It's You!

Irreplaceable

Chapter 8 

Ara’s POV

“Good morningggg”, I greeted my family cheerfully as I walked down the stairs. It’s the second day of school and THANK GOD I SOCIALIZED WELL SO FAR.

I was happy because I already know most of my classmates. YASS GOD THANKS FINALLY I COULD SOCIALIZE WELL

I sat on the chair that was in front of my parents. My parents were smiling at me.

“Good morning dear”, my parents greeted me back in unison.

I ate the breakfast that my mom has made. Oh yes, started from today I will go to school and went home by walking, since I know where is my school already. And of course I want to be independent.

 

Doyoung’s POV

“Gooddd morning!”, I greeted my family as I ran down the stairs. I bro-fisted my little sister that was 8 years younger than me.

My father was working abroad so there was only me, my mom and my sister in this house.

I sat on the chair and ate breakfast with my family. My sister isn’t coming to school today because there was some event for the teachers at the school.

I also have told Taeyong and Taeil about yesterday’s problem. I mean Ara. They thought it’s an interesting to do and they promise themselves to act like a spy oh god.

 

“Oppa, do you have a girlfriend already?”, Nayoung my little sister asked me out of a sudden as she laughed at me. Eomma was trying to hold her laugh.

 

 

“Like you. have a boyfriend already”, I said to my little sister as I ripped my bread and shove it to my own mouth and rolled my eyes.

“Doyoung-ah, your little sister was asking the right thing. Just go get a girlfriend already, Eomma and Appa are not stopping you”, Eomma said as she was laughing softly with my sister.

I sighed shaking my head at them as I tried to hide my laughter too. Of course, it’s the first time they talked about this in front of me.

Well a year ago they said that I can’t have a girlfriend yet and now they are letting me. Wow

 

I finished my bread calmly and took a glass of water.

 

“Oppa! LOOK AT THE CLOCK!”, I was surprised at Nayoung’s shout. I thought I woke up really early this morning.

I looked at the clock and realized that I was late.

My wristwatch was late for 20 minutes.

I gasped and put my shoes on quickly. I ran to the door.

Eomma was worried that I might be late for school too.

Of course I am known as a good boy and I am not a trouble maker.

 

“Goodbye!!!!!!!!”, I shouted as I closed the door and ran quickly towards my school.

 

Thank god it is still in the morning and it’s not really crowded yet. But still I might arrive late!

 

 

I tried to run faster and faster, and yes it’s near the school already. I could see the gate was still open…

I ran faster towards the building and I was still running through the corridor. Since it seems like most of the students were already in the class already.

I panted as I continue to run slowly. I ran as I was staring at the ground. And suddenly….

 

“BAMM!”, I bumped into someone.

We fell down to the hard floor and her books and stuffs were on the floor. I was collecting her stuffs and tried to stand up properly. She was also trying to get up.

“omg! I’m sorry, I’m really sorry, it’s my fault I’m really sorry”, I bowed to her repeatedly. I didn’t recognize who is she yet.

My face had no expression because I was really tired from running.

 

“Ahh, it’s ok thanks for helping me collecting my books”, she tried to stand up properly. She took her books that was on my hands.

She tried to manage her books that was on her hands already. She bowed and smiled at me before she made her way back to the class. I looked at her while I was trying to hide my…

 

shock..

The girl that I bumped into was

Yoon Ara…….

She smiled at me…..

Wow it’s been a long time since I’ve seen her smile that’s only specialized to me…..

The last time…. it was 10 years ago….

 

I froze on the spot while I was looking at her.

Oh god it must be her……

Yes it’s really her…

Wow time went so fast..

 

Wait

Did she realize it’s me???

I was spacing out for a good minute staring at her figure went into the class.

I looked at her who was walking towards our class.

 

“Damn, you’re late Doyoung”, I uttered as I slapped myself lightly.

I was looking around from the sot I was standing, in case someone was watching me spacing out and thought I was crazy or something………….ok no

 

I was going to go to my class but something caught me.

A red wallet.

I thought someone might drop it so

I picked it up and took a look at it.

 

OH GOD IT MUST BE HER WALLET

I was panicked inside but how could I give this to her. No way I will give it to the security while I am her classmate, that will be so silly.

