Chapter 24 - Sacrificing

Prescription For Love

“Sir, there is a notice from the main house of Lee Family. CEO Jung requested for your presence right now.”

Jonghyun who was putting on his coat, ready to leave his office, raised his eyebrows to Jun Kyo, his personal assistant. “Yonghwa hyung? To Lee’s Main House?” Are you kidding me? He added in his mind since he couldn’t say it out, not in front of Jun Kyo.

“Yes, Sir. CEO Jung said this is a very serious matter.” Jun Kyo handed the phone. “CEO Jung is on the line right now.”

Jonghyun sighed as he took the phone from Jun Kyo and answered it—after signaled Jun Kyo to wait outside. “Jonghyun’s speaking.”

“You heard what your PA has told you. I need your presence right now.” Yonghwa didn’t even bother to say hello.

“What kind of joke is this?” Jonghyun snorted. “Are you out of mind, hyung? By asking me to step in into that house?”

“Jonghyun, this is not about you and your problem with samchon and imo. This is way more important. But we have to talk about it here!” Yonghwa’s voice turned more serious and tense. “So, please come over here right now.”

“I don’t want. That is a restricted place for me. Beside, I have a dinner tonight.”

“Jonghyun!”

“HYUNG!” Jonghyun almost lost his patience. “What the hell are you doing right now??? Suddenly called me, and tell me to go there! Hyung, are you crazy or what???”

“I told you, this is not about you!” Yonghwa’s voice also raised. “This is about your brother! There is something that you should know and it’s very important! So, I beg you, Jonghyun, come! Please tell Doctor Im that you might be late for one or two hours. I’m very sure she will understand!”

“What… are you talking about…?” Jonghyun’s voice turned tense. And he’s getting more anxious when he heard no response from Yonghwa. “Hyung! What are you talking about???”

“You heard me. It’s about Jaehyun. You have to know the truth. So, please come right now!”

Jonghyun breathed heavily as he heard the final tone of Yonghwa’s voice. He took a deep breathe before he ended the phone. “I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.”

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun stared confusedly at his phonescreen as he found that Yoong didn’t answer his phone, even he already called four times during his way to his parents house. It’s strange… she usually picked it up no matter what…

“Sir, we’ve arrived.” The voice from Jun Kyo made him turned his attention and realized that the car is just entered the main gate and made it way to the front door of the house. The maids are standing in line at the front door when the car stopped. He stared at the phonescreen again and decided to send a text to Yoona saying that something has come up and he will explain later before he went out from the car.

“Welcome home, Young Master Lee.”

Jonghyun almost—like literally almost—raised his eyebrows as he found that greeting sounds strange. Because he never stepped in into this house before. Not at all. And he never considered this as a destination to come home.

“They’re waiting you upstairs, Young Master.” Secretary Han is there already, escorted him—since Jonghyun didn’t know about that house at all. He quietly followed Secretary Kim’s step and arrived in front of a door. He just watched quietly when Secretary Kim knocked and told them that he’s here. And as soon as the door wide opened, he found his parents, Yonghwa, and someone familiar are there. He furrowed his eyebrows as he stepped in.

“What is this all about?” that was his first question as soon as the door was closed behind him from outside by Secretary Kim. He just stood there, not even bother to take a seat. He just make sure to get a distance from his parents. “And why Detective Park is here?”

Yonghwa stood up from the couch and approached him. His expression is very serious. “I will explain it directly. But I beg you, you have to listen it all. And what you’ll hear tonight is the fact, none of us trying to be a liar or creating a fake scene. And we have the evidence.”

Jonghyun wanted to protest but he noticed the situation is really strange, even with his parents, so he had no choice except to nod. “Explain.”

 

 

 

It was a silence. A long silence. Probably fifteen minutes has passed without any voice after the truth has revealed to Jonghyun, who’s sitting quietly on the couch right now with his head down.

“How could he…. hide these all from me for years?” Jonghyun finally talked with hoarse voice—but sounds like he just talked to himself. “I was with him every day, almost every hours… but how could I didn’t notice these all…”

“Because that’s what he wanted. He didn’t want you to know.” Yonghwa answered him carefully. “He didn’t want to become a burden for you…”

“And choose to do a suicide? Impossible. He won’t do such kind of thing…” Jonghyun shook his head weakly. “No, he won’t. I know him so well. He won’t do that.”

Yonghwa eyed his uncle and aunt quietly when he heard Jonghyun’s words. “Then do you think it’s purely an accident?”

