Chapter 4

HOME

5.05 p.m.

 

It’s been 5 minutes since Kihyun rides his bicycle - he’s going to the supermarket in the same direction of his way home. He puts his bicycle, take his wallet out from his bag and going inside the supermarket.

 

“Kiwi 1 kg, apple 1 kg, strawberry 1 kg, mango 1 kg.. What else do I need?” said Kihyun, looking inside his shopping cart.

 

“Kihyun-oppa!”

 

“Oh, hi,” Kihyun replied, “Wheein-ah, what do you buy here?”

 

“Just some snacks and foods for breakfast, because my parents are still not coming home tomorrow so I have to buy or my younger sister will annoy me more if I’m not coming home without these.”

 

“By the way, here,” Kihyun give her lunchbox back. “I’m sorry I couldn’t clean it before I give to you but, thanks..”

 

“It’s okay, Oppa, it should be me who said thanks because you ate my food, hehe..” Wheein smiled, she’s flustered to say those things. “By the way, is the food delicious? I’m so sorry once again, next time I will find a way to give you lunch without Kwangji-oppa knows, I promise.”

 

“You’re such a good cook, Wheein-ah, thank you so much..” Kihyun smiled, he can’t resist her cuteness. “You don’t have to worry about me. Do you still remember when we got home late because of rain?”

 

“Yes! When your bag is becoming so wet and you have to change with your little brother’s bag the next day?”

 

“Yes. And you know what? My mom keeps asking me why a girl’s lunchbox is inside my bag. You know that my mom is strict about relationship things, right?”

 

“Oh yes, I’m sorry for that..” Wheein looked down, didn’t want to meet his eyes.

 

“Well, are you still looking anything else to buy or just pay?” Kihyun cleared his throat, try to move to another topic.

 

“I’m done, Oppa. Come on!”

 

After they paid their groceries, they’re going to the bicycle parking.

 

“Wheein-ah, bye!”

 

“Kihyun-oppa, where do you wanna head to? My home is going left from here.. Let’s go together.” said Wheein, followed Kihyun.

 

“Well, I thought our homes are in different directions.. What is the name of the residential area you live in, Wheein-ah?”

 

“Ivory, Block C. Why? Do you wanna stop for a while?” asked Wheein, her eyes are shining.

 

“No, why should I do that? I have a night course near my home, and I can’t be late.” Kihyun replied shortly.

 

“But you’re already smart, Kihyun-oppa.. You don’t have to take the course everyday, I guess.. I mean you’re in the top 5 again, isn’t that cool?”

 

“Thanks, Wheein-ah.. But still, I need to study harder for this. I wanna make my mom proud of me,” Kihyun replied. “Thanks so much for caring me, I’m okay. Do I look like a stressful student to you?”

 

“If you do, then why are you still wanna talking to me?” Wheein smiled. “Thank you for being my friend, Kihyun-oppa.”

 

‘It should be me who said thanks to you, Wheein-ah..’ said Kihyun inside his head.

 


 

2 weeks has passed, and now Wonho is preparing himself to go to his school, spending one more week before he moved to Pyeongchang. He sat at the long chair in front of his class and just checking his phone, while suddenly his girlfriend came up to him.

 

“Wonho-oppa!”

 

“Oh, hi,” Wonho smiled to her, “You look so cheerful today, babe.”

 

“Of course! I miss you so much at the school, you know?” Bona hugged his right hand, and sat beside him.

 

“This cutie.. By the way, how’s your project babe? Did it go well so far?”

 

“Yup! I got so many help from my friends, so don’t worry. Hyungwon-oppa is helping too, but we’re still not talk to each other. He’s just so awkward,” Bona replied. “By the way, I just met Changkyun this morning and he said to me that he wanna meet you when you’re going back to school. It’s about the basketball, and I think you really need to go see him, Oppa.”

 

“Okay, tell him I will meet him at the basketball court, lunch break,” said Wonho. “See you later, babe.”

 

Ting tong!

 

“Changkyun-ah, what’s up?”

 

“Hyung!” Changkyun ran to Wonho, “How’s your condition now?”

 

“I’m good, thanks. How’s the game then? Did you guys win?”

 

“We won because of you, hyung,” Changkyun replied. “If you’re not making so many goals at the First Round, I think we wouldn’t make it.”

 

“You’re just being fanatic to me again, Changkyun-ah,” said Wonho, smiled.

 

“Hyung, by the way, I wanna to ask you something.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Hyung, are you gonna be transferred to another school? I’m so sorry to asked you this, but I need to know it from you. When I passed the principal room few days ago, I can’t help but listening to your mom’s transferring proposal..” said Changkyun, looked down.

 

“I’m so sorry, Changkyun-ah. I will moved to another school outside Seoul because of my health. I thought I can do the therapy here but the fact is I couldn’t,” Wonho replied, he felt sorry to him.

 

“Hyung, I will miss you as my captain, my senior, and my friend..” Changkyun suddenly hugged him, and Wonho didn’t protest but accepted his hug. “You don’t need to worry hyung, I will keep contacting you and keep Bona safe from other boys.”

 

“Thanks so much Changkyun-ah.. And about Bona, don’t let her know all of this. I don’t wanna make her sad, it’s only one week left until her project’s done,” said Wonho.

 

“But it’s just making her even sadder if you’re not going to tell her about this, hyung,” Changkyun replied, “I think you should let her know, the bitter the truth is.”

 

“No, it’s better be like this. You have to promise me not to tell about this to her too, okay?” Wonho begged, “please, for me.”

 

“Well, okay, because you insist,” said Changkyun, “but if she really asking me and she threatens me, I will tell her the truth, hyung.”

 


 

“Hi, babe,” said Wonho, “are you not suppose to meet with your project team?”

 

“Oppa,” Bona pouted, “I take this time today just want to hanging out with you, and you reminded me of them again..”

 

“Work is work, babe,” Wonho replied, “We can hang out later. Finish what you have to do first.”

 

“Oppa, what’s wrong with you? I really miss Oppa, can you just appreciate me taking some time to go out with you?” asked Bona, angry.

 

“Bona-ya, it’s not that I don’t appreciate it, but you have to be very focus on what you’re doing now. I miss you too, babe, but I will wait until your work is done, okay?” Wonho pats her head to calm her down.

 

“Bona-ya! Are you not going to the project discussion today?” asked Sojung, Bona’s friend.

 

“Wait, I’ll go with you,” Bona replied, just turned her back to Wonho without saying anything.

 

‘Well, I make her mood bad again..’ said Wonho inside his head.