Chapter 12. [Trouble.]

Running Deep.

"Can you feel it?" 

 

Taemin asked Sungjong as they were walking back home from school. Taemin felt a sharp pain in his heart and he patted his chest repeatedly. Sungjong cocked an eyebrow at him, unsure of what he was suppose to feel now. He was just feeling a mild headache throbbing in his brain from all the maths sum they had on the last period. 

 

They were disappointed not receiving a reply from Sun Min since they delivered the invitation card. But unknown to them both, they both had send it and so did their other friends as well. 

 

"Feel what?" Sungjong asked, walking over to Taemin who started to punch his chest in aching pain. 

 

"I...I...I...I don't know but-" He cut off mid-sentence when he remembered something. 

 

He gripped both his best friend's shoulders and looked at him wildly in the eye. 

 

"Its Sun Min!" He just said alarmingly, before he made a mad dash to her place. Sungjong felt the danger and ran after Taemin as well. 

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

 

I shot up from bed the moment I heard something creaked in my room. I was left alone in the house once more, and must have dozed off when Sunggyu was hugging me. I was wet from sweat and trembled slightly as a cold breeze seeped through the open window. 

 

The window gave out another chill breeze, this time it was so cold that I could feel it down to my bones. 

 

Strange. 

 

The door to my room door creaked open, earning my attention. I threw the blankets over me and slowly let my feet reached to the carpeted floor. Once my toes touched the fuzzy carpet, I crept my way to the open door and opened it slightly ajar to see if there was anyone at home. 

 

Unfortunately, no. 

 

I left the door slightly ajar and stepped out into the cold hallway. The hallway was freezing like a huge storage freezer and I rubbed my palms are arms together to keep warm. Someone must have left the air con running in his room but when I check my brothers' room, none of their air conditioner was left on. 

 

I took a deep breath and breathed out through my lips, causing a mini vapor of clouds escaping. I was stunned, alarmed by the fact it was this cold at this type of the season. It was not even close to winter, let alone even autumn yet! I cursed and continued taking small and alert steps as I approached the swirling staircase that led to the ground level. 

 

I touched the railing and jerked my hand back. 

 

It was as cold as ice... and worse off, I could get frost bite. 

 

I was aware that this was unusual but I wanted to head to somewhere warm. The only thing I could think of now is to head outside, despite dressing in long, withered pants and sleeveless. I hugged myself tighter, taking the first few steps down. 

 

I heard the door creaked again. 

 

I looked from the floor level from where I was standing on the staircase back to my room. 

 

Before I could process what was going to happen, I saw a shadow from my room door. 

 

BANG!

 

The room door slammed close by itself, as if someone was throwing a fit. 

 

Or something... 

 

I widened my eyes in alarm and quickly made my way down. I continued to rub my arms together, warming myself as the temperature drop every minute. I almost crawled on the ground, feeling the heat lost from my legs and making them numb and stiff like ice. I limped to the kitchen, trying to open the back door to the garden but failed to. 

 

Something was jamming the door. 

 

I reached over to the thing that caught my eye and shrieked in fright when I realised it was a fingernail. 

 

And a rotten one at that. 

 

I let it dropped on the floor, crawling backwards and away from the creepy finding. I crawled until my back hit the wall. I nearly screamed when I did but stopped myself when I heard footsteps above me. 

 

It was running up and down the hallway, like it was trapped. 

 

It was so inhuman and heavy. I breathed in and out, trying to regain some thoughts but failed to do so. 

 

The cold was dropping tremendously and I found myself turning stiff and numb. 

 

I had to move. 

 

I breathed in and out, the constant appearance of vapor appearing in front of me. I crawled to the archway of the kitchen to the dining room, where I could see the entrance and the end of the staircase from where I was. I paused, thinking of a way to get out and at the same time, not to die in frost. 

 

It was when I realised the footsteps upstairs had stopped. I gulped and peered once more only to hear something heavy, coming down the staircase. It creaked everytime it took a step down. 

 

Something inhuman was in the house with me. 

 

I wanted to scream for help but it was useless. 

 

I could see something at the wall opposite the staircase. 

 

It was a shadow. 

 

I could not see the shadow properly but the thing had stopped. I could see the boots from where I was hiding. I counted mentally, closing my mouth and nose with my hand, to prevent the vapor from betraying my hide out. I peered slightly once more, only letting part of my eyes to see what it was. 

 

The thing made another step down and stopped like as if it could sense me watching it. 

 

I tried to stay as I was but the moment I saw it.... 

 

Its upper torso bend all the way down to its knees, looking so inhuman and without even breaking a bone. The head was covered with its long hair and I was afraid to see the face. I widened my eyes in alarm as it slowly began to twist the head the other side, making a full 270 degrees around. Its neck twisted and I nearly gave out a shriek. 

 

Its hair was still blocking its face. It didn't look either female or male but whatever it is, I was rooted to the ground, stuck to the floor like glue. 

 

It felt my eyes and its head turned to the side. The hand was covered with a red glove or should I say a stained red glove. It pushed away the hair curtain and I gave out the most blood-curdling scream. 

 

Its eyes were bloodshot red and its face was being swarmed by maggots. It began to smile at me, letting some maggots from its inner mouth slipped out and fall on the stairs. Its chuckled evilly, its eyes never leaving me. 

 

"Sun Min...." It called out in the most hoarse and creepiest voice ever. 

 

I screamed again, backing off from the wall and ended up hitting myself on the dining room chairs. 

 

The front door suddenly pounded, as I heard Taemin's and Sungjong's voices outside. They were trying to get to me, shaking the doorknob and shaking the door, trying to save me. But I could not move as the thing went on all fours and started crawling towards me. Its bloodshot eyes never leave me as it made its way to me. 

 

The pounding stopped and I thought, This was it. I'm going to die. 

 

I gave out another blood-curdling scream as the thing came closer. 

 

The smell was foul and pungent. I had to resist the urge to puke as the thing crept closer. 

 

"Sun Min...." It called again, 

 

I felt light headed. 

 

Something blasted from the entrance and the thing disappeared from my vision. 

 

My vision was blurring but I was well aware that Taemin and Sungjong had entered and were coming after me. 

 

I was weak and choked out of air. 

 

Taemin caught me before I hit the ground and Sungjong touched my skin. 

 

"," He cursed, "She's like a frozen meat from the freezer." 

 

Freezer? I thought, 

 

It was freezing just now, was it not? 

 

I couldn't hold on to consciousness and let it slip, taking my vision away and letting me slip in to total darkness.