Mended Heart.

Jessicaxyou oneshots

 

 

Mended Heart

 

Characters:

Park Jiyeon (OC)

Kim Taeyeon

Jessica

School AU

 

Jiyeon’s POV

“Jiyeon-ah, I love you” I blushed, looking down feeling shy. Taeyeon searched for my eyes and pouted.

“You’re so adorable. I need to go now. See you soon, love.” She pecked my lips and jogged towards her car and waved as she drove off. With a wide grin plastered on my face, I waved back and quickly walked into my house. As I locked the door, the house was engulfed with silence. I sighed and switched the lights on. I trudged towards the kitchen, looking for something to munch on. I took the last apple that was on the table and took a bite as I sat on the kitchen table. As I daydreamed, my phone vibrated, which brought back to reality instantly. I tilted my head in confusion. Who would be calling me right now?  I looked at my phone and instantly my mood brightened.

“Sica!” I shouted. I heard Jessica snickering.

“You didn’t have to yell my name. I know that’s my name. Calm down, will you? Anyways, can I drop by your house?”

“Now?”

“Um. No. Next year. Just planning ahead, you know.” I could visualize her just rolling her eyes at me. I giggled.

“I’ll just pretend I didn’t sense that sarcasm coming from you.”

“So?”

“You do know we have school tomorrow, right?”

“You know what? I’m on my way. Bye.”

Wait, what? S –“The line was cut off. I facepalmed and shook my head as I smiled.

Taking a final bite from the apple, I threw it in the bin and washed my hands before walking towards the living room. I switched on the television, changing channels every now and then, nothing sparked my interest. I stopped on a channel that was showing tons of animal and spent the remaining minutes, thinking to myself just how lucky I am to have found happiness this quick in life.

My thoughts were cut short as the doorbell rang. I rushed and opened the door, engulfing whoever standing in front of me in a warm embrace. Her scent welcomed me and I could just melt in her embrace forever. I felt her vibrating. I frowned and pulled away at an arm’s length, only to see her giggling to herself. I looked at her weirdly,

“What’s so funny?” I pouted and pushed her away, sulking.

“You’re so adorable, you know? Nothing’s funny. I just find it amusing that you’d always do this every single time we see each other. Not that I’m complaining.” She shrugged while smirking. I tilted my head,

“What, you mean hugging you?” She nodded while humming and pushed me aside to let herself in.

I rolled my eyes and closed the door behind me as I saw her laying down on the sofa, watching whatever’s on the television. She looked at me briefly when I entered the living room and patted the space beside her. I rolled my eyes playfully and shooked my head. She glared at me and once again patted it, angrily this time. Instantly, I was by her side, placing my head on her shoulder, sighing softly.

“What’s bothering you, Ji?” I shook my head as I played with her fingers, finding comfort in doing so. She turned towards me, pulling her hands away from me, getting a whine from me in which she gave her famous glare once again. She then did something that made me feel some type of way – something that I should never have felt towards someone other than Taeyeon. She placed a finger under my chin and directed me to look at her, not noticing how close we were. My breath hitched and I couldn’t look away from her. Everything was and still is beautiful about her.

“I’ve known you as long as Taeyeon, Ji. I know when you’re lying to me. You know you can tell me anything, right?”

“I-I just have some doubts about my relationship with Tae, but don’t get me wrong, I love Taeyeon, but this past few days have been quite difficult for us. Sure we will have our moments where she’d get romantic but there were also times where she’d suddenly give me cold shoulder and say some things that would hurt me. It’s like a cycle. After hurting me, she’d get all romantic and I’d forgive her in a beat because deep down, I love her, so much it hurts sometimes.” I sighed as a tear rolled down my eye.

“Hey, if it makes you feel better, I’ll talk to her for you. I’m her friend anyway, so you don’t have to worry about Taeyeon being mad at you or anything for saying too much about your relationship problems to me.” She smiled softly, though there was something else in her eyes – hesitation, but it was gone the minute I saw it. She caressed my cheek and looked at me with so much care and love? I shook my head and reminded myself that I shouldn’t feel this way towards her and I have Taeyeon.

“Thank you, Jess. You’ve done a lot for me and I don’t know how to repay you. God, I don’t even know what I’d do if you’re not here.” I felt relieved.

“You know I’d do anything for you. Anything. You don’t have to repay me, silly. What are friends for? Though there is one thing I need to ask of you.” She trailed off, her face looking serious.

“You’re scaring me, Jess. What is it?” She looked at me, eyes darting around my features before shaking her head.

“In the near future, if ever anything happens, just know I care a lot about you and I will be there for you. I have no intentions whatsoever to hurt you in any form possible. I hope you’d forgive me if I ever hurt you.” I looked at her, puzzled.

“What are you trying to say, Jess? What’s going to happen in the near future? Why are you going hurt me? What’s really going on?” I panicked. She smiled in reassurance and pulled me closer, kissing my forehead.

“C’mon, show me some of the art work that you’ve been drawing for the past few weeks. I bet they look amazing.”

A month later

The bell rang indicating the start of the next period. I quickly packed my things and walking over to my locker. It’s free period for me, which means I’m able to do whatever I want for the remaining hour. I unlocked my locker and proceeded to place a few things in before closing it. As I was walking through the hallway, someone bumped into me resulting the both of us to land on the floor.

