Yongseo Hae

She's The One

“Run JongHyun-ah! Don’t stop!” I told myself as I ran the 3rd lap in the park. I was exhausted, but I wanted to do something to take my mind off things. After a few minutes, my legs gave away and I stopped running.  I walked,slowly, to the bench and sat by myself,drinking some water. I took my phone out, to see if she had texted. No. I called her again, only to hear the lady say  “This subscriber is not available to take your call.” This was making me crazy. Things were fine in the morning. Why did I have to mess things up like this? The thought of losing her made me shiver. I walked the whole way home, but I couldn’t clear the bad thoughts. When I reached home, nobody was there. I called JungShin. “Au Hyung!” he said. “Audiya?” I asked. “With classmates. I may be a little late. Minhyukdo.” He said. “Keurae. Itta bwa!” I said, and hung up.  I’ll have to talk to someone about this. I hope YongHwa Hyung comes home soon. I took the water bottle from the fridge, while trying to call SeungYeonie again. She’s clearly avoiding my calls. And my text messages. How am I supposed to talk to her? I tried watching TV while lying on the couch, but all I did was toss and turn. I turned the TV off and covered my face with the cushion. I screamed into it, letting out all the frustration. I calmed myself down after a few minutes.I put the music on in full volume and lay down on the couch again.

After half an hour, I heard the door open. I knew it would only be my brothers because only the four of us and our families knew the code for the lock. I didn’t bother to open my eyes when they came in. “Hyung, we’re home!” MinHyuk said. “Au.” I said. Suddenly I felt something heavy on me. “Yaa! Mwoya eegau?!” I screamed. JungShin babo threw his bag on me. “Keunyang.” He said, grinning. “Ahh! Chincha!” I said, but lay down again and looked at them. They had puzzled looks on their faces. “Ottohke dwengauya?” JungShin asked. “Nothing! Just tired!” I said. They’ll obviously know that I’m lying. “Hyung! Don’t lie! What happened?” MinHyuk asked. “Keugau….” I started, when the doorbell rang. “I’ll see who it is!” JungShin said. He walked towards the door and opened it. He smiled. “Seung Yeon!!” he said. The minute I heard her name, I sat up straight. Did she forgive me? Was she going to tell me it was okay? “Anneyong!” she told JungShin. She must have come to see me because she isn’t close with my brothers. I looked at her. She looked at me for less than a second and turned towards JungShin again. “Came to see Hyung?” JungShin . I wondered how she would react. She just gave a faint smile and said. “Aniyo! I came to return the notebooks you gave to Ji-Hyun.” “OHH! Where is she, btw?” JungShin asked. “She couldn’t come so she asked me to give it back to you. I had to go to the store near your place for something, so ..” she said, taking the notebooks out. “That’s very sweet of you. Gomawoyo!” JungShin said, as he took the notebooks from her. “Keurom, I’ll leave now.” Seung Yeon said. Wait..she was leaving. What about me? Not even a ‘HI’ . What a fool I was to think she came because she forgave me. JungShin looked at me and her. “Wait….did you two fight?” he asked. Before I could answer, she said “Aniyooo! I’m in a hurry. I really have to go..Anneyong!” she said, waving to MinHyuk and JungShin. “Anneyong Oppa!” She said without looking at me. What do I do to make her forgive me?? How can she act like this? Like everything’s fine. When she was near the door, I ran towards her and stopped her from going. I didn’t care that JungShin and MinHyuk were watching. “Oppa,let me leave. I’m in a hurry.” She said,her eyes focused on the floor. “Geotjimal!” I said.  I pulled her by the hand , went outside, and closed the door. “SeungYeon-ah! Please forgive me once!” I said. “Oppa! Please! Just let me go.” She said, trying hard to break free. But my grip was firm. I was going to end this silly fight. “Ani! I’m not going to! Why are you making it such a big deal? Won’t you get jealous if I talked to my old friends, who are girls?” I asked. “Oppa. It was not the point of getting jealous. You were rude to my friend. The way you were acting, it was so unlike you. And if you were to introduce me to someone, I would not stay silent. I would try and talk to them. I would hear their stories about how you were when you with them,even if I get jealous.” She said. What she said actually surprised me. I wasn’t expecting her to tell something like this. “SeungYeon-ah..” I didn’t know what to say. She took this as an opportunity to release the grip. And she walked away. Just like that.

I stood there for sometime, just staring into space, before I went in. I was going to be bombarded with questions now. “HYUNG! Wae Geurae?? What happened between you two?” MinHyuk asked. “I’m so stupid! How can I do this?” I asked. “What happened?” JungShin asked. I narrated what happened, without leaving a single detail. “HYUNNGG!!! You really overreacted. Chincha!” JungShin said. “Yea, I realized that after the damage was done.” I said. “Do something.” MinHyuk said. “I don’t know what to do! I’ve tried apologizing. She’s not ready to listen to me.” I said. “We know how important she is to you. Don’t lose her.” JungShin said. I just nodded ,facepalmed and leaned back on the couch. I’ve got to do something.

