Chapter Five

Chasing Time

Jungkook looks around the room until his eyes land on me. The worried expression quickly turns to anger as he whips his head around and lands his gaze on Jin.

"I swear to God, Jin!--" He shouts, grabbing the collar of Jin's shirt and yanking him upwards and out of his chair. "What gives you the right to mess with her?" He says, bringing his face closer. 

Taehyung jumps up from his seat and grabs Jungkook by the shoulders, holding him back. "Jungkook, calm down. Let us explain." He says. 

Jungkook releases his grip on Jin's shirt and steps away from Taehyung. "Explain then." He says, turning to me and walking closer. "Why are you in this situation in the first place?" 

I wince as I try to sit up, my head is still a bit groggy from sleeping for so long. "I'm not really sure. I just don't think that they like me is all." I say, rubbing my temples and closing my eyes. 

I feel something weigh down the spot next to me on the bed. I guess he decided to sit and make himself comfortable. My eyes flutter open and are met with another pair of eyes. 

Jungkook stays like this, face inches from mine. "What are you..." I start, but trail off when he pulls away. "Your eyes are bloodshot. Come on, we're leaving." He says, grabbing my wrist and starting to pull me up. 

Jin moves in between us and grips onto Jungkook's wrist, "Let go, she needs to rest." Hey says with a stern expression; I've never seen him so serious. His pleasant, sweet face has turned into one of extreme anger and hate. 

Their past might be more intense than I thought. I pull my hand back from them and swing my legs around to the edge of the bed before standing. I pick up my bag that is sitting on the nightstand, and sling it around my shoulder. 

"Listen, I'm not in the mood to be in the middle of a fight." I say, looking at the both of them. I continue, "Jungkook, you and Jin are both the reason I'm not liked among any of the students here. At least, that's what I'm told." I explain, starting to rub my temples again. "Thank you guys for taking care of me, I'll be going." 

I start to walk out, and I notice I'm being followed. It's Taehyung; he takes my arm and puts it around his neck, securing my waist with his arm. "You aren't strong enough yet, you need to recover from your dehydration. Let me walk you back to your room." He says, smiling a bit. 

I smile at him thankfully before nodding. "Yeah, thanks." At least I know I won't be hated if I'm seen with Taehyung. 

 

 

I sigh and roll over in my bed, still frustrated over the way Jin and Jungkook were acting. I look over at my bag and pull out the cucumber infused water that Taehyung packed for me. 

I wonder why he's so nice to me, didn't he have somewhere to go tonight? I can't believe he stayed to help Jin take care of me. I really am not deserving of their kindness. 

And what was up with Jungkook? I thought he couldn't care less about me. Why would he worry so much after tossing me aside and leaving me behind without a word? 

I also wasn't going to sit there and watch them fight. Whatever is going on between them, is none of my business. 

I untwist the cap to the water and take a swig, it's extremely refreshing. I smile and screw the cap back on before setting it down onto my night stand. 

Something buzzes underneath my pillow; its my phone. Jin's name flashes on my screen, the answer button glaring at me. 

I flip the phone over and tuck it back under my pillow, I don't feel like talking right now. Jin is nice, but I still don't know enough about him, maybe it's better if I keep my distance. 

After all, he seems to think that he is the reason I was confronted in the hallway today. I hope that isn't the case... I really liked where things were going. 

This always seems to happen to me though, something sparks and then it burns out quickly. The fire never lights or ever catches on. Nothing. 

A knock on my door interrupts my thoughts, waking me up a bit. I stand up and walk over to the door lazily, going on my toes to look through the peep hole. 

The familiar black hair, ear piercings, and cocky stance gives him away. Jungkook, why are you here? 

I unlock the door and motion for him to come inside.

"Make yourself at home, considering you're going to do that regardless." I say sarcastically, plopping back down onto my bed. I take another swig from my water before rolling onto my back. 

He takes a seat on my couch and crosses his legs. "Alex, I'm sorry for getting carried away. I just... I know Jin. And I've seen what he can do. I just get a bad feeling about him." 

I sigh, "I'm telling you, that is ridiculous. He's one of the most polite, and selfelss people I've met in all my time here. What makes you hate him so much?" I ask, turning my head to look at him. 

He uncrosses his legs and rests his elbows on his knees, leaning forward. "He isn't the type you think he is. He has a really bad past; he used to be in the Staccato club two years back." 

I sit up and rest my back against the wall, "Jin? He hates the Staccato club."  

Jungkook shakes his head and continues, "He was a member himself, he got into some heavy partying when he first got here. Suddenly he does a total one-eighty, don't you think there's something wrong there?" He says, picking up my drink and examining it. 

I roll my eyes, "So what? Everyone parties, what's so wrong with that?" I ask, taking my drink from him and unscrewing it once more. 

"Here's the thing... Back then, a girl went missing at one of the local Staccato club parties. She was just like you, perfect pitch, a prodigy." He says, leaning back in his chair again. "And guess what? Jin went missing along with her. No one could find him. Rumors were told that she was last seen with him." 

A chill runs down my spine, "Where did he go? Has she been found?" I ask, honestly intrigued. 

He shakes his head, "She's been missing for almost three years now. And no one knows where he went. He was gone until the beginning of the next year; and when he came back, he dropped out of the Staccato club and completely changed himself." 

It doesn't make sense, none of Jin's actions have seemed like an act to me. "Maybe the experience of her going missing really hit him hard. Maybe he learned something from that." 

"I don't know..." Jungkook says, "It was the first time he had shown any interest in any girl in the Staccato club; sound familiar?" He asks. 

I furrow my brow, and stand. "I don't know where you're going with this, but we need more information before we begin pointing fingers. It isn't fair to Jin." 

Jungkook stands and looks into my eyes again, "Are you feeling alright? Your eyes are bloodshot again." 

Now that he mentions it, I am feeling a bit weak. "I don't know what's going on with me lately, I've just been so tired." I sit down and he looks over at the bottle resting on my nightstand. 

"Where did you get that water?" He asks, motioning over to the cucumber water. 

"It came from Jin's apartment..." I say, feeling my eyes start to close on their own. My eye lids feel awfully heavy, and my body is starting to sway a bit. I need to lay down. 

It's that same feeling of numbness washing over me, the thick oil, drowing in slow motion. I feel someone set me down slowly, "Alex?... Alex, did you have anything else to drink today?" He asks, sounding a bit panicked and frantic. 

I try to answer, but I feel like he's already miles away. "The coffee?" I answer slowly, questioning whether or not it's even the same day. 

"Where did you get it from?" He asks quickly, his breath tickling my face. Why is he so close to me? My head starts to throb once more, something is ringing in my ears. 

"Alex! Where did you get it from?" He asks again, I can feel him shaking me slightly. But it's too late now, I can't answer. 

All I can do is let the darkness consume me once again. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Again, short chapter, a lot of development. I hope you liked it! As always, comment, subscribe, and upvote! Always feel free to tell me what you're thinking!