“What do you mean?” Jonghyun finally raised his head, showing his eyes which has gotten red and teary, and an expression that full of sorrow.

“There are a few notes that you haven’t read. We didn’t want to jump into a conclusion so fast that’s why we need you to read those all also. Perhaps… it’s the answer…” Yonghwa opened another folder and showed it to Jonghyun.

 

 

Date XX Month XX Year XX

I’ve fallen in love with wrong person. She is a bad person.

I found out about this just now. I accidentally eavesdropped her conversation with her father when I came to her house. They were talking inside her father’s room but they didn’t realize that the door is opened a little and enough for me to hear their conversation.

Gosh. Is this what my family got after helping her father’s company from bankruptcy?? Now, they’re using the power of my father’s name to get anything that they want?? For God’s sake, my father helped him and even offered him a good position in our company, and now he’s—they are—betraying us???

 

Date XX Month XX Year XX

Today she’s asking me. Am I the one who will inherit the company?

Gosh…

I know her intention, eventhough she tried to ask it casually. I said yes, Jonghyun hyung have a lot of interest in business management, but he didn’t have any intention to lead the company and if I said I want to do it, then he will give it up. That’s what I’ve told her. Sorry hyung, I lied. I did this to protect you from that girl. Eventhough I knew you just confessed to her—yes, I know you really like her. And sorry for pretending like I didn’t know who’s the girl that you like. I’m sorry…

 

Date XX Month XX Year XX

She is surely crazy. She found out about my current condition. She knew I don’t have much time left. She knew the company will be inherited to Jonghyun hyung. She started to pick up a fight. I know what she’s been up to. She’s preying my brother now. She will create a scene in short time. Just wait…

 

Date XX Month XX Year XX

Hyung is going to her house. I know what will happen, before Jonghyun hyung started to pity on her, I will show up. I should make Jonghyun hyung have a feeling like he should choose between me or her, and I’m sure he will choose over me. With that way, he won’t ever be with that devil girl.

 

 

 

“What is this…” Jonghyun almost whispered in disbelief when he read the last drafts. “That person that he was talking about is… Tiffany?”

“I’m afraid yes.” Yonghwa answered carefully. “What do you think?”

“I…” Jonghyun sounds clueless. “I don’t get it yet…” he shook his head despairly. “Do you have a report of her father’s activity since he joined the company until now?”

“They’re preparing it right now.” Chairman Lee is the one who answered—for the first time. “We have to wait…”

Jonghyun is about to speak again when Yonghwa’s ringtone suddenly distracted him.

“WHAT??” Yonghwa’s surprised voice made all of them turned their attention. “But how???” he started to look panic. “Find her! Now!” he ended his call, totally look pale as he stared to Jonghyun. “Your girlfriend...”

Jonghyun jumped from his seat. “Why? Yoona, why?”

“She’s missing… I’m afraid she’s being kidnapped…”

Jonghyun suddenly feels numb as he heard the worst news that he never expected to be heard. “What… are you talking about?? TELL ME!!!” he shouted angrily.

Yonghwa, who looks as frustrated as him right now, stared back at him. “I sent a security protections for Doctor Im right after I’ve found out about these emails. I and Detective Park have a doubt that she may become the target after she and you went back from NY. I have a feeling that whover people behind this, may feel insecure especially if they knew that you finally visited the main house in NY again. That’s why I asked for extra securities for your girlfriend, of course I didn’t tell her about this, afraid it will make her feel more afraid.” Yonghwa feels more guilty as he continues to explain. “They followed her until her apartment. Since they aren’t the residents and couldn’t show any prove that they are invited guests, they couldn’t enter the apartment area. They’re standby around the building. While they’re on it, one of them noticed a black car just went out from the building so fast, made them feel suspicious and reported it to the security. And turned out after they checked the CCTV, they saw your girlfriend entered that car. Right now, they’re in the middle of chasing that car.”

Jonghyun clenched his jaw as he heard the explanation. “I want to talk with one of your staffs! Now!”

Yonghwa quickly called a number and turned it into speaker which answered right away. “Sir!”

“Where are you right now?”

“We’re in sixth west intersection right now, Sir. The car is few meters in front of us.”

“This is Jonghyun. Send me your live location. I’m on my way!” Jonghyun gave the order with stiff voice and about to leave in a hurry but Detective Park blocked his way and held his arm. “LET GO OF ME!!”

“You need to wait, Jonghyun. They’re still on the road right now. It’s better to wait until they got the exact location of her. If you go now, it may be harder to get her back.”

