It takes time to realise your feelings towards someone

Jessicaxyou oneshots

It takes time to realise your feelings towards someone

Character:

Sunhee (OC)

Jessica Jung

Tyler Kwon

Kim Taeyeon

School AU

Sunhee’s POV
It was just like any other day. I’d go to school, get the lessons done with and go home to finally get a good rest after a day of learning and studying. I exited my mom’s car and waved at her as she drove off. I sighed. Well, here goes nothing. I entered the school compound and immediately, I felt someone jumping on my back. I smelt a familiar perfume radiating from the person. Jessica. I chuckled lightly and pulled her down gently. She grinned from ear to ear.

“Hey, you ready for another day of school?” She said cheerfully.

“Ugh. It’s still morning, Jessi. Stop rubbing your energy on me. I might go insane.” I groaned. Sometimes I wonder how she got all that energy in that small body of hers. She rolled her eyes and placed her arm around my neck.

“You’ve got to be kidding me. The school is quite pleasant and having you beside me is another thing that adds to it.” She said, winking at me and walking off. What does she mean by that? There’s no way she likes me, right? I shook my head at the thought of it.

I heard Jessica calling out for me. I quickly walked inside and immediately I was overwhelmed with the huge number of people around. I felt someone grabbing my wrist gently, pulling me to the lockers area. It was obviously Jessica. I stood beside her as she rummaged through her locker, finding her books for the subject that she has for the first 2 periods. I casually placed my back on my locker, which was beside hers. I heard girls screaming and shouting out peoples' names. I rolled my eyes. It has to be the jocks. I blocked out the noises and waited for Jessica to be done.

I felt a presence near me and looked up to see one of the jocks, Tyler Kwon standing in front of Jessica. I glared at him and looked at Jessica blushing. I clenched my fist and looked down, feeling disheartened. Of course, she likes him, not me. I'm just her best friend. I sighed heavily as I heard their conversation.

"H-Hey Tyler. Is there anything that I can help you with?" Jessica asked with her face turning extremely red. Tyler smirked as he came closer towards her, placing his hands on her hips. I glared at the skin contact. I came closer towards him and slapped his hand away.

"Don't come near her, douche. She's uncomfortable with the way you're touching her." I growled. I felt Jessica placing her hands on my shoulder. I glanced at her and her face was slightly angry.

"I don't need your help, Sunhee. I know what I'm doing. Stop trying to be overprotective. You're just my best friend. You're supposed to be supportive of me, not the other way around." She hissed. I softened and looked down, nodding my head slightly before moving away from the both of them. Step by step, I felt my heart breaking and tears started welling up in my eyes. I quickly entered my first subject classroom and sat at the back and placed my head on the table as I started sobbing. Is this how it feels like to be rejected by someone that you like?

The bell rang and a lot of people started coming into the class. I wiped my tears away and looked up with a straight face. I saw Jessica and Tyler standing outside the classroom. Jessica kissed his cheek and I could've sworn that Tyler smirked right after she did that. That bastard. He will just play with her feelings. I rolled my eyes and looked in front, not even bothering to look at Jessica who was sitting next to me.

The day passed by quickly than any other days. Well, thank god. I can't stand looking at the both of them being closer to each other. Once the dismissal bell rang, I quickly took off and went out of the school, not even caring about Jessica. My mom arrived earlier than usual for some reason, but I was thankful she did because I'm sure Jessica will be searching for me. I hopped into the car and my mom drove off.

In the next few days, Jessica started ignoring me and giving me dirty looks as Tyler whispered to her about something. I shook my head at her disappointingly. I don't know what Tyler has been saying to her, and I know for sure that it's about me. Jessica and I hadn't been talking to each other for more than a week and even if we were to argue, it wouldn't take long for the both of us to be together again. I sighed heavily as I stared at the ceiling in the bedroom. How am I suppose to survive when I see her every single day. Worse case scenario, her locker is right beside me. I facepalmed. Oh, great. 

5 months later

In a span of 5 months, my mom bought me a car for my birthday. And guess what? Jessica did not wish me at all. I mean, I kind of figured that she wouldn't wish me at all, considering that she has been ignoring me for 5 months. Being disheartened was an understatement. I shook my head, snapping myself from daydreaming. I quickly drove to school, not wanting to be late. I parked my car and ran as fast as I can towards my class when I bumped into someone. I fell down and groaned. Damn, that hurts. I got up to see someone on the floor in front of me. I gasped and quickly offered my hand to pull her up to her feet. She stood up and looked at me before her eyes started widening.

