Chapter 1

HOME

“GOAL!!!”

 

Wonho just scored in the last 5 minutes for the First Round. Cheers from his fans are dominating the entire court as the MCs says,

 

“GOAL EVERYBODY! It was Wonho with his awesome three-points again! I can’t believe he already made 3 goals for his team just in the First Round. How do you say for this, Yoona-ssi?” said Jaekyung, the MC.

 

“You know Jaekyung-ssi, since they started the game my heart goes trembling so much just because seeing Wonho doing these shoots. All I can say is, just being the MC here could make me this happy, so how I would be if I were to be his girlfriend? She must be really lucky to have Wonho, Jaekyung-ssi,” Yoona replied, smiled.

 

Meanwhile, Wonho didn’t care what the MCs said about him and just keep playing until the referee blow the whistle, meaning that the First Round is over.

 

“Good job, Wonho-ya! Here, drink this,” said Mr. Kim, his trainer, offered him a mineral water. “You should keep your stamina like that before, and I’m sure we will bring the trophy again.”

 

“Yes, thank you, Mr. Kim. I will do as you said, don’t worry,” Wonho replied with smile, made his manager proud.

 

“Okay guys, come closer,” said Wonho as the captain, “so for the Second Round, we have to be faster than before. Changkyun-ah, don’t let them distract your focus, okay? I don’t wanna lose this time, so be prepared for their surprises moves.”

 

“Yes, hyung!” Changkyun replied. “Anything else?”

 

“Nope, that’s all from me. Good luck guys! Come on!”

 


 

“Mm-hmm.. Where am I?”

 

Wonho looked around and found his trainer and his girlfriend sit beside him.

 

“Wonho-oppa, are you alright?” asked Bona, helped his boyfriend to sit.

 

“Well, I feel kinda dizzy,” said Wonho, “but wait, why am I here? Am I not supposed at the game-”

 

“Well, we found you unconscious while you were chasing the ball just like that, so we brought you here to makes you getting better. The doctor said that your heart worked so hard at that time, and it makes you can’t breathe well. How’s now?” said Mr. Kim, worried about his student. Yes, because up until now only Wonho could bring such victory to their club.

 

“My chest still hurts, but I think my heart is going normal again. Thank you, Mr. Kim.” Wonho replied.

 

“Well, it’s nice to hear from you that you’re okay now. I think I should go back to the game now, okay? I already make phone calls to your parents and they will coming here in 2 hours.” said Mr. Kim, then leave.

 

“Oppa, here’s some water,” said Bona, offered him a glass of water.

 

“Bona-ya, thank you,” Wonho replied, “Did you called your parents that you’re here now?”

 

“Yes, and they said that I have to take a good care of my boyfriend,” said Bona, smiled. “Oppa, you don’t have to worry about my studies, okay? If you’re not believe I’ll bring my homeworks here so you can watch me study.”

 

“Bona-ya.. You don’t have to worry about me so much, babe,” said Wonho, cared her hair, “Just being my girlfriend and talk to me everything that happens to you is already makes me happy.”

 

“Oppa,” said Bona, in his arms, “I’m so lucky to have you, you know?”

 

“Yes I know, my princess..” Wonho replied, still cared her, “I’m so lucky to have you too, babe.”

 

 


 

“Wonho-ya! Are you alright?” asked his mother directly as soon as she saw her child.

 

“I’m okay, Mom.. don’t worry.”

 

“Well, thanks to you and Mr. Kim, Wonho is safe right now because of you guys..” said Mr. Shin, Wonho’s father.

 

“Yes, Bona-ya, you are such a good girlfriend to my son, don’t you?” said Mrs. Shin.

 

“Ah, it’s nothing, Mrs. Shin,” Bona lowered her head.

 

“Well, we met the doctor before we got here, and he asked us to come to his workroom to see what happened to you, okay? Bona-ya, we leave him to you.” said Mr. Shin.

 

“Don’t worry, Mr. Shin,” Bona replied.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Shin rushed to Doctor Park’s, the doctor who helped Wonho.

 

“Hello, Mr. Park?”

 

“Yes, it’s me. Welcome, you must be Wonho’s father,” Doctor Park replied.

 

“So, Doctor Park, what is going on with my son?” asked Mrs. Shin, worried.

 

“Well, I don’t know what to start, but, I must say that your son’s condition might get weaker and weaker all day if he’s still in the club. His heart rate was so dangerous at the game that it could kill him if he tried harder. I suggest that he should quit because he can’t do the heavy sports such as basketball.” explained Doctor Park.

 

“Oh my God.. why it is happening to him..” said Mrs. Shin, “Do you have more suggestions, Doctor Park?”

 

“Well, that’s the important one, and, how should I say this?”

 

“What is it, Doctor Park?” asked Mr. Shin.

 

“His heart is getting weaker not because of the exercise, but also from the air. When his heart is working harder than it should, he will taking more oxygen than he should too. The sad thing is, when he exercised, he can’t do that because of the air condition here, in Seoul, and it hurts his lungs too, alongside with his heart. So, I am really sorry for saying this,” said Doctor Park, looked down, “but I suggest that he should move to a village with good air condition, because it helps him to recover his heart rate and also his lungs.”

 

“Oh my God.. how he would be if we tell him this? If he should quit, I think he will be fine because it’s for his health. But moving.. Is there any option to cure him except moving, Doctor Park?” asked Mrs. Shin, gasped, “He would be really sad if he know this.”


“I don’t think he have another option besides that, Mrs. Shin,” Doctor Park replied, “I am really sorry for what happened to your son, Mr. and Mrs. Shin.”