I opened the wallet to make sure who is the owner.

I opened the wallet slowly while predicting who might the owner be other than her.

 

And yes I was correct!

 

I slapped myself, a bit harder this time.

I opened and closed the wallet repeatedly, hoping that I will not see her id card in that wallet again.

Aishhhhhh…….

 

It’s not a dream, how could you face this Doyoung….

I sighed at myself not knowing what to do.

 

Name: Yoon Ara

Birthdate: Daegu, July 17th, 1996

Student number: 165210

 

 

I looked at the student ID card

and yes it’s her.

 

I was about to close back her wallet, but something fell down from her wallet.

I thought it was just some random notes that she have

 

It was a small hard paper.

I picked it up take a look at it.

It’s her picture when she was a little..

 

It’s her…….

When she was 6 years old….

I am holding her photo…

She’s definitely my Ara…….

Yes she’s absolutely Yoon Ara the one who saved my life…..

 

Now how could I face her! Damn!

She must be really mad at me if she knew I’m that Kim Doyoung..

 

AISHHHHH.

 

I stomped my foot on the ground as I bit my lips to avoid myself from shouting.

 

How could i-

How could i- I

 

Face her again….

 

I moved my eyes slowly to the picture again.

 

I held her picture and stared at it.

 

It’s been a long time…

It’s nice to meet you again…..

But…….

Will you still accept me……

 

 

I smiled by looking at that tiny small paper…

 

She looked so cute back then..

But now, she is a beautiful young lady…

 

Time went so fast….

I grabbed my phone and took a picture of it quickly as I smiled at it. I put the photo back in her wallet. And quickly make my way to the locker before I went to class.

 

 

Ara’s POV

The first break time bell has rung. Me and all my classmates got up from all of our chair and stretched a bit.

“Leggo!!”, Haru said as we were walking through the canteen. Better save the table before it’s full.

The canteen was not too crowded yet so we save a seat at the center corner. Hyerin put her water bottle on the table as a sign that someone has already took the place. We separate to buy our own food that we wanted to buy. I took some money from my wallet and placed it in my pocket this morning

Me and Haru were going towards the first canteen stall. Hyerin and Hara were going towards the third stall.

We were looking at the menu sign for today.

I bought a chocolate bread and an ice lemon tea while Haru bought French fries and an ice tea.

 

We were going back to our table after we have bought our food. Hyerin and Hara already started eating their food, while they were talking about some new nice songs.

“Do you guys still have your childhood picture?”, Hyerin asked trying to start some random conversation that will not let awkward spreads in the air.

 

“Well, I have one but it takes forever to find that small picture”, Hara said as we laughed together. “Of course no! I’m going to print it again”, she said before she shoves her pancake to her own mouth.

“My mom still has thousands of it. Even the picture when I was crying because of a mouse appeared”, Haru said as we tried to hold our laughs.

 

“How about you Ara-ah?”, Hyerin asked me waiting for an answer.

“Well, actually I keep one of them all the time in my wallet”, I said as I grinned at her.

“Let me just bring the picture when I was newborn. I forgot where did I put the photo album, aish…”, Hyerin said as she chewed her food. 

“Who?”, Hara asked Hyerin.

“Me, of course! Who else!”, Hyerin said as she took a bite of her food, staring at Hara as she was confused by Hara’s question.

 

“I mean WHO ASKED YOU?!”, Hara and Haru shouted at her in unison, loud enough for her to hear it clearly.

We were laughing out loud at Hyerin who we trapped. She was trying to get herself together and tried to hold her laugh.

We continue to talk about other stuffs until the bell that shows the break time has ended rang.

 

The 4 of us walked towards the locker area. We prepared our books and folders for the next lessons. And one of them is, MATH, UGH.

I checked my belongings before closing the door of my locker, and suddenly someone came to me.

 

“Yoon Ara….. ?”, the person asked me, I haven’t recognized his face yet.

“Yes”, I answered as I smiled and turned my face at him.

It’ my classmate, Jaehyun.

“Uhh…… I think this is yours. It was on the floor this morning, but sorry I forgot to return it”, he said as he smiled shyly at me, and gave my wallet to me.

