Jonghyun

Saviour

I was sitting in the corner of my room on the floor, papers all over the floor followed by remains of the days events. My hands over my ears, my earbuds thumping in my ear drums. My head rattled with the song; Savior - SHINee. Across the room even my door looks small, in front of it the few things that kept me living. Little soldier danced in front of me, in white army suits. They tried to distract me from my intentions, the ones that left my scarred and broken. This wasn't the first time I felt like in my twenty-one years, helpless.

I buried my head into my lap curling my legs into my body as tight as I could, the pain becoming unbearable. The splitting feeling in my head, the aching in my heart. Then the music stopped, the room suddenly quiet.

"Oh my sweet Jihye." I felt a pair of arms wrap around my body.

I found myself in an embrace with Jonghyun, his arms protecting me from my own thoughts. Dressed in white, he looked like a real soldier.

"Just a bit longer, Don't worry we'll protect you."

"Do you think you can?" I pushed away from him, his expression showed hurt.

"Even though we can't be here to hold your hand and walk with you, we can still stay one step behind you." His expression melted into a smile that made my heart squeeze.

"Sure today is hard, and tomorrow may be harder. All you need to do is take it one step at a time." He pulled me to my feet with him, me being slightly shorter than him.

Jonghyun's voice broke through the negative thoughts, piercing my nightmares with high notes.

I wanna fly high

With you melted in my arms

When Im tired, when Im lonely

Knock on the door to my soul

Ive got the savior

"Sing loudly, when you hurt let music take away your pain." He pulled me into a tight hug.

He felt warm, what he told me was right. Everytime I felt pain I listened to his singing, he was standing behind me with his hands on my shoulders holding me steady as I walked the tight rope I called life. Temporary relief, that what he promised me. I promised myself to never think like that again.