It's never too late.

Jessicaxyou oneshots

 

It's never too late

 

The sun was shining brightly. The traffic was busy, cars honking, people talking. The weather was extremely good, considering the humidity was killing me even if I was in an air-conditioned room. I sighed heavily as I started focusing on my work. Correcting errors, trading online. It has been this way ever since. For 3 years, I'd constantly bury myself in my works, not even caring about my well-being or even others, which was extremely bad. For example, right now. I'm working on the latest project and I have to complete it by this week, and it has been hell for me. I leaned back on my chair and massaged my temple. This is so stressful. My phone started ringing, catching me off-guard. I hastily took my phone which was on my table and answered.

"Hello? How may I help you?" I asked cautiously, not knowing who is on the phone, talking to me. I heard a chuckle from the other recipient.

"What? Hey, it's me, Jessi. Oh, my god. You haven't been sleeping, haven't you?" She asked. 

"God, Jessi. You scared the hell out of me. I thought it was some kidnapper or something. And no, I haven't. I don't think I could, with the project still not done. Such a burden. The boss knows that I have a lot on my plate, but yet, here he is, giving me a workload." I grumbled.

"Stop complaining, would you? In case you forgot, the boss is also my boyfriend. So, whatever you're saying about him right now, I can tell him." She teased. I rolled my eyes.

"You love me too much to do such things, Sica," I smirked. I heard her groaned.

"Yeah, right. Anyway, you up for some dinner tonight? Stop by my house, I'll cook your favorite meal. And hopefully, you'd be able to sleep properly, dreaming about the delicious food that I made." I rolled my eyes once again.

"Don't flatter yourself too much, Jess. Anyway, I have to go now. I still have to finish up a few documents. Make sure you tell your boyfriend to stop giving me a lot of stress. I know how much he hates me. Thanks." I groaned. I heard her laugh. God, her beautiful laugh. I can hear it all day.  I heard her say 'Goodbye' before hanging up. I placed my phone on the desk before proceeding to finish up all the documents.

2 hours later.

I cracked my joints and stretched myself before standing up and packed my stuff. I carried my suitcase and exited the room, not forgetting to lock it. I texted Jessica that I'm on my way to her house. I walked down the corridor, looking around the office. Damn, such hard workers they are. I took the elevator and pressed the button to go to the parking lot. The elevator dinged and I walked towards my car. I unlocked my car and placed my suitcase on the backseat before making my way to the driver seat, inserting my key into the ignition switch, hearing the car roar. I smiled at the sound of it. I have always loved cars as a child. I drove off and headed towards Jessica's house. Once I arrived, I parked my car in front of her and made my way to the front door and rang the doorbell. I heard footsteps coming nearer and the door opened, revealing Jessica in her pajamas. Even in her pajamas, she looked breathtaking. My face turned crimson as she noticed me checking her out. I saw her smirked as she pulled me in, ushering me to her kitchen. 

I smelt my favorite food from afar. I walked to the dining table and saw most of my favorite food aligned on the table. I looked at her in confusion.

"You cooked all of this?" She rolled her eyes.

"Um, hello? If I did, the whole house would probably be destroyed. Sorry, but I can't cook. I thought you knew that by now." She said while making her way towards the opposite side of me and sat down. I did the same and my nostrils were attacked with the aroma of the delicious food. I took my time to eat as I would glance at her every now and then. Her beauty is indescribable. I was too immersed staring at her beauty that I didn't realize she was looking straight at me. Her eyes met mine and I quickly look away and ate quickly, wanting to leave this place already. I offered to wash plates that were used and I sat down on the sofa and sipped the tea that she had made for me. She sat next to me and we started chatting comfortably. 

I heard the doorbell ringing. I arched my brows at her. 

"Were you expecting anyone?" She shook her head, heading towards the door. I did the same, in case something happens. She opened the door and her boyfriend stood outside. Another reason why I never confessed to her. Tyler (sorry but he's the only one that came into my mind. No offense to anybody who likes Tyler Kwon. ;_; ) came closer towards Jessica and pecked her lips, leaving his hands on her hips. I clenched my fist in fury, but who am I to feel this way? I'm just her best friend. 

"Hey, babe. What - Wait, why is she here?!" Tyler bellowed. I saw Jessica  flinching and Tyler's hands were gripping tightly on to Jessica's waist. As I was about to move closer, Jessica placed her hands on my shoulder,  shaking her head. 

"You have to leave." She said coldly. I looked at her with arched brows.

"What's wrong? What did I do wrong?" She shook her head and pulled my wrist gently.

"You seriously have to go." I looked at her, searching for the reason of her behavior. Once again, she shook her head and signaled me to go. I looked down and nodded, walking away with a heavy heart. Something isn't right, but she has made it clear. I entered my car, started it and drove back home. The next day, I tried calling her but she wouldn't pick up. Texting her would probably be the same. I drove to her house and it seems like no one was inside. I sighed heavily and punched the door. Where can she be? And most importantly, where is Tyler? It was the same for 2 weeks. Days turned to weeks. Weeks turned to months. I couldn't reach out to her.

2 months later.

I was a mess. I was in disarray. Ever since Jessica and Tyler were missing, I couldn't sleep well. It got me worried. I haven't been coming to work often. I stopped going to work and just mope around. I heard the door being knocked frantically. I shot up from the sofa and scurried towards the door, opening it, I thought my heart stopped beating. In front of me, stood Jessica. Her eyes were bloodshot. Her nose was red. I embraced her tightly, afraid that she would leave me after this. I felt her arm wrapped around my neck. I inhaled her scent and kissed her head a few times. For the first time, I felt at ease. She's here. In my arms. That's all I need. I pulled her in and sat her down.

"Where have you been, Jess? God, I was so effing worried about you. I was a mess. Do you know what you're doing to me? You left me without saying a word. Not even a goodbye. Such a best friend you are, huh." I huffed. She looked at me with guilt. She ran her hands through her hair.

"I-I was with Tyler. I thought I could trust him. He told me that he was bringing me somewhere for a vacation. So, I followed. We did enjoy our time, not until he requested to have, um. ual , let's just say that. And I was dumb enough not to say no. We did it. I found out later, I was p-pregnant." She looked down and started tearing up. I softened and sat down next to her, holding her close to me, comforting her. I caressed her back soothingly.

"What was his reaction?" I asked hesitantly. 

"He was furious. He told me to abort it, or else, he wouldn't want anything to do with me. I couldn't abort it. It's my blood and flesh. I'm not that heartless like him. I kept it and he told his personal driver to drive me back here. I didn't know where else to go, so here I am." I shook my head and clenched my fist. How could he do something like  this? I was beyond mad. I stayed with her until she fell asleep.

I carried her upstairs and placed her gently on my bed. I tucked her in and kissed her forehead.

"I'll take care of you, Sica. I'll always be here. I love you." I whispered before heading downstairs. I'm determined to take care of her. Day by day, we started being closer and my feelings were growing as the days goes on. It wasn't until I accidently kissed her. She was about to fall and I managed to get a hold onto her and our faces were close and I pressed my lips towards hers. She reciprocated and she confessed while blushing, saying that she was grateful and that she has started liking me ever since I started taking care of her. I blushed and confessed too. 4 months later, I decided to propose so that we could be a happy family for our future child. She accepted my proposal and we got married a month later. I can't wait for the child to be delivered. We're going to be a happy family, I'm sure of it. 

"You may kiss the bride." And I did.

 

Phew. This is finally done. Enjoy and have a nice day :)

Requested by: JooKaKa (thanks for requesting :) and I hope this satisfied you.)