Teo

Droplets

Teo lifted his hand from the drum and looked up. The scenery was beautiful; particularly special to him for the simple reason that that was where he’d met his dearest friends, Sam and Yun, all those years ago. The largest oak tree was the one they always sat under. Just over the subtle hill in front of them was what was the horizon every time it began to get dark; some days, the three of them would stay there for hours.

 

The red hair framed his face as he smiled, the last beat of the song ending on the correct note, as it always did. He placed him drum in the case that sat in the dewy grass adjacent to him. Sam and Yun approached their own and replaced their guitars. Teo’s almond brown eyes narrowed as he looked towards the sun. He knew what time it was: He’d spent so much time there that he’d known exactly the minute anytime he’d looked to the sky. It was only an hour before his mother would usually call him to come home.

 

Teo knew very well that his mother did not want his friends in the house. He hadn’t known what she had against them; they’d been his only friends his entire life. Sure, he’d had others, but none he’d liked as much as Sam and Yun. It was more than likely because no one else took a liking to the other two. He couldn’t see why, though. They were handsome, to say the least. They’d always listen when the redhead needed them to, and they hardly ever disagreed on anything. To Teo, they seemed like the perfect trio. It was beyond him any not even his mother would accept them as his friends.


They walked. The air wasn’t the warmest, and the red coat that he’d wear every chance he got was draped over his left shoulder.