And Then There Was You

Random Oneshots

    A slight breeze rustled the leaves in the trees, creating a sweet little melody. Below them, two boys lay together, side by side. The bigger boy grabbed the smaller one’s hand and pressed it to his lips, causing a shy smile to grace the blonde’s pretty lips. 

 

    “I wonder if the others have noticed we’ve disappeared…” the blonde’s big brown eyes scanned the other male’s face.

 

    “Probably. But we told Hyungwon we were leaving, so it doesn’t matter.” the black-haired male rolled onto his side and rested his hand on his lover’s cheek. “Don’t worry, no one will find us here.”

 

    The blonde was silent for a moment, eyes on the bigger boy’s chin. He was zoned-out, in his own world. He didn’t understand. Wonho loved him, he was sure of that. But how?… Minhyuk played up his cheeriness for the cameras, and he could sense his bandmates falling for it as well. In reality, Minhyuk was insecure, about… everything, to be honest. His dance, vocals, looks. He wasn’t confident. Everywhere he looked, he saw handsome men, beautiful women, all laughing and happy. They knew they were talented, but Minhyuk disliked everything about himself. His mouth was too big, face too big. He was too loud, too hyper, too over-the-top. Although they told him all sorts of excuses why he didn’t get many lines in their songs, he knew the real reason. He couldn’t sing. That was it. Simple. And his dance. Oh my God, his dance. He was rarely in the front, because Shownu was so much better.

 

    A thumb brushing under his eye pulled him back to the world. Minhyuk realized he had started to tear up. Wonho looked down at him in concern, eyes so full of love. Minhyuk ran his tongue over his lips, mouth suddenly dry. How could Wonho make him feel this way with just a look? Like he was soaring above the clouds, never to come down. Minhyuk decided against answering the unspoken question in Wonho’s dark eyes, instead saying, “I’m glad you chose me, over anyone else.”

 

    Wonho gave him a sweet smile. “You know why I chose you, Minhyuk?” Minhyuk tipped his head to one side, curious, amber orbs never straying from Wonho’s. 

 

    “Because… when I see your smile, even the darkest of days shines.

    When I kiss your lips, nothing tastes sweeter.

    When I hold you in my arms, my universe is at peace.

    There is nothing in this world I would rather possess than your heart and love.”

 

    Wonho ended his speech with a little peck on the lips. Minhyuk’s heart swelled until he thought it would burst. Now, this, he knew. He didn’t know if anyone else in this world could make him feel the way Wonho did. And he didn’t want to find out.