Chapter 2

HOME

7.30 am, at the hospital.

 

Wonho just woke up with his girlfriend beside him; she made breakfast for him. As she turned back she gave a sweet smile to him, and asked him how was his sleep last night. She then take a chair and sat beside him, ready to feed him.

 

“Oppa, good morning,” said Bona with a smile, “how was your sleep last night?”

 

“Hi babe,” Wonho kissed her forehead, “I was having a nice sleep, thanks for asking.”

 

“Hey, don’t thank me for that, it’s my duty to know your health progress,” Bona gave a pout, “here, it’s time for your breakfast.”

 

Wonho opened his mouth while Bona gave him a spoon of porridge she had just made. “How is it, Oppa?”

 

“Hmm, my favorite,” Wonho replied, “by the way, you should be arriving at school at this time, isn’t it?”

 

“Oppa, it’s Saturday..” said Bona, “school is off today, Oppa.”

 

“Oh yes, I forgot..” Wonho replied, shook his head, “what happened with me I didn’t know what day is today.”

 

“It’s okay, Oppa,” Bona smiled, her boyfriend is really care about her studies. “Here, say ‘Ah’.”

 

“Hey, I’m not a little kid anymore,” Wonho opened his mouth again as Bona fed him, “by the way, did my parents tell you about my condition and suggestions from Doctor Park yesterday?”

 

“I asked them, but they didn’t say anything about that,” Bona replied, “they said just take a really good care of you, and I said yes. Why do you asking me that suddenly, Oppa?”

 

“No, it’s nothing, babe,” said Wonho, “I’m just curious.”

 


 

Soon after Bona left the hospital to meet and discuss a group project with her friends, his mother suddenly came up with an instant ramen in hand, as she knows that her lovely son will always love ramen no matter what his condition is.

 

“Mom? When you came?” Wonho was surprised and happy to see her, but something told him that his mother is keeping a secret from him.

 

“Just by now,” said Mrs. Shin while pouring hot water inside the ramen cup. “Where’s Bona anyway?”

 

“Well, she just left few minutes ago because she had an appointment with her friends to discuss their group project, so I think she will come again tomorrow,” Wonho replied, waiting for his ramen done, “but why you asked me, Mom? I thought you met her at the hospital lobby?”

 

“Yes I met her, but there is something you should know about your health condition but you have to keep it from her. I talked to Dr. Park yesterday, and there is only one chance to keep you healthy, but you have to promise to me.”

 

“What is it, Mom?”

 

“Me and my father has talked about this, and.. We think it’s best that you have to move to another city. Seoul is absolutely not an option for this because the air condition here is not gonna make you become healthier. I have prepared all your documents and your clothes and stuff and you will stay in my sister’s home in Pyeongchang, and also I will meet the school principal and talk about this on Monday so you don’t have to worry with all that.” explained Mrs. Shin.

 

“What? Move? Are you serious?”

 

“Yes I’m so serious right now, and that’s why you can’t talk to Bona about this. It’s not because I hate her; she’s kind and you learn love from her. But don’t you think that I’m not worried when you started to join a basketball club last year while you know that you have arrhythmia? Don’t you know that I always beg Mr. Kim to kick you out of the club because of that?” Mrs. Shin replied with her crack voice, almost to cry. “Now I also worry with transferring you to Pyeongchang, but we want to see you becoming a man and have your future too, so please understand.”

 

“Mom.. Don’t cry.. I’m sorry for always ignoring your words about my health..” Wonho hugged his mom, tight. “I promise, Mom, I promise.”

 


 

“Hi, babe,” said Bona while opened the curtains, let the sun rays to came inside the room. “Good morning.”

 

“Good morning too,” Wonho replied, woke up because of Bona’s voice. “How’s your day yesterday?”

 

“Well, I have talked with my friends about the project and I’m in the fundraising division, so I think I will busy for, three weeks?”

 

“And what’s wrong with that?”

 

“I don’t know, Oppa.. It’s just that I’m not sure if I can handle my task as a fundraiser. I mean this is a big project and I don’t know how to persuade those big companies to collaborate in this project.. What should I do?” Bona asked, confused.

 

“Hey, first of all you have to be confident of yourself, okay? Just throw away those bad feelings and everything is gonna be alright,” said Wonho, gave a smile to his girlfriend.

 

“Oppa..” Bona hugged him like a child. “I will miss our conversation like this.. Oppa please get well really soon so I can meet you at school, at least..”

 

Wonho hugged her tight, like a sign that he don’t want to leave by her side. A sign of the truth that he can’t talk to his girlfriend, even just one word. It hurts him, but all he can do is to keep it secret from her, so she could do her task and, so he could leave her without have to say goodbye to her, because it kills him to do so.

 

“By the way, I got teamed up with Hyungwon-oppa, and I know if he doesn’t wanna talk to me because I’m your girlfriend but, does it really matter to think about that while you have to be professional? He just stay quiet and didn’t say anything yesterday..” Bona complained, still can't believe she will working together with her boyfriend’s rival.

 

“Don’t worry, if he don’t do anything, I will come and speak to him how dare he let my girlfriend do all of the tasks just like that.”

 

Yes, Hyungwon, Wonho’s biggest rival. Tall, handsome, smart, made him one of popular students in school, just like Wonho. Unfortunately, his chic personality and rumours of him being gay is one of reasons why most people disliked him. However, his academic achievements still made him reliable to be one of students who joined science competitions.

 

“Oppa.. I am so lucky to have a boyfriend like you, you know?" said Bona, smiled.