I'm not giving up on you.

Jessicaxyou oneshots

I’m not giving up on you

 

I grasped the phone in my hand nervously as I stared at it. I’ve been in my room for hours, thinking deeply about the next step that I’m going to do. Am I ready for this? Will they help me? I sighed deeply and punched in Taeyeon’s number. Here goes nothing.

“Hello?” She answered with a sleepy tone. I stayed quiet and a lot of ‘what if’s’ started clouding my mind. I shook my head and cleared my throat.

“Oh. Er. Hi. I- Um. Are you and the girls free tomorrow? Oh, and I’m sorry for calling this late.” I panicked. She chuckled lightly.

“Why are you so nervous now? It’s all good, man. Well, good news, we are free tomorrow. What’s up?”

“Um. Is it alright if we meet at a café near your place? It’s something that I’d like to discuss face to face. I’m too nervous right now. Oh, and please do not tell Jess about it”

“That’ll do. Are you sure you alright? You’re making me worried.”

“I-It’s fine. I’ll be fine. No worries. See you tomorrow, Tae. Everything’s fine. Have a good rest, alright.”

“You too. Don’t overwork yourself too much. I’ll see you soon.” If only she knew I was at home all along thinking about this instead of being in my office.

The Next Day

I woke up to my alarm blaring my ears. I stretched and made my way towards the bathroom to take a shower and do my morning routine. Once that’s done, I put on my clothing and went downstairs. I walked towards the kitchen to make myself a tea and ate some food before taking my keys and made my way to the garage. I placed my keys in the ignition and drove to the café near the girls’ place. I took a quick glance and hastily walked to a spot in the corner and took a seat waiting nervously for them to arrive.

A few minutes went by and I heard the footsteps walking towards me. I looked back and the girls waved at me, smiling. I smiled weakly and stood up as I brought them into my embrace. I pulled the chairs for them one by one and they thanked me each time and I smiled widely in return. We were just sitting silently, not knowing what to say. Taeyeon looked at me, concern written all over her face. I nodded my head, silently telling her that I’m fine. She sighed and cleared .

“So, shall we order now and do the talking later?” And we did.

We chatted and make up for lost times. We had a great meal and for a moment, I forgot about my worries. Not until the very end when everyone finished their meal and waited for me to talk. I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans and intertwined them afterward on the table.

“I need your help.” All of them looked at me with concern and maybe even fear.

“If you’re telling us to rob a bank or hurt an innocent human being, I’m out.” Sooyoung dramatically. I chuckled and shook my head.

“Of course not. I- Er. I’m planning on confessing my feelings to Jessica and I need all of you to help me make sure that the plan runs as smoothly as possible.”

“So, what’s the plan?” Sunny questioned. I cleared my throat.

“It’s actually really simple. I’m going to host a party at my place on the 14th, Valentines’ Day. As cliché as it sounds, I just felt like confessing to her on that very day is going to be really special in the future and that is if she feels the same way too.” They looked at each other and nodded.

“What made you think we won’t help you? Even if you’re planning to rob a bank and need our help I –“

“That is not going to happen. No. Not on my watch.” Tiffany intervened. Taeyeon raised both her hands up and shrugged.

“Just saying.” She mumbled. I shook my head and smiled at them. It’s working just as I planned. Now, to the finale.

Fast forward to the 14th of February, Valentines’ Day

‘Damn. Time really flies by quickly for some reason. I don’t know if I can do it, Tae.” I groaned as I held my hair in my hands and frowned. Taeyeon rolled her eyes and smacked my head.

“I’ve known you for years now and you’re not one to give up. What happened to, ‘Never give up and always be determined in what you do’?” I groaned in frustration and looked at her angrily.

“It’s not the same, Tae! This means a lot to me. I love her. . I’m madly in love with her.” I said in realization. Taeyeon approached me and placed her hand on my shoulder.

“Whatever the result is, please do not do anything stupid. We are all here for you. We’ll try our best to make sure that everything goes smoothly, alright. You’ll do good. I’m sure Jess loves you too. Don’t think too much about it.” She reassured me. I nodded and sighed lightly.

I hope you’re right, Tae.

Night time

To say I was nervous was an understatement right now. Here I was, with a bunch of drunkards dancing wildly while I am sitting on the front porch waiting for the girls including Jessica to arrive. I fixed my clothes and made sure I looked presentable. I looked up to see a few stars shining brightly. I looked at it and smiled. Please accept my love, Jess.

I heard cars braking in front of my mansion and I stood up to welcome them. All of them looked like ethereal beauty and I awed at their beauty. I looked around to find the person that I’m so nervous to see because I’m probably going to faint once I see her in a beautiful dress/gown. They approached me with a sad smile and my smile dropped instantly, feeling sick immediately. I arched my brows at them and they shook their head as they pointed towards her direction. I glanced ahead and my heart shattered instantly. There she was standing beautifully with Taecyeon holding her waist and walking towards us. I clenched my fist and closed my eyes. This is not happening.

Next thing I knew, she was there having a slow dance with Taecyeon as the both of them held each other gaze. I looked down and tears started rolling down my cheek. I’m done. I give up.

After that incident, I started burying myself with a lot of work. Not stopping at all. Didn’t even bother to go home to take a rest. I was numb. I was in so much of pain to think. Or to even rest. I’m always reminded of the way she looked at him with so much love. I wish she would look at me that way, but I could only hope and wish for now.

