Same Name + Same Eyes + Same Birthday = WHO IS SHE???

Irreplaceable

Chapter 6

[17 Years Old]

Ara’s POV

*Rrrrriiiiinggggg~*, the first break time bell rang. “Aaa, come on, let’s go I’m hungry..”, Haru said as she stretched her body a little. All we did for these 2 hours were only sitting while doing some of the works that the teacher told us to do. My feet are already stiff because of too long sitting.

“Ara-ah, by the way just join us go to the canteen!”, Haru said cheerfully, Hara and Hyerin were nodding repeatedly with their smiles on. “Ah, alright then.”, I said to them as I smiled shyly. “Alright, kajja!.”, Hara said and we were walking to the canteen. Most of the students eat at the canteen, the rest of them could be in the library, sitting on the bench outside, or in their class.

We ordered some foods and drinks from the canteen lady. After we ordered all our foods and drinks, we walked towards a table that is still empty. Just when Hara was about to put her food and drink on the table, suddenly a boy slammed his food and drink on that table. We were a bit shocked by his action. “The table is ours now”, said the boy as he smiled brightly + sarcastically at us. There were 6 other boys behind him. “B b-but,…….. aishhhh!”, Hara was annoyed by them, while the other 6 boys were all putting their foods and drinks on the table before they sat on the chair.

 

 “Changkyun! You’re the best!”, said one of the boy who is on one table with the boy that stole our table. The 7 of them looked like that they are close friends. “Hara, why don’t you try to be mad at him or something?”, I asked to Hara who walked calmly. “It’s ok Ara-ah, by the way that table is also too small for 4 people though. Kekeke, let’s just search another table that is larger for us.”, Hara said calmly as she let out a giggle. “Ah, okay. Hehehe”, I said and chuckled.

 

 

“Oh, there’s an empty table there!”, Haru said as she pointed out a table. We walked towards that table. And yes, the table was larger than before though. I placed my food and drink on the table, the others too. I sat beside Haru, and Hara sat beside Hyerin.

There were only some table on this corner of canteen. Me, Haru, Hara and Hyerin sat on one of the table. There were only us and other bunch of boys across us, they sat on the second table from our table. Even though the space between each table was large, but we still can see them since no one sat on the middle table.

“Ahh, finally. Let’s eat peacefully.”, Hyerin said as she opened the plastic that packed her bread. I just realized the boy that stared at me this morning was also eating on that table, also his friend who slapped his shoulder this morning. I guess they all are close friends.

This corner was quiet though. Maybe because this corner is a bonus space for the canteen..?.......kekeke.

 

The 4 of us already found a nice place to eat. Hara, Haru, Hyerin and me started to eat our food. When I tried to slice my pancake with my fork. I felt like someone was staring at me. I stopped slicing for a while and looked up.

No one was staring at me…. I said that quietly inside. It was weird though. I really felt like a pair of eyes were on me… I continued to eat my pancake after found out no one was staring at me.

 

…………………………………………….……………(sudden awkward silence)

 

“Ara-ah, when is your birthday?”, Hara asked me while she was still cutting her food on the plate, trying to start a conversation. “July 17”, I answered her question as I smiled at her.

 

Suddenly, out of the blue, the boy that stared at me this morning choked on his food. All of our eyes were on him. Because it seems like he choked really bad. I looked at him while I chewed my food. His 2 friends beside him were patting his back as he drank his water.

“Taeyong-ah! Is Doyoung alright?!”, Haru shouted not really loud from our table. Doyoung..? Kim Doyoung….?? Ahhhh no, there are a lot of Kim Doyoung out there. Ahh no way he’s the Doyoung that I used to play with everyday right..we just met today.

After knowing that boy’s name is Doyoung. It made me remember the last time I visited the playground, I was saying goodbye to the playground, knowing I will never can go back there. Cause I’ll move soon.

There were only us though, and the air was quiet when he choked. “I don’t even know too, suddenly he choked on his food. Don’t worry, he’ll be alright as usual!” Taeyong answered Haru while his left hand was still patting Doyoung’s back, and Doyoung himself was still coughing. He grinned awkwardly to us, Taeyong and his other friends were embarrassed because of Doyoung’s action, kekeke. Hearing that he’ll be alright soon, even though for me it was just a ‘maybe’, the 4 of us continued to eat our food.

 

 

Doyoung’s POV

 

Me, Taeyong, Mark, Ten, Jaehyun and Taeil had ordered our foods and drinks. We were trying to search for an empty table. It seems that most of the table on the center of the canteen were already full, maybe it was because today was the first day.

The 6 of us are close friends since I moved to Seoul, leaving Daegu. We were close since 7 years old until now.

“Oh! Let’s sit at the corner, uhh…. that one…. that is usually empty!”, Mark said giving an idea as he tried to explain correctly. He grinned at his own idea. “Oh yes! Let’s sit there”, Taeil said as he leads the way. Me and the others were nodding. The fifth of us were following him.

We sat at the chair already, we put our foods and drinks on the table. I sat between Taeyong and Jaehyun. We started to eat our food while talking about random things.

“Yah, have you guys watched the new movie at the cinema?.......Aish I forget the title, people said the movie is reallyyy good.”, Jaehyun tried to start a conversation. All of us were talking along. “Oh, that one.….my cousin said the movie though”, Ten said as he laughed slightly. “Maybe it’s because she’s still single. HAHAHA”, Mark said followed by our loud laughter. Ten threw a bit of his food to Mark while he was still laughing along with the others. The 4 of us continued to talk about things. We could laugh as loud as we want because there was no one here except us.

 

A few minutes later, I saw a group of girls sat on the second table from us, realizing the familiar faces, they were our classmates. I also saw the new student that has the same name as my old best friend ‘Yoon Ara’, was also with them.

The 4 of us were focusing on our food and we were tired because of laughing too much before. Silence was in the air, we could hear the girls talking about stuffs.

I was staring at her. Somehow, I feel like I was staring at Ara my old best friend whenever I stared at the new student. Even though she is not Ara that I meant.

She was cutting her food on the plate. I was staring at her eyes. Her eyes really looked like Ara’s eyes. Their eyes were dark brown, the same dark brown. Even their eyelashes looked the same. Their eyes were shiny, the same shine. I continued to stared at her as I chewed my food.

I directly turned my eyes at my food when she looked up. Oh God, I hope she didn’t realize that I was staring at her.\

 

Suddenly no one talked and silence was real…….

 

“Ara-ah, when is your birthday?”, Hara my classmate asked to the new student. Suddenly my ears were focusing on their conversation. It suddenly caught my attention. I stopped chewing my food for a while and drank my water to erase all my weird predictions on my head.

“July 17”, she answered Hara’s question as she smiled at her. My brain was shocked hearing that answer. I choked on my food and coughed repeatedly. Ten, Taeyong, Jaehyun, Mark and Taeil were surprised by my action, they were looking at me with ‘Are you okay?!’ faces. I drank my water while Taeyong and Jaehyun were patting my back.

“Yah, eat slowly!”, Mark said while still chewing his food. He looked at me with ‘not-so-concern’ on his eyes. He laughed a bit because it was the first time I choked this loud on public. Aishhhhhh…. It was so embarrassing.

“Taeyong-ah! Is Doyoung alright?!”, Haru my classmate asked from her table. I was patting my chest lightly and drank my water, trying to not make an eye contact to Ara, knowing I was staring at her before. Taeyong and Jaehyun were still patting my back lightly. And all of their eyes were on me, including her.

 

“I don’t even know too, suddenly he choked on his food. Don’t worry, he’ll be alright as usual!”, Taeyong said as he grinned at them awkwardly, who also was embarrassed because of me. Hearing answer from Taeyong they continue with their own talking and activity. “Yah, don’t embarrassed us.”, Ten whispered to me as he and the others tried to hold their laugh.

 

Aishhhhhhh!! Kim Doyoung!!!!! what’s wrong with you!!!