Past 05

The One That Got Away [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Did you get it?”

 

Junmyeon grinned, waving the bottle in his hands. I reached out for it excitedly and anticipated what alcohol would taste and feel like. All those stories about getting high and drunk on liquor intrigued me and I finally had the chance to try it out for myself.

 

We were both on the rooftop of his apartment which was surrounded by the dark sky and twinkling lights. It was a little chillly, but I could handle it. There was only the two of us here on yet another one of our quiet dates, and I loved the peace and quiet we were in.

 

“Here, I brought a blanket too,” he draped an old blanket over my legs while handing the bottle to me. “I thought you looked a bit cold.”

 

“Thanks Junmyeon,” I smiled, patting at the space beside me for him to sit on. “Now let's drink!”

 

I uncapped the bottle of soju and raised it to pour into my mouth, but I was quickly stopped by him. “Whoah! You can't drink it all in one shot!”

 

“That's how people in movies drink though.”

 

“Yeah, that's because they want to get wasted,” he gave me a pointed look. “And you don't want that to happen on your first time.”

 

“You think I'm a lightweight? Puh-lease,” I laughed, tipping the bottle back. “Watch me!”

 

I took in a huge gulp as Junmyeon watched in horror, and I ended up spluttering out the drink. Coughing a little, I wiped my tearing eyes.

 

He let out a huge guffaw. “I told you so! You shouldn't have taken such a huge gulp for your first time!”

 

I grunted. “As if you have so much experience.”

 

“As a matter of fact, I hold my liquor really well. It's only you who hasn't done it yet.”

 

I felt a blush creep up my cheeks. “Yeah, well!”

 

I took in another gulp, albeit a smaller one. The burn was still evident down my throat, and I hadn't distinguished whether I liked it or not. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Junmyeon staring at me in half-fascination.

 

“I shouldn't have brought cups then,” he muttered, watching me down another mouthful. “You seem to be doing well.”

 

“What did I tell you?” I wiggled my eyebrows, already feeling the effects of alcohol kick in slowly. It was as if everything was amplified and slowed down at the same time.

 

Junmyeon made a face and took the bottle away from me to pour himself a cup. His expression was so funny that it made me giggle, thwacking him on the arm playfully. Then, his expression changed into one of confusion.

 

“You're so funny!” I chuckled, snuggling into his side. I saw his face turn red. “I lo~ve how funny you are!”

 

“Are you drunk already?” he laughed, putting an arm around me. “I knew you were a lightweight.”

 

I wriggled in his hold. “I'm not drunk! I can still see straight! Everything just seems funnier.”

 

“So you're a happy drunk, huh?”

 

“I TOLD YOU I'M NOT DRUNK!” I was beginning to get angry. Didn't he understand when I told him I was still sober? “Why won't you listen to me?!”

 

He was taken aback and raised his hands in mock surrender. “Whoah, Hyejin. Easy now.”

 

Patting me on the back soothingly, he handed me a bottle of water. I drank half of it down gratefully, and after a while, my anger subsided. “Whoah, that was intense.”

 

“You scared me there,” he admitted, a hand on his heart. “Your emotions are going haywire.”

 

“I didn't mean to yell,” I pouted, leaning my head onto his shoulder. “Wow, I must really be a lightweight, huh?”

 

“I can tell you're still out of it though,” he grinned. “You're not normally this pouty. Where did all this aegyo come from?”

 

I squeezed my eyes shut in what I hoped was a cute manner. “Time to unleash all my buried aegyo!”

 

He flicked my forehead, bursting into laughter. “Go ahead, drink some more. I think you'll unleash all the aegyo there is.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter