Without You

Random Oneshots

 

Hold my hand and draw a circle

We shared this much together.

All of my heart is by your side

Your dream is by mine

 

Living and enduring

If we’re together it’s a little bit happier

It connects again without an end

can’t live without you.

 

    Johnny walked into the dorm, dragging his feet. He stumbled to the couch, lost in thought, and flopped down, not caring how he landed. He gazed up at the ceiling and bit his lip, swallowing back the sob that rose in his throat. Doyoung and Taeyong watched him from the hallway, their hearts sinking. It had been 3 weeks since Johnny’s beloved boyfriend Ten had died, and he wasn’t anywhere near moving on. Ten had been sick, and instead of getting better, he got worse and worse. He eventually just faded away, passing out of this life cuddled in Johnny’s arms. Since then, Johnny had routinely visited his and Ten’s old haunts. He insisted that it helped him feel better; the boys were sure it was only helping him to pretend Ten was still alive.

 

    Meanwhile, a certain young man was perched on top of the nearby table, sad eyes glued to Johnny’s prostrate form. Yes, Ten had returned to his former home. No, no one could see him. He was a ghost. He had been granted half an hour to say goodbye for the last time before moving on to Heaven (or wherever Ten was headed; he had been told many times he would go somewhere ‘very bad and hot and sinful’. Sounded like Ten’s kind of place.) Ten slid off of his table and approached Johnny’s still body. Kneeling down, he found Johnny’s eyes were open, blankly staring at nothing. 

 

    “…Johnny?” Ten’s eyes were hopeful, but his heart crashed down to his toes when Johnny didn’t react. He really can’t see me, he thought, looking down at his hands. He raised his head, determined to make the most of his final moment. “Johnny, I know that you can’t hear me, but I’ll talk anyway. I love you. I know that you know that. At least, I hope you do. Even though I was often too shy to say it out loud. I hope that you could understand how I felt for you through my actions.”

 

    “I’m sorry; I wish we didn’t have to separate so soon in our relationship. We had so much we didn’t get to do, so many moments we’ll never get to share. I miss you… so much. I’ll never forget you - or what we had. I love you.”

    

    Ten leaned forward and brushed his lips against Johnny’s, wishing he could taste them again. He reached out and tried to wipe away Johnny’s tears, wishing he could and feeling his own tears soak his face. 

 

    Ten laid his head in the crook of Johnny’s neck, shoulders shaking as he silently sobbed. Ten could feel his existence fading, and he tried desperately to hold on, on to Johnny and his previous life. His invisible image flickered, and disappeared forever.

 

    As Johnny watched out the window, tears streaming down his cheeks, a new star appeared in the night sky.