“ARE YOU CRAZY?? I’m waiting here while she is being kidnapped??? LET GO OF ME!! I HAVE TO CHASE THAT CAR!” he shouted and tried to let go off his arm but now even Yonghwa came to stop him.

“Jonghyun, it’s true. You need to wait. They will inform us if they finally catch that car. And… you cannot go, Jonghyun. Didn’t you hear it? They’re still chasing it… on the road.” Yonghwa speaks carefully. “I already told them to make sure that it won’t make Doctor Im in danger. They’re putting up a strategy right now, Jonghyun. You need to wait!! Don’t do something that you will regret again!!!”

Jonghyun was about to yell angrily again when he found the look in Yonghwa’s eyes. A warning look which made him suddenly feels being slapped by his words. Don’t repeat the scene, Jonghyun. Don’t repeat the scene that happened six years ago…

“They will keep report us. We have to wait…” Yonghwa softened his voice when Jonghyun turned a bit calm. “Do you think we have to inform Director Im?”

“No… Not yet…” Jonghyun shook his head—totally looks pale—and turned to his parents for the first time. “If something happened… can I use the VIP Guards?”

Chairman Lee is the first to react although both of them looks surprised when Jonghyun finally talked to them—and even asked for help. “You are the CEO of Lee Enterprise. All of them, including the VIP Guards, are under your command now. Of course you can use it. Although… we already ordered them to support JF Security Teams right now.” His dad’s words surprised Jonghyun. “She is also our priority right now. They surely will find her very soon.”

The room turned silent as none of them spoke anymore. Until Yonghwa’s phone is ringing again. He answered it in a flash. “Speaking!”

“Sir, we found the car.”

 

 

 

Yoona slowly opened her eyes and found an unfamiliar sight around her. She tried to be focused although she’s still feeling dizzy. Wait… where am I? Last thing I remembered is I just arrived in my home… and…

“Oh, you’re awake now, huh.”

Yoona raised her head and that time she finally aware that she’s not in normal position right now. Her hands and legs are being tied into the chair. And the person in front of her made her finally realized the situation—although she was shocked with the fact that the person in front of her is someone that she never expected. “Tiffany…?”

“Oh… hello again.” Tiffany, who was sitting in front of him with arrogant pose, smirked at Yoona. “This is our second time to meet each other, right? Too bad this time, we’re in this kind of circumstance…” She put a fake sad expression.

Yoona tried to maintain her calm expression although since she’s awake, she already feels panic since she’s aware she’s being kidnapped right now. But at the same time, she knew she had to act  calm because she has a bad feeling about this. “As far as I remembered, actually we never crossed the same path, so… what’s with all of these things?”

Tiffany let out a fake laugh. “Oh really? Well, how should I say it… Jonghyun?”

“I thought Jonghyun and you are already over…” Yoona still tried to act calm. “And if you want to talk with me… why I have to be tied like this?”

“Who said I want to talk with you?” Tiffany laughed again and came closer. “I’m so sick of you, you know!! You! Who ruined everything!!!” her voice suddenly raised although her smile didn’t left her face.

Gosh… this is not good… What should I do… Right now, she totally looks scary. It looks like she can hurt me anytime…

Tiffany raised Yoona’s chin with her finger. “Tell me…” her voice calmed again but somehow it sounds fierce and makes Yoona shivered. “Why you came to their house in New York?”

How did she know…? Yoona thought in her mind as she tried to find the answer why she suddenly is being kidnapped. I mean… she can do it since few months ago… why now?

“TELL ME!” Tiffany suddenly shouted and gripped Yoona’s chin with her nails. “And why you suddenly visited Jung Yonghwa’s office this morning! TELL ME!!”

“I… I just visited… since we are in New York…” She’s still trying to maintain her expression. “He said… Jonghyun said… that he has someone who take care of him since he was little in that house…”

“Don’t lie to me, you !” Tiffany released her chin but moved to her hairs and pulled it, made Yoona grimaced as she bears the pain. “You must find something in that house, right?? That’s why you visited Jung Yonghwa’s office this morning!! You think I don’t know, huh??? DON’T LIE TO ME!!!” she shouted angrily.

