I don’t think he ever mentioned about his family. Wae?”

“No, geunyang… I’m just a bit curious. I met his cousin…”

“And?”

“His cousin is the CEO of JF Company.”

“What??” Jonghoon and Yuri responded in unison. “I never know that. How did you know then? And how come you meet his cousin?”

“Well, he visited this hospital a few days ago. That’s why I know it.” Yoona choose not to explain to them so detailed. “Doesn’t it mean he must be from the same family background? I mean, aren’t the billionaire family usually linked to each other?”

“I don’t know, Yoong.” Jonghoon shook his head, clueless. “He never mentioned anything about his family.”

“Now, you’re curious about him?” Yuri smirked. “Of all the male doctors who wanted to make a move on you, you never pay any special attention towards them. But this time, he even didn’t try that hard like the others, but he successfully make you curious about him…” she exchanged a meaningful smile with Jonghoon. “Are you falling in love, Yoona? Your love cells finally awaken again?”

Yoona rolled her eyes. “Oh jebal. I’m going crazy because of you, guys…”

 

* * *

 

 

“Oh, Doctor Im. Can we help you?”

That’s was the first words from the three residents who were discussing on something in General Surgical Department office room when they noticed that Yoona was standing in front of the door.

“Sorry to interrupt you, guys.” Yoona gave an apologetic smile. “Is your chief here?” she asked since she knew that Jonghyun is in charge as a chief of resident doctors.

Those three exchanged a meaningful smile before they answered. “Doctor Lee is still on duty for his outpatients. He’s in his ER, Doctor Im. Is there anything that we can help?”

“Actually I just want to give these documents. It’s the report of the patient who just got a transplant from her older sister. There’s no problem for the kid who got the transplant. But it needs an agreement from Surgical Department for his older brother since he’s your patient, before I can gave it to our Director.” Yoona explained as she handed the report to Jungshin.

“Arasseoyo, Doctor Im. We’ll give it to Doctor L—ah, perfect timing, Doctor Lee is here.” Jungshin suddenly bowed to someone behind Yoona.

Yoona turned around and saw Jonghyun already stood right behind him. “Oh, you scared me.”

Jonghyun let out a little smile. “It’s a rare sight to see you here, Yoona. What’s going on?”

“There is a report of transplantation surgery last time between your patient and mine. It needs your confirmation before we submit it to Director.” Yoona explained.

“Thank you. I’ll give it back next morning after I discussed it with the team.”

Yoona nodded. "Then, excuse me…” she smiled to Jonghyun and the others before she went out from that office but she just walked for a few steps from there when suddenly she heard someone was following her. She turned around and saw Jonghyun is going after her. “Jonghyun, what’s wrong?”

“I forgot. Actually I was going to visit your office this morning but then I have a sudden operation.” He talked as he took out his phone from the coat’s pocket. “This time is my turn. Will you accept?” he handed his phone so Yoona can read the message on the screen.

 

Yonghwa Hyung

Dongsaeng, have a dinner together with me? And on behalf of me, please invite Doctor Im, too. I promised to ask both of you to dinner together with me last time.

 

Yoona chuckled as she read the message. “Tell him I’m ok with the invitation.”

Jonghyun’s lip formed a nice smile as he replied the message. “Thank you, Yoona. Actually I already expected that you will turn down the invitation. I mean, look at my hyung’s first impression towards you.”

“I learned not to judge people from first impression, Jonghyun.” Yoona gave him a meaningful smile. “Thanks to someone.”

“Woah, it narrowed towards me.” Jonghyun laughed. “But I’m serious, Yoona. You already know how loud and annoying Yonghwa hyung is...” he grimaced.

“To tell you the truth, I never expected that a CEO of a big company in South Korea is so bright and cheerful—“

“And loud.”

“And loud.” Yoona nodded in agreement while laughing. “And loud like him. I used to think that almost CEO must be a serious person, no fun at all... and tta-daah, here comes your cousin.” She chuckled. “I enjoyed it actually.”

“Enjoy what?” Jonghyun narrowed his eyes.

“You look many expressions that I never seen when you’re with him. I mean, you’re so rare to show your expression...”

“I always think that I might grow old faster when I’m with hyung. He always makes me annoyed. Well, although I have to admit he’s a very good hyung. I won’t become like this if it’s not because of him, Yoona...”

“Huh? What do you mean, Jonghyun?”

“Later...” Jonghyun smiled. “I have to go back to my office. See you, Yoona.” And with that, he rushed to his office, leaving Yoona who staring confusedly at him.

 

 

 

 


 

hi :)

just wnt to say thank you so much for your responses ^^ I do really love to read the comments

see you next chapt