“Omo!, thank you so much I didn’t realize it fell on the floor! Thank you once again!”, I said as I checked my wallet. It’s really mine, and my childhood picture was also there.

“It’s ok, see you at the class!”, he said to me while he was running to our class, and he smiled once again at me. I put my wallet on my locker and went to the class.

 

 

“Ok, so let’s start the lesson”, Mrs. Ahn said as she gave a smile to the whole class. Most of us were sighing, because there will be no free time anymore.

“but…..”, Mrs. Ahn continued her sentences, all of our eyes were on her.

“Let me arrange the sitting arrangement before we start our new topic”, Mrs. Ahn said to us as she smiled.

Well, yes the sitting arrangement was changed though.

All the table now are facing the white board and now it’s 2-2 not 4-4 again. If you know what I meant……hehehe.

 

 

 

“Kang Hyerin with Son Hyunwoo”

“Im Changkyun with Park Hara”

Mrs. Ahn started to announced our seatmate for maybe the whole semester.

Most of my classmate already moved to their new seats and start some conversation with their new seatmate as Mrs. Ahn still inform the other’s seat position.

 

Now there was only me, Doyoung, Mark and Haru left.

I prayed that I will be with Haru because I am not close enough with Mark and Doyoung….. and what if that Doyoung is the Kim Doyoung that was my best friend….

 

 

Ahhh…. No way you don’t even know where he is right……..

Aishhh just forget him……

 

“Lee Mark and Lee Haru”, Mrs. Ahn said as she pointed a table near the door.

I sighed quietly as I heard that Haru’s seatmate is Mark, not me. So that means I will be with Doyoung for the whole semester.

I hope I will be not awkward though.

 

“Kim Doyoung and Yoon Ara”, she finished arranging our sitting arrangements.

I moved to my new sitting position as I carried my folders and books too, my sitting position was located at the right back corner of the class……

Right, back, corner yes……… I hope I still could see the board well…….

Aish….

 

I sit at the right side of Doyoung. I smiled at him as he placed his folder and stuffs underneath the table on the mini shelf. He smiled coldly at me. Wow, I didn’t know that he is this cold……

He sat on his chair and made his gaze towards Mrs. Ahn that looked like she was about to say something.

“Your partner for this task will be your new seatmate”, she started her conversation topic. Most of the students sighed because we can’t choose the partners by ourselves, which is boring……

“I know I know, you want to be partner with your close friend right? But this time, let’s socialize!”, she said as she tried to cheer us up. What a friendly teacher she is.

 

“The topic will be, what will the world be without us? You could present it in any perspectives and point of view since it’s just a starter.”, She finished her sentences and went to her table that was in the right-front of the class, across the door.

All of us were trying to start a discussion with their partners.

And there was me……………..being awkward……………*sighing inside*

 

“So… what are we going to make for this project…..?”, I asked Doyoung as he looked at me with blank expression. God, I really didn’t know if he was this emo and expressionless…..

“If it’s just a presentation it will be boring…. Maybe we could make like a presentation with some miniature building structure..?”, he explained while his blank expression was still on his face.

Wow, he’s cold but his idea is on fire……. I mean is it too hard for a 17 years old students…..with like those materials…….

I stared blankly to the table for a moment, predicting what will it look like…

 

“If you think it will be made from stainless steel, woods and with those expensive lights or lamps thingy. No”, he explained more further as I listened carefully. Ohh phewh… I thought he was the kind of person that is really perfectionist and I thought it will be hard to cooperate with him.

“So what will the materials be?”, I asked him as I looked at him.

“Styrofoam and maybe….some mini lamps to make it more catchy and attractive…...?”, he said as he asked for my agreement.

“Well, okay”, I answered as I smiled at him, nodding as an understand sign.

We took a piece of paper and wrote our planning on it.

“but… it will need much time so maybe if we really need to one of us should come over to your house or my house”, he said as he looked at me, still expressionless.

“Well…….. I’m okay with it”, I said as I smiled softly at him.

And we started to write our planning on the paper.

 

Doyoung’s POV

 

All of the table position was changed already. Me and Jaehyun placed ourseves on one of the table in the class. Ten and Mark were behind us.

We were talking about some stuffs until Mrs. Ahn came in and all of us sat properly and faced her.

