Chapter 6

HOME

“Okay, now all your things are on its place. From now on, you will live here until you’re graduate, so you have to listen and be good to your aunt, okay?”

 

“Don’t worry, I will,” Wonho replied, smiled. “Thank you so much to take one day off for me and help me move here, Dad.”

 

“It’s okay, I usually give my employees a day off or two when they need to do something important outside work, so I think they will understand,” he patted Wonho’s head. “You’re my son after all, and what else could a father do to his son except teaching him grow as a man?”

 

Wonho didn’t reply his father’s words, but he knows that deeply in his heart he’s really thankful to have such parents like them.

 

“Jihee-nuna! Wonho and I will go out for lunch and buy some things that he need for a while, do you need something to buy?”

 

“No, I’m good! Thank you for asking, Hyunwoo-ya. Be careful guys!” Wonho’s aunt answered them from the kitchen.

 


 

“Wonho-ya, I need you to go find towel, toilet paper, bucket and some hangers for your clothes,” his father looked at a list that he made. “I will be at the food section, okay?”

 

“Okay, sir,” Wonho replied to his father, his right hand gestured a salute. “Will coming to you in 15 minutes.”

 

Wonho took an empty trolley near the entrance gate and when he went backward, suddenly he bumped into someone behind him.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Wonho bowed, not looking at the person’s eyes.

 

The person didn’t answer but just looking at him. “Who does he think he is, apologizing like that?”

 

Wonho then took a towel, a bucket and some hangers as his father said. When he arrived at paper section, he almost got toilet paper, except..

 

“Sorry, but I’m first,” the person took the toilet paper that left and put it inside his trolley.

 

“Hey, could you please be more respectful? Your trolley hit me and you don’t even apologize properly.” Wonho said, he looked angry.

 

“Oh really? I just did the same thing as you did when you took your trolley 10 minutes ago, so I think we’re equal, right?” the person answered him, this time he looked into Wonho’s eyes.

 

Their eyes met for 5 seconds, before Wonho finally answered the person.

 

“Well, I thought I already apologized to you? Come on, don’t make this problem bigger, Man.” Wonho turned his back away from him, which made the person mad.

 

“What did you say to me?” The person grabbed Wonho’s right shoulder. “Who do you think you are, huh? Being cocky to a stranger that you should apologize?”

 

“Hey!” Wonho dumped the person’s away from his body. “You wanna fight with me?”

 

“Wonho-ya!” Wonho’s father called his name. “Don’t mess with him and just go.”

 

“Alright,” Wonho took his trolley away. “If I see you again, I will make sure to let that happen.”

 

“Go ahead, Wonho-ssi,” the person replied him, smiled. “I’m not afraid.”

 


 

15.35 p.m.

 

Wonho and his father arrived at his aunt’s home.

 

“Jihee-nuna, we’re back!” his father shouted from the front door.

 

“Oh, you guys finally came. Here, I made this to you and my sister, and send her my greetings from me, okay?” his aunt give a muffin cake to his father.

 

“Thank you so much, Nuna, you don’t have to make this for us,” his father bowed to her, smiled. “Sure I will give her your greetings, Nuna, don’t worry.”

 

“By the way, my first son Haneul will come here few days later, so do you mind to share room with him, Wonho-ya?”

 

“Really? Haneul-hyung will come?” Wonho answered, his eyes sparkled knowing that his inspiring cousin will spend his holiday time with him.

 

“Yes, why would I lie to you? You know, because now he's living far away from Korea and has a job there, so I think his room can be used as another guest room, before you finally move here.”

 

“I’m really okay with that, Aunt Jihee! I miss him so much, it’s been a long time since the last time I saw him.”

 

A phone’s ringing and it came from Wonho’s father pocket.

 

“Sorry, I need to pick up the call,” his father gestured his right hand with his phone. “Hello, Sir, what can I help with you?”

 

“Well, your father is being busy again,” Jihee went back to the kitchen. “Anyways, when will you start your school, Wonho-ya?”

 

“In three days, Aunt Jihee. Tomorrow I need to go to the school for paying the remaining tuition and and the next day I will get my school uniform,” Wonho replied. “Also, my dad asked me to ride a bicycle here, so where do you think I should go to buy one?”

 

“Ah, you can go to the nearest ACE Hardware store, it’s only two blocks from here,” his aunt gestured her hand, giving some directions to him.

 

“Jihee-nuna, I think I need to go back to Seoul now. My boss just called me and he asked me to hurry because tomorrow morning the representative of one of companies that want to build cooperation with us will come to our company,” Hyunwoo suddenly interrupted the conversation, he looked serious.

 

“Okay, be careful Hyunwoo-ya! And don’t forget to give my message to my sister!”

 

“Sure, Nuna. Wonho-ya, be good to your aunt and always listens for what she said. If you’re running out of your money don’t hesitate to tell me, okay?” Wonho’s father hugged his son tightly.

 

“Sure. Don’t worry too much, and be careful on your way back home, Dad.” Wonho waved his right hand to his father before he went inside his car and leave.

 


 

9.30 a.m.

 

Wonho’s alarm is ringing - a sign that he should wake up. Yes, he must pay for the remaining tuition to his new school in that town. He looked at his phone, checked for some new messages from his friend and perhaps, from his ex-girlfriend.

 

He still checked and refreshing the page on his phone many times, before finally he stood up, left his phone on his bed and went to the bathroom.

 

“Ah, why I’m still sleepy by this time,”

 

He took his toothbrush, put some toothpaste on it, and he put it inside his mouth. He’s so sleepy that he couldn’t hear his aunt calling him for 5 minutes.

 

“Wonho-ya! Are you up already?” Wonho can hear his aunt’s footsteps toward his room. “Wonho-ya, are you in the bathroom?”

 

“Yes, Aunt Jihee! I’m so sorry I just woke up now,” Wonho replied from the bathroom.

 

“It’s okay. I need to go to work now and nobody will be at home except you for now, so I think I should give you the extra key of this house before I leave. Also, I give you my bicycle key too, in case you need to go somewhere pretty far from here. I put these keys on your desk, okay?” his aunt put the keys on the desk and checked on her wristwatch. “I’d better go now. Anyways, I made breakfast for you and don’t forget to eat that, Wonho-ya!”

 

“Thank you so much, Aunt Jihee!”

 

Few minutes after he was getting ready to leave, he realized a familiar sweater was hanging on clothesline, next to his aunt’s house.

 

“I think I’ve ever saw that sweater, but where..?”