11. We were in love.

JunSeob: The Collection

 

A/N: (Past Present) It's been awhile since I wrote a one shot and I think I lost my touch... ): Nevertheless, I hope you guys will enjoy it since it's my first JunSeob one shot of the year! Show your love by commenting subscribing and commenting here, as well as on th main story url (http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/170588/we-were-in-love-junseob) ENJOY ♥

 

When we first met.

It was love at first sight for me. How could someone so charming exist? Is it even legal to look so good without smiling? Well, you didn't need to. You had that aura that drew everyone to you but when you did smile... the world smiles along with you.

My fingers trace the outline of a few music scores. A few pieces of torn and tattered work are among the rest, looking out of place. But, both you and I know the story to this works.

The first time we interacted.

I did not mean to bump into you! (Though just touching you made me happy... I'm weird!) Who knew that your lyrics would fall directly into that puddle of water... Your lyrics that you put so much effort into. Oh dear what have I done!

You just shrugged it off though, saying it was alright. However, being the kind of person I am, I couldn't stop apologizing. Well, I guess it's a good thing. After all... it earned me a meal with you.

Though it was kinda embarrassing that you had to treat me instead because I left my wallet at home.

Near the edge of the table, a photo frame stands, dust collecting on it. A single rose petal is perserved within the glass. I smiled, reliving that part of my memories.

This was when you confessed to me.

With each passing day, we grew closer. We were no longer just schoolmates, we were the best  of friends. You had no idea how happy being with you made me! But... it comes with a price. I fell deeper in love with you. And I was pretty much friendzon-ed at that time.

At least, I thought I was.

I still remember you presenting me with a single red rose, me laughing and thanking you for that gesture of friendship. But... you only frowned. You pulled me into a deep embrace and took a deep breath.

"Babo Seob. Yellow roses represent friendship, red means... I love you."

You have no idea how happy that explanation made me.

My heart is beating rapidly, so fast I thought I might die. But I know, that one it was the fastest. I chuckled at how silly I was at that time, at how you made it alright.

The first date of my life. 

You have no idea how nervous I was! I have never been on a date before, let alone know how it is supposed to be! What to wear? What to do? Am I late? I was a big mess that day! But...

It was one of the happiest days of my life.

You made everything alright. You took charge of all my worries. My heartbeat still didn't calm down thought, cause just being with you sets my cheeks on fire.

But then... happy memories... weren't the only things we shared.

"Hyuna this, Hyuna that! When will you ever shut up about that.. !"

You slammed the table and held my shoulder tight, it hurts... "Don't you dare call Hyuna a ! She is just an artist whom I compose music for!" I growled and wriggled out of your hold.

"Just for one stupid girl... you're hurting me! Just an artist you compose music for? YEAH RIGHT!" I grabbed the soft toy you bought for our 1st anniversary, tearing it apart.

"I HATE YOU, YONG JUN HYUNG!"

I'm here.

I'm here at where it all happened. The scene is replaying before me like an old movie. Me running away, you chasing. A loud screm is heard. A hon from a speeding car. You pushing me away.

You getting hit in my place.

"J-Junnie...?"

I slowly crawled towards you, reaching out for you. I craddled your head trying to wipe away the blood. ...It won't stop flowing!

"Yo Seob ah..."

Your hand reached up, I placed my cheeks against it.

"J-Junnie.."

You smiled.

"I... Lo-"

Your chest is no longer moving at this point. The me who is holding on to your tightly... wouldn't stop screming.

"I'm sorry!!! I'm sorry.... I'm sorry..."

As I walk away from this scene, a single tear falls down my cheek. As it glides, all our memories come rushing back to me. My laughter, your hugs, our kisses. A single image of you freezes in place.

We were in love. No... we probably still are.