“Ok, so let’s start the lesson”, she said in front of the class. The class were sighing including me, Ten, Mark and Jaehyun. There will be less free time…..

I guess it will be a project again like last year. They said “it’s the way to show your true selves……”

 

“but…..”, Mrs. Ahn continued her sentence. All our eyes were on her in a second.

I guess it will be something we might don’t like……

“Let me arrange the sitting arrangement before we start our new topic”, she finished her sentences. Sighs were everywhere, Ten and Mark were dramatic fake-crying at the back while hugging each other. I shook my head at them.

 

“Kang Hyerin with Son Hyunwoo”

“Im Changkyun with Park Hara”

Mrs. Ahn has started one of her best moment in life………. *Sighing inside*

I was waiting for my turn as she mentioned the other’s name. Ten was already with Jung Sooji, Jaehyun with Ji Yoona. There was just Me, Mark, Ara and Haru left.

 

“Lee Mark and Lee Haru”, my eyes widened at her statement. I thought she will place me with him because Ara isn’t close with me or Mark. I never expect this thing happening.

Oh God, what should I do, it will be the most awkward moment in my life..

 

“Kim Doyoung and Yoon Ara”, she said as her eyes were on me and slowly moved to Ara. B-but….. how could I face this thing…… I sighed deeply inside…

 

I grabbed my stuffs and slowly made my way to my new position. The table position which is on the back is not the problem….. but…. Me sitting next to Yoon Ara for the whole semester is the problem………..

What if she realized it’s me……

Will we still have a good relationship ?

I placed my stuffs slowly on the mini shelf underneath the table. She smiled at me, and I smiled back at her expressionless……. Daamn,maybe now she thought that I’m cold and emo……

 

I quickly put my eyes on Mrs. Ahn to avoid any awkwardness. I’m sure too that Mrs. Ahn will give us task in any minute.

 

“Your partner for this task will be your new seatmate”, Mrs. Ahn announced. The class were nodding at her. I fake-nodded at her too… but actually I really want to shout now.

I was panicked inside….. why………it’s got to be her from all of the girls in the class…

I tried to calm myself down and act as cold as I can to not make myself awkward in front of her.

“I know I know, you want to be partner with your close friend right? But this time, let’s socialize!”, Mrs. Ahn said as she tried to cheer all of us up.

“The topic will be, what will the world be without us? You could present it in any perspectives and point of view since it’s just a starter task.”, she finished all of her conversations and she sat back on her chair, checking some papers.

 

I was thinking what could me and Ara’s project be. Attractive, unique but simple to make. I closed my eyes and leaned my own head on my left hand. I closed my eyes to think deeper.

 

“So… what are we going to make for this project…..?”, Ara asked me as she looked at me. I turned my face at her expressionless. Damn….. those eyes that I used to stare at 10 years ago……

I tried to not daydream or flashback again.

 

“If it’s just a presentation it will be boring…. Maybe we could make like a presentation with some miniature building structure..?” I explained to her, I hope it’s a good idea though, because I didn’t want our project will be boring and is similar to the others.

She stared blankly at the table for a while, maybe she was predicting what will it look like. I hope she didn’t think that I was the kind of person that wants everything on my report is perfect.

“If you think it will be made from stainless steel, woods and with those expensive lights or lamps thingy. No”, I explained further to her, afraid that she might get the wrong idea. She sighed in relieved after hearing what I said.

“So what will the materials be?”, she asked again, trying to make sure what will we do exactly.

“Styrofoam and maybe….some mini lamps to make it more catchy and attractive…...?”, I told my planning as clearly as I can. Hoping that she wants to do this kind of project. I stared at her.

“Well, okay”, she said as she nodded at me.

We grabbed a paper and started to write our planning on it. But, it will need much time though, is she okay with it? First of all she’s a girl, her parents might not allowed her to go out many times.

 

“but… it will need much time so maybe if we really need to, one of us should come over to your house or my house”, I said as I looked at her eyes, still trying to act coldly as I can.

“Well…….. I’m okay with it”, I sighed in relieved inside, because we agreed on this project already. And I’m sure this project will be interesting though, because I think the others idea isn’t like mine.

After we made an agreement and final decision already, we started to write our planning on that piece of paper.