I could hear the person standing up and left without apologising. I rolled my eyes and sighed in annoyance. The nerves of these people. I stood up and dusted myself off. I looked to my left to see the bathroom. I took a step, only to stop on my track as I felt something under the sole of my shoe. I moved away and took a closer look. A note. I took it and debated whether to read it or not. It doesn’t hurt to take a peek. It read:

Urgent group meeting. Meet at our usual hangout -the roof. Make sure no one sees this note.

-K.T

I arched my brows, thinking hard about what I just read. I have free period anyways. I can just sneak and listen. If they don’t know, I won’t get in any trouble. I crumpled the paper and threw it in the nearest bin before heading towards the stairway, going up the steps. As I arrived at my destination, I stood behind the door, hearing multiple voices conversing in a hushed manner.

I placed my ear onto the door, my heart beating at such a fast rate, suspense engulfing the air. I tried to recognise the voice as it sounded familiar to me. Where have I heard this voice? Wait. Taeyeon?

“Taeyeon, don’t tell me you fell for that girl.”

“Seriously? No one would want that girl. Man, if she was the last person on earth, I’d rather die than be with her.” My heart stopped beating, everything started to move in slow-motion as I pushed the door opened with tears running down my face. I looked at the very girl that held my heart, the one whom I trust with my whole being.

“D-Did you mean that?” She looked at me with hesitation before smirking.

“Jiyeon, you’d really think someone would love you? Isn’t that why your parents left you? They realised how unworthy you are to them so they left. You’re such an easy target to play with. Such a naïve girl in such a cruel world, don’t you think?” She looked over at Jessica.

“R-right, I think that’s enough, Tae. You’ve done enough damage. You’ve got what you wanted. Leave her alone, will you. She doesn’t deserve this and you know that. Trying to fit in but instead you hurt someone that genuine care for you. I knew this was wrong from the start and I’ve told you how terrible this idea is, but you’d brush me away. Was it worth it?” Jessica looked at Taeyeon with such fury.

“Ah, the heroine has arrived. Say, how long have you been in love with her though you knew she was into me? Did that hurt? I bet it does, but hey, at the end of the day, evil or not, cruel or not, she picked me, not you. Plus, guess what? She hates you now as well, so stop with the act and realise that she’d never fall in love with you.” Taeyeon glanced at the both of us, a smug look plastered on her face.

Jessica looked at me, sadness and realisation on her face. She looked away, though I noticed tears rolling down her eyes. The rest of the girls that were with Taeyeon left, not before sniggering and leaving nasty remarks at me. I closed my eyes and clenched my jaw. I felt someone standing in front of me. I opened my eyes to see Taeyeon smirking at me.

“We’re over. It was just a bet. Don’t worry, I had my fun with you.” She caressed my cheek. I slapped her hand away before slapping her.

“You know what? I should’ve fell for Jess. Why you ask? She’d be 100 times better than you, but I guess I was stupid enough to love you, thinking that you’d love me back. I was such a fool for you but hey, I got something out of this. I learnt not to trust an like you. I hope you know that karma’s a thing, and it’d get you back. I can’t wait to see it happening to you.” I moved away from her before walking towards Jessica.

She was looking over the horizon. She looked beautiful and my heart clenched. How could I not see her? I wish I saw you before Taeyeon. I stood behind her as I wrapped my arms around her waist. She tensed before relaxing in my arms, sighing softly. We stood there, looking over the busy streets for a few minutes before she turned in my arms. Her hands gently placed on my cheeks, caressing them softly. Her look softened.

“A-are you mad at me, Ji?”

“I am. It’ll take a while for me to forgive me. I have a lot of question still lingering in my head. You could’ve told me. You could’ve prevented all of these, but you stayed mum and instead went along with the whole plan. How can I know if you’re genuine being with me? How can I learn to trust you again? How could you do this to me, hurt me like this, but still make me feel some type of way?” I said, tears rolling down my face. She wiped them away before smiling softly.

“I don’t expect you to forgive right now, or even in the near future. I know I’ve hurt you a lot. I care about you a lot, Jiyeon. You mean a lot to me. I know there were a lot of things I regret not doing, but I was immature then. Then, I met you, and I knew you’d be a significant person in my life. I should’ve done something to avoid this from happening but I’m not going to give you a million excuse, because I don’t have any to give to you especially if I don’t mean them. I want to earn your trust back. You deserve the best, and I’m willing to give it to you. Give me a chance to prove to you that I genuinely care about you, would you want that?” I exhaled shakily as I thought about the pros and cons. I felt her arms going around me, embracing me tightly, déjà vu hitting me as her scent entered my nostrils. I placed my face on her neck, inhaling the smell that I started to love.

“I’d love to give you a chance. Don’t waste it, Sica.” I brought her closer to me, holding her even more tightly before hearing her whisper softly,

“I won’t disappoint you.”

 

Hey, it’s been a while. Scratch that, it’s been a long time since I’ve written anything in here. I’m sorry for disappearing. Life have been difficult for me, but I’m getting the hang of it, though I can’t promise a consistent update, just know that I’m slowly back to writing. I might just pop by to update, so I don’t really have a definite schedule for you, but I’ll try my best. Have a nice day ahead, I hope this is good enough to make up for my disappearance. Excuse any errors and profanities. Thank you.

-H.