A few weeks later

I yawned as I finished the last one. I stood up and trudged towards the bathroom to clean my face. I looked myself in the mirror and I felt disgusted with myself. How could I let a person do this to me?  I walked back and sat on the sofa. I placed my arm over my eyes and tried to take a nap. For some reason, I felt weird. Like a bad kind of weird. I shook it off and tried to sleep it off, thinking that it’s just my imagination and that I’m just lacking sleep.

A few minutes passed by and I couldn’t fall asleep due to the uneasy feeling. I shot up from the sofa and went in front of my computer. Jessica. Jessica. My mind was calling for her.

“I’m just hallucinating, aren’t I?” I questioned myself.

I started to check the CCTV in her house. Her family always had CCTV installed for some reason. I was given access because I was close to her family. And of course Jessica. I clicked on her room. Don’t worry, it’s my first time using the CCTV and I never had the intention to invade her privacy but for some reason today, I knew I had to somehow.

I saw Taecyeon sneakily enter her room and walked towards her bed. My jaw clenched and I ran out of my office and took the stairs to my garage and drove to her house. I cursed to myself as I neared her house. I exited my car and took the keys from under the doormat and unlocked the door. I rushed upstairs and tried to open the door but to no avail. I cursed to myself and tried to think of a solution. Good luck to you, leg. I love you and if anything happens, I’ll be responsible for it. I inhaled and exhaled. You can do it. I kicked the door open and I saw Taecyeon straddling Jessica. I clenched my fist and rushed up to him and pulled him off of her.

He looked surprised and I landed a punch on him. He stumbled backward and looked at me with anger. I glared at him as I stood in front of Jessica.

“It’s okay, princess. You’re safe with me. Stay back, alright.” I looked over my shoulder as she nodded. I smiled at her and looked back at Taecyeon.

He approached me and swung his arm towards me. I groaned and looked up at him and punched him once again. I uppercut him and he dropped to the floor, his hand holding his jaw. I straddled him and placed a couple of heavy punches on him until he knocked out. I kept on punching him until I felt a pair of arms circling my neck.

“Please, s-stop. He’s going to die. I don’t want you to get in trouble. Who’s going to protect me if you’re not here?” She cried. I quickly stood up and embraced her gently, in case she was still sensitive from the incident. I kissed her head a few times and whispered sweet nothings in her ear, comforting her. I fished out my phone and called my bodyguards to take care of Taecyeon. I carried her to the bed and tucked her in as I kissed her forehead. I was about to get up when she held my wrist, stopping my movement. I looked back at her with worry.

“C-Can we cuddle? I-I’m scared.” She said in a small voice. My heart tightened and a tear rolled down. I brought her near me with her back against my front. I kissed her head and cheek as I caressed her face.

“I’m so sorry, princess. I’m sorry for not being able to protect you. I promise to do so from now on. I love you.” I whispered as she went into a deep slumber.

Day by day we started growing closer. We bonded and make up for lost times. I couldn’t be any happier than I am with her by my side. I laughed and smiled a lot with her. We went to places together. I would send her to her workplace and I would fetch her and we would stop at a nearby food chain to satisfy our hunger and chat. Day by day, my heart healed.

2 months later

Here I was standing in front of her house after work. Today was an off day for her and I was out for work and right after that, I went to her favorite flower shop and bought her favorite bouquet. I rang the doorbell even though I had the key to her house (and to her heart ;) ), I wanted to surprise her. I could hear her footsteps getting closer and my heart thumped louder and faster. She opened the door with the smile that always fluttered my heart. She hugged me tightly as I kept my hands hidden behind me. She looked at me and crossed her arms.

“What are you trying to hide from me?” She pouted. I smiled widely and showed her the bouquet. She instantly hugged me and looked at it.

“Is this for me?” I rolled my eyes.

“Er. No? It’s for your neighbor.” She rolled her eyes this time and punched my arm.

“You’re an idiot.”

“I’m your idiot.” I winked. She blushed and ushered me in.

As she closed the door and locked it, I wrapped my arms around her waist gently and placed my face on her shoulder, occasionally placing kisses on her neck.

“I know this is the worst timing, but you know how nervous I can get sometimes. I originally planned on confessing my love for you on the 14th of February, the day that I hosted the party. You don’t know how heartbroken I was when I saw you entering with Taecyeon. Looking at him with love. Sometimes I wished that if I were to confess to you earlier, maybe I would be the person you’d look at instead. All in all, I fell in love you the moment you stepped into my life. You brought me a lot of joy and you made me a happier person. I would want to wake up with you by my side, being able to cuddle you every single time until you get sick of it, take care of you, protect you and to be able to say I love you, without feeling scared. Jung Sooyeon, will you be my girlfriend?” 

 

I'm so sorry for disappearing for so long. Things have been really rough for me and I'm getting better day by day. I hope this makes up for the late update. Once again I'm so sorry. Thank you to those who still reads this lame update. I don't know if this is good enough, but oh well. :p I hope you people have a great day ahead and always stay positive. :) 

-H.

Requested by: JooKaKa. I changed a few things but I hope it's good enough. :)

I'll post Jae-Eun's soon. I'm so sorry I'm not consistent all the time. ;_;