Does this woman have a mental problem…? Yoona can’t help but think about it since she realized how different she is right now. Although she didn’t know Tiffany, but she managed to see a few pictures of her in fashion magazines since she’s a well known runaway model. As far as she knew, Tiffany is being called an angel. But what she saw right now is totally the opposite. She looks so scary. She shouted, her eyes are angry, and the way she talks—sometimes following with a scary laugh—makes Yoona wonders if she has two personalities, or in another words, bipolar disorder. She tried to think in a hurry—as she realized she probably didn’t have much time in this kind of situation. Tiffany… house in NY… Yonghwa’s office… Something in that house… She’s being kidnapped… Somehow she looks panic…

It took her a few seconds until she realized the red thread of those all. “Why…?” she tried to speak with hoarse voice, ignoring that she might get hurt again because Tiffany’s hands is still on her hairs. “Are you afraid of something that I might find in that house…? Because it’s related to you…?” Yoona stared at her in disbelief. “And also related to Jaehyun…?”

SLAPP!! Yoona couldn’t help but grimaced as she feels the pain in her left cheek because of a hard slap from Tiffany. Which also makes her feel sure about her thought.

“, tell me what you’ve found in that house!! Who told you to say anything else, HUH??? Tell me!! Or else I wont give you any mercy…”

“You look so afraid, you know…” Yoona tried to speak, ignoring the pain that she got from Tiffany’s slap. Because right now, she finally knew Tiffany’s intention. And the scared and afraid feeling that she just felt before are suddenly forgotten. She knew the woman in front of her right now is actually feeling more scared than her. “At first it’s just my guess… but seeing you like this…” Yoona paused for a moment and smiled. Now it’s time for me to turn the table. “You… Gosh… you involved in Jaehyun’s death… Unbelievable…”

“SHUT UP!!!” Tiffany pushed Yoona rudely and made her head hit the wall behind the chair. Which makes her feels the pain more and more over her tied body. “SHUT UP YOUR ING MOUTH!!!”

Anyone… please just show up… at this rate, I believe she can kill me without any hesitation… Yoona hopelessly prayed. “What will you do if I tell you what I’ve got in that house…?”

“It’s up to me. Well, anything that makes me happy. You should aware that your life is on me right now. It seems like you already know what actually happened… You ruined my life. By telling Jung Yong Hwa, you ruined my life. And I never forgive anyone who ruined my life. Do you think what’s the purpose of bring you here?? You think you can live happily with Jonghyun after you told him what you’ve got there??” Tiffany suddenly laughed. “In you dream, . It’ll only happen in your dream…” She suddenly took something on the table, which Yoona weren’t aware about that before. And her eyes are widened when she realized what kind of thing is that.

Oh My God… please save me…

 

 

 

“The car just stopped 500 m from here, Young Masters. We suspected that Doctor Im must be in that abandoned building. We’re waiting for your instruction. We have to back up before because their guards are as much as us. And they are also fully equipped and we didn’t know if there are others on the other side of the building.” Yonghwa’s staffs reported as soon as Jonghyun and Yonghwa arrived at the location that they just reported. It’s clearly a best place for kidnapping someone since the building that mentioned earlier is actually an abandoned factory which located away from the crowd. “They said, only Master Jonghyun can go inside. If we’re dare to against them, they threatened us with Doctor Im’s safety…”

“Only Jonghyun??? No, Impossible!”

“I’ll go, hyung.”

“Then I’ll go with you!”

“No, hyung!” Jonghyun shook his head. “While I’m talking with him, you lead the others. Find a way to get in without being noticed by them.”

“But you shouldn’t show up a long. They are fully equipped, Jonghyun! They can hurt you anytime.” Yonghwa strongly disagree. “At least bring two guards. While you’re negotiating with him, I will try to find a way to get in. I’ve already called back up. We need to buy some time until they’ve come.”

“They said only me.”

“Only you can get inside. As for outside, at least you need some people.” Yonghwa said firmly and turned to the team leader. “Both of you, guard him.”

“Thank you, hyung.” Jonghyun nodded thankfully to Yonghwa. “And hyung, if the situation turned worse, I need you to save yourself and Yoona first. Don’t mind me.”

“Yya! You—“

“I’ll find a way. Don’t think about me. Save yourself and her first. You must promise me.”

Yonghwa stared at his cousin with disbelief and sighed. “Okay, I promise. But, Jonghyun. I don’t want to lose my brother again. So, you better find a way quickly and get out from there safely.”

“Thank you, hyung.” Jonghyun smiled weakly and turned to the two guards. “Let’s go.”

“Protect him no matter what…” Yonghwa mouthed the words when the two guards passed him. “Bring him out alive.” Which replied with a firm nod from the guards as they followed Jonghyun’s steps. He then watched until Jonghyun disappeared from his sight and started to move.