After a while, I got an idea. It may seem simple, but I should try again. I went to the grocery store, and got something. I neatly put it in a basket, and wrapped it well with gift wrapper. I drove to her house. Yes,I remember the way quite well. I parked at a distance, and then put the basket in front of her door.  I rang the doorbell and went back to my car before anyone could see. Yes, it was stalkerish. But I couldn’t help it. She wouldn’t agree if she saw me. I saw the door opening. I really hoped it was her and not someone else from her  family. I had put a note on it anyway saying “To SeungYeon.”To my relief, it was her who took the basket. She looked around, and when she found nobody, she went inside. That was all I could see. I waited for a while, looked at my phone but there was no message or call from her. So I went back home.

 

SeungYeon’s POV:

When I came back from Oppa’s house, I was almost about to cry. It was awful fighting with him like this, but I was really hurt. I knew it was just a silly thing, but I didn’t know what came over me. I was so upset. I wanted to talk to him,hang out with him again. But……Should I just let it go? He was pleading so much. I shouldn’t have gotten so close to him. Then,it would been fine. I wouldn’t have cared about whether he talked to my friends or not. I read all the messages he sent, and avoided all his calls. When Ji-Hyunie asked me to give the notebooks to JungShin, I refused at first. But she said she really had to go somewhere, so I couldn’t say no. No one was home today, so I liked that I had the place to myself.

I was watching TV, when I heard someone ring the doorbell. I got up and opened the door, but no one was there. I looked around, and then I noticed the big package,neatly gift-wrapped.  It was addressed to me “To SeungYeon.”

But there was nothing about the sender. I looked around once more, and when I spotted no one, I went inside. I set the package on the table and carefully opened it, not wanting to mess up the beautiful wrapping. When I opened it, I smiled a little, unknowingly.  It was a beautiful basket with lots of apples in it. When I saw the apples, I knew who it was from. “Ahhh…oppa!” I said, smiling again. He was trying so hard to make me forgive him. There was one more note inside. I opened it. It read:

SeungYeon-ah,

Yongseo Hae!

 Ee oppaiue sagwareul bada julkke?

Naan chincha baboya.

Mianhada . It won’t happen again. Yaksok.

Maani mokko. <3

J

 

I smiled reading the note. I cannot not forgive him now. I think I too overreacted. I shouldn’t do that. I wanted to talk to him immediately, so I took my phone and texted him. Calling him would be too….i don’t know.

SY: Katchi mokja! :) :)

I got a reply within a second.

It was only filled with <3 <3 :) :) :) :) :) :* and all kinds of emojis. He must be so happy.

SY: Nado mian. :(

JH: Let’s not argue anymore. Jaebal! :*

SY: Keurae. Maja!

JH: Bogoshipda.

SY: :P

JH: Tell me you missed me too.

SY: Ani…:P

JH: Seungyeon-ah. :P

SY: Oppa :P

JH: Marhebwa.

SY: Mwoga?:P


JH: You missed me.

SY: Maja. :P

 

I obviously missed him a lot. I didn’t think I would miss him so much, but I did. He wanted to hear “I missed you” from me ,but I was being a little adamant. On purpose :P I wasn’t very good at expressing myself, so…Anyway we talked for a long time, and then there were messages from the group we were all in. They created a new group with me, Oppa, JungShinssi, Minhyukssi and YongHwassi. And there was also a new number.

I asked Oppa on private chat as to who it was.

JH: YongHwa Hyung’s very close friend and ours too. Shin Hye. She’s my age. Same college, different department.

SY: Au keurae. :)

I wasn’t going to get jealous, because I know that Oppa was really close to me. Like I told him before, I would only get to know more about him if I talked to his friends.

They started planning a short trip together, the seven of us. All of us agreed instantly, because it had been such a tiring week and so we wanted to go and enjoy outside. We planned what to do, and then went to get ready. We were leaving the next day. It was going to be a two day trip. It was going to be fun , I could feel it. I was so relieved that things between me and Oppa were okay. JungShin and Minhyuk asked if everything was alright and started teasing us on the group. And the others joined and embarrassed us. But we were taking it in good spirit.

I went offline and started packing things for the trip. I couldn’t wait to hang out with everybody.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Note: So i added SY's POV too :) Coz you have to know how she felt. :P I'll be changing from JH's POV to SY's once in a while <3 :)

Hope you liked the chapter. Please comment :)