Chapter 8. [The Savior]

Running Deep.

I didn't know how long I was screaming. 

 

But I was sure no one heard me. 

 

The cold was still swirling around me, enveloping me in every part of my skin, cell and bones. 

 

It was making me feel like I was in hell, 

 

Like I was all alone in the grave, dying by myself. 

 

All I know though, was someone running up to me, his footsteps echoing in my ears. 

 

A hand wrapped around my mouth to stop me from making a wreck. 

 

A soothing voice in my ear to calm myself down. 

 

The cold was gone but it took away my energy as well. 

 

The strong arms grabbed me fast and secure as I felt my eyelids drooped, my eyes rolling to the the back of my head and my whole body falling hopelessly... like a corpse. 

 

The next thing I knew, I heard voices in my head. 

 

"She is still breathing but she was very weak when I found her...." 

 

"How....just how..." 

 

"I heard her screaming from the distance. I happened to wonder about her when I text her  and she didn't reply." 

 

"She did the same to all our texts..." 

 

"Well, it seems like we are invading her privacy but with her like this...." 

 

Someone sniffed and I heard words of comfort from another pair of lips. 

 

I stirred, feeling my whole body stiff and cold. It was like I was reviving from the dead but without a soul. I shook my head a little, releasing part of the stiffness from my neck and trying to shake away the throbbing sensation in my brain. I coughed, sitting up too sudden and spat out something rusty and salty on my sheets. 

 

I coughed, my eyes splitting open and I winced in pain as more rust and salt plus bile coming out of my throat. My hand flew to my chest where my heart beat wildly, releasing the pain in me as fast as possible. I gripped the sheets then, feeling more pain coming up my throat. 

 

I was left panting and gasping for air and water after everything came out of my throat. I coughed, falling back onto my pillows and sighing. I tried to catch my breath but I was feeling exhausted and in pain at the same time. 

 

"SUN MIN!" 

 

Key flew to my side, avoiding the vomit that I just release on my sheets and patted my back. He was in tears, as he watched me fall back and try so hard to push him away but feeling too weak to. 

 

Myungsoo looked at me for a moment. When I didn't meet his eyes, he gave out a huge sigh, collecting my sheets and exiting out my room. 

 

Kevin was there. 

 

Kevin Woo.

 

One of my 6 best friends who are all guys. 

 

He looked at me, a look of worry across his face. He was never this worry but the moment he felt my weak stare, he smiled and flew to my other side. He took my hand and rubbed comforting circles around them, cupping my face and gently making me looked at him. 

 

"Kencanah?" He asked, touching my forehead. 

 

"N-N-Neh..." I coughed though it came out dry and hoarse. 

 

"I'll go and get some drinks...." Sunggyu muttered, making his presence felt for a moment. But he disappeared before I could turned to him. 

 

"I'm going to get some new sheets..." Key said, leaving the room as well. 

 

Jonghyun was not at home, busy taking up his part time job at the cafe nearby. 

 

It was Kevin and me alone in the room. 

 

Kevin scooted closer, resting his back on the headboard of my bed. He pulled me up, helping me have some form of support for my back. He smiled and guide my head to rest on his shoulder. Through this, he never did removed his hand from mine. 

 

"Kevin...." I whispered, closing my eyes for a moment. 

 

"Mmm?" He rubbed the circles on my palm. 

 

"Did you save me?" I asked, 

 

"Sort of...." He smiled, 

 

"Gomayo...." I breathed out. 

 

"Cheon...." 

 

We have another awkward silence between that seems like to go on forever. I breathed out and looked at him. 

 

"Something was there....." I began, "Calling out to me...." 

 

He looked at me and smiled a little.

 

"You were cold and freezing to the point when I got to you." He said, shifting a little, 

 

"Gomayo...once more..." I muttered, resting my head on his shoulder and catching some sleep.