Chapter 3

Star Crossed

Jimin lead us to the front of the BTS changing rooms and stopped for a moment to breathe.

“Ready?” he questioned me.

This morning Jimin informed me that he told s about our relationship and how we have been sneaking around visiting each other for almost a year now. He told me he apologized for keeping it a secret for so long, but the members just laughed and told him that he was a really bad liar, so whenever he went out to meet up with me it was pretty obvious that he was hiding something and they all assumed it was a girl since he wouldn’t return some nights.

I laughed at his story, but for some reason I felt a pang of curiosity inside my body. Jimin and I barely ever saw each other. He would come every every two or three weeks and spend the night. Our relationship was pretty much over text messages, but I didn’t want to question Jimin since s probably thought the times when Jimin told me he was actually going to practice, that he was really planning on meeting up with me.

I gave his hand a squeeze,

“I’m ready.”

Jimin knocked on the door before opening it and stepping in. When I peered inside, I spotted six boys in different corners of the room staring directly at us. Jimin closed the door behind us,

“Um hey guys. This is my girlfriend, Hyun-Mi. The one I told you about.”

“Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Hyun-Mi, Jimin’s girlfriend. Please take care of me.”

I chuckled awkwardly in attempt to ease the tension. So far this conversation has sounded like a job interview. Eventually all the members stated their name and asked me to take a seat on the couch. Once we all got situated, each member began asking me questions,

“So Hyun-Mi, I heard from Jimin that you wanted to meet us. Why?”

“Well I thought it was time to meet some of Jimin’s friends since we’ve been dating for awhile and I felt like I know no one that is close to Jimin. I feel like in a relationship, it won’t work if we’re always in hiding. And I know that the press can’t find out, I don’t want them to either, so I would at least like to be open to the people closest to Jimin and me.”

They nodded their heads in agreement. The atmosphere was serious but quickly disappeared once Taehyung started asking questions,

“Hyun-Mi, you’re so cute! You seem so nervous answering the questions! Don’t be! We don’t bite. Well, unless Jimin does, but that’s a different story that I don’t really want to hear about.”

I felt my cheeks begin to heat up from Taehyungs comment as Taehyung proceed to run over to my side and pinch my cheeks while everyone else was laughing. I made eye contact with Jimin and noticed that he was not happy with Taehyung being so close to me. Before I could step back away from Taehyung, Jimin marched over and slapped away Taehyung hands from my cheeks and pulled me closer to him.

“Yah! Taehyung, don’t you have any respect for other people’s things? Don’t touch things that aren’t yours or you’ll get it next time.”

“Wahhhh!”

Taehyung took a step towards the rest of the members,

“Now I see why it took Jimine this long to introduce us to his beloved girlfriend. He’s so insecure. Aww, our little Jiminie is scared that his girlfriend might fall in love with one of us.” Laughed Namjoon.

I giggled because it was true, Jimin can be overly protective of me at times, but it’s sort of cute how he gets jealous. It makes me feel like he cares about me in his own way. I just sometimes wish that I could talk to a guy without him thinking that I am sleeping with him behind his back.

Jimin turned red from embarrassment. He quickly buried his face into the crook of my neck in an attempt to hide his blush from his friends, but I think that this action actually made the teasing worse since they then began to call him Koala because he was always so clingy.

After a good 20 minutes had passed, I realized I got along with the members pretty well and ended up actually having a lot of fun in the process. However I don’t really see any friendships going to be forming since I am not allowed to talk to any of the members on my own. Jimin would always be over my shoulder and making comments of his own.

A few moments later, one of the crew managers came in informing BTS that they were due to be performing in 10 minutes so they need to get their microphones on and make their way to the side of the stage so that they were prepared for their entrance. Jimin asked if I wanted to watch from the side of the stage or from the audience. In the end I chose the side stage.

During BTS’ performance of Dope, I noticed Mark coming towards me with 6 other guys goofing off behind him. Mark saw me and smiled,

“Hey Hyun-Mi, these are my members. I didn’t expect to see you here though. I was actually just going to text you after this performance to see when you were free to meet up. We still can, right? Since you’re really not meeting my members in detail right now, just their faces?”

“Sure, Mark. Whatever you want.”

I made eye contact with the rest of s as Mark introduced me to them,

“Guys this is Hyun-Mi. My first love.”

All of them stared in confusion until one of them, the tallest, spoke up

“I thought she lived in Cali. What is she doing here? How did she even get here? When? Why?”

Mark spoke up,

“You could always ask her yourself, since she is right next to me, but since we don’t have time, I’ll explain later. I want you guys to talk to each other and become friends though, okay? Hyun-Mi, can you stay and watch our performance? It’s right after BTS-sunbaenims. It would mean a lot to me.”

I was hesitant since I didn’t know what I was going to tell Jimin since I am sure he probably wanted to go somewhere after this. However, when Mark looked at me with puppy dog eyes and did aegyo, I just couldn’t bring myself to reject him,

“please, please, mimi”

My heart caved in when he began to use my nickname,

“Okay. Just let me talk to Jimin real fast.”