 

 

 

“Be careful, Young Master.” One of the guards stopped Jonghyun when they’re about to arrive at the area. They then moved to the front and behind Jonghyun, guarded him completely while at the same time they suddenly surrounded by five people with the gun are aiming at them.

“Drop your gun.” Jonghyun said calmly—totally showed no fear. “I’m here to talk to you, Cho Daniel.”

A sound of clap suddenly heard followed with an appearance of a guy which totally looks relaxed. “Oh... here comes the main actor that we’ve been waiting…” he stopped in front of Jonghyun and smirked. “Hello, Jonghyun. Oh, wrong. I should call you CEO Lee now, right? Should I also bow for you?”

Jonghyun just stared at him, not affected at all with Daniel’s act. “What do you want, Daniel? You and Tiffany have a problem with me, right? Then deal it with me. Don’t drag other people.”

“Other people?” Daniel put a fake act and laughed. “Ah… do you mean you beloved girlfriend? No, I’m not dragging her. She comes to my car willingly…” he laughed again.

“Tell me, what do you want from me?”

“Me? Aish… you’re asking the wrong person, Lee Jonghyun.” Daniel shook his head. “I’m just helping someone…”

“I don’t believe you’re helping her without hoping for anything, Cho Daniel. I know you for three years and it’s enough for me to understand your character.” Jonghyun snorted lightly. “Tell me, what did she promise to you? A position in Lee Enterprise? Managing Director? Vice Director? Or big amount of stocks? A wealthy life?” He stared firmly at Daniel. “How if I said, I can give you more than she could give to you? Named it.”

Daniel looks a bit surprised but he covered it with a laugh. “Woah… you’ve changed, Jonghyun. Is it because you’re the CEO now? So you can say things like this easily?”

“Now you understand the power that CEO of Lee Enterprise has. You know, Daniel. I will make sure to bring my girlfriend out from here alive. And you also know that if I made it, you and Tiffany won’t live freely like before. You won’t think that I will let this issue go without doing anything, right?”

“That’s why I choose her rather than you, Jonghyun. What do you think of me, huh? You think I don’t know your plan? Let’s say I choose to help you, then after you get your girlfriend back, you will betray me and sending me to prison—or kill me, for worst scenario. That’s why I choose to be on her side.”

“Helping her? Helping her to get rid of my girlfriend, which you think if she succeed, I will suffer once again—just like what happened to Jaehyun before—and that time will be the right time for her Dad to take over my company and get rid of my family? Is that your plan?” Jonghyun let out a smirk. “Do you think I don’t know for how many years her father already manipulated my family? How much money which is belong for company but he used it for his own? How many people he asked to be on his side and to support him to get rid of me from the CEO position? Do you think I also don’t know that his Dad is the one who made my Dad’s health condition become worse? For God’s sake… what a shameful people all of you are… My family gave him a position when his business collapsed… we pity him because he need to support both of you. We gave him a good position in our company, and this is what we got?? And don’t think I didn’t know about my twin, Daniel… Don’t think that I didn’t know the cause of his death…” He stared at Daniel with anger and disbelief. “Do you know how much I want to get rid of you all right now?? How much I want to kill you with my own hands right now?? And what you just did and said to me?? You think you’re already have a higher hand than me right now?” Jonghyun let out a laugh. “Just give up, Daniel…”

Daniel, who totally looks pale with Jonghyun’s words, is still trying to win the situation. “Give up?? Look around you, Jonghyun. Don’t be silly. You’re being surrounded right now. If I say yes, they will shoot you right now without hesitation…”

“Really? Should I look around? Or should you be the one to look around?”

And in a second after Jonghyun said the words, a bunch of guys with gun aiming straight suddenly surrounded the area. There are about ten of them. And they all were on Jonghyun’s side. The backup that Yonghwa just called. It seems like when Jonghyun is taking the time by talking to Daniel, all of them started to move in silence to surround the targets.

“Jonghyun YOU BASTARD!!” Daniel’s expressions finally turned scared and angry. “SHOOT HIM!!! NOW!!! SHOOT HIM!!”

While at the same time, Yonghwa, who successfully entered the building when Jonghyun and the others distracted the enemy’s guards, suddenly froze when he heard the gunshot from outside. He turned to one of the guard which trying to contact Jonghyun’s guards. But there’s no response at all. Instead, the other guards responded him. “This is R3, we’ve managed to get inside.”

 

 

 

 


I know I left this story for too long, it's because I'm in the middle of working another project--and hectic works also didnt help at all

But I am still keeping my promise to finish this story, no matter is there's still a reader or no :)

See you on next chapt.

thank you so much for still waiting patiently