"O-Oh, my god. I'm so sorry, Sunhee. I didn't mean - " I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, it's fine. It happens, but I think it was my fault, actually. I wasn't aware of my surrounding." I said as I rubbed my nape. She laughed lightly before shaking her head. The bell rang and I looked at my watch.

"Oh, damn. I'm late for my class. I'll catch up with you soon. See you around..."

"Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon." She said while smiling. I blushed and nodded, making my way towards my classroom. I sat beside Jessica, as per usual.

"So, who's that girl?" I heard her ask. I arched my brows at her. Well, that's a first in 5 months.

"Which girl?" She rolled her eyes.

"That girl you were talking to earlier." Realization hit me.

"Oh, Taeyeon. Why?" She shrugged.

"No reason. Just curious." I shrugged and looked ahead. Days passed by and Taeyeon and I have been bonding with each other, getting closer day by day. She has an intelligent mind, no doubt. But I couldn't help and compare Taeyeon with Jessica. They're not the same and I find myself not able to move on from Jessica.

It wasn't until one day, Jessica came over to my house, knocking on the door almost breaking it. I quickly went downstairs and opened the door.

"Geez, do you know what time it is? My mom's asleep and - Jessica? What are you doing here?" I asked. Confusion was written all over my face. She started sobbing and hugged me all of a sudden. I wrapped my arms around her enjoying her warmth and her scent. It drives me crazy. It made me miss her even more. I pulled her in and placed her on the sofa as she was still sobbing. I rubbed her back soothingly.

"T-Tyler. H-He cheated on me. He was just playing around. He played with my feelings, Sunhee. I can't believe he would do such thing. I'm so sorry, Sunhee. Call me dumb and stupid, but I'm really sorry. I should've believed you in the first place." She snuggled closer towards me. I placed my chin on her head as I comforted her. 

The days went on, Jessica and I started being closer once again. I was more than happy to be there for her. I started falling in love deeper than before. We were eating at the cafeteria when I felt a tap on the shoulder.

"Oh, Taeyeon. Hey. Sorry, I didn't pick you up today. I have to help Jessica with some issues. I totally forgot. Forgive me." I apologized. Taeyeon just looked at me and gave me a piece of paper, blushing.

"I have to go." I saw Taeyeon glancing at Jessica and flinching before walking away quickly. I arched my brows. What in the world? I looked at Jessica and I saw her all flustered.

"Whoa, you alright?" She nodded quickly as she took a sip of her water before motioning me to look at the piece of the paper. Well, what's the harm of having her here and reading it too? I shrugged and unfolded the paper and read the content. I felt myself blushing. It was a whole paragraph of how she has been liking me for the past few months and how she has been looking at me from afar. I started feeling sympathetic because I didn't have any feelings for her. Yes, I do like her, but only as a friend.

"Is it alright if you go to class first? I have to find Taeyeon." I said, getting up to find her before I felt Jessica pulling my wrist gently.

"Do you like her too?" She asked, looking at me with a look that I couldn't decipher. 
"I have to find her now before the next class. I'll see you later, Sica." I kissed her head before searching for her around the school compound. I finally found her in front of her locker, searching for her stuff. I walked towards her and tapped her shoulder. She turned and looked shocked to see me. She looked at my hands and blushed. She attempted to walk away from me but I blocked her path and pushed her towards the locker.

"Don't. And whatever I'm going to tell you right now, hopefully we will still be friends. I enjoyed my time around you and I do not have any feelings towards you. I'm really sorry, but -" I was cut off when I felt her lips on my cheek. She blushed.

"It's alright. I get it. I know you like Jessica. It's so obvious and I think it's quite cute. Go and confess, I'm sure she likes you too. Don't worry, we'll still be friends. Thanks for those awesome times together, though. We should hang out sometimes." I nodded and kissed her head. I mean, it's just a friend gesture, so why not. She walked away and I sighed in relief. Now, I need to find Jessica. As I was about to walk away, I felt someone pulling me by the shirt and pushing me towards the lockers.

"Whoa, there. What's wrong, Jessica?"

"You had the nerves the kiss her head and let her kiss your cheek? That's all mine. You hear me, Sunhee? God, the things that you do. All these while I thought I was going insane into thinking that maybe the feelings that I got from you was something normal, but no. I was jealous whenever Taeyeon gets to make you smile and stuff. I-I like you, Sunhee. Ugh." She said as she looked down, a tear rolling down her cheek. I placed a finger under her chin, which made her look at me.

"Hey, I think the feelings' mutual." I said, winking before kissing her.

 

 

Sorry this  took longer than expected. I started writing this later than expected. So, sorry if there were any mistakes and hope you enjoy this oneshot. 

Requested by: YoonJihoo (It's nice to see you on my comment section again. :) )