"Problems and Solutions"

INEVITABLE MEETING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Eight

"Problems and Solutions"

 

" Yoona lived with her father in Busan actually. But five years ago she moved out and came here. This house was owned by a friend of mine who had also just moved and I told Taehwan and he bought this house for Yoona to live in. She was already pregnant at the time too I bet. I live only two houses down from here and I know all of my neighbors and none of us ever saw Yoona with any male company at all during those times, and not even eight months since she came here, she gave birth. I knew Yoona needed all the help she can get, seeing as her job could barely keep her up with all her kids, and since I am a widow with no children of my own, I volunteered to help in any way that I can. Everyone else around the neighborhood helped in every way they can too, like giving her advice or sending over some things for the babies. It wasn't easy for Yoona believe me, I mean, being a single mother taking care of three kids by herself? She broke down more than a dozen times early on but of course she's doing a lot better now. I really admire the girl, not a single complaint out of her from day one of motherhood. She's a real fighter."

Just talking about Yoona, Jonghyun noticed, brightened Eunhye's features. It was apparent at this point, although she wasn't at the age of being a grandmother, that that was how she felt for the kids and that she sees Yoona as somewhat like a daughter to her.

"What is Yoona's job anyway?" he asked, trying not to imagine Yoona weeping from all the stress of taking care of the kids. He couldn't- wouldn't be guilty. She brought it upon herself after all. She wouldn't have had such a rough time if she hadn't left in the first place.

The older woman's features brightened even more.

"She's a coach, she does voice lessons. She's one of the more popular music teachers around Seoul actually."

Somehow,Jonghyun wasn't surprised at this. But he was slightly surprised however that Yoona settled with giving singing lessons rather than pursuing a career of being an actual singer which he knew she wanted for as long as he knew her, or rather when he thought he knew her.

"But it isn't enough though," Eunhye continued, getting Jonghyun's attention yet again. "You can only earn so much at being a voice coach and it's never enough for her to support her kids, not to mention she's got three of them. So on weekends she sings at Triple J's, a western themed restaurant for additional income."

"She can't support her own kids?" Jonghyun asked, trying to stop a frown from showing on his features. This thought alone was disturbing to him. He never knew Yoona had any sort of financial issues. When he knew her then she wasn't the richest of people but she and her father got by well enough for an average family.

Eunhye shook her head. "That's why she, or rather, we are all grateful for Kyuhyun's help."

Jonghyun clenched his jaw at the mention of the man. "What about Yoona's father?" he asked, trying not to think about Kyuhyun or Hyuna. He's had a hell of a time trying to control his temper on his way here. He drove like a maniac and it had taken him every ounce of control in him to not purposely hit someone with his car along the streets.

The smile on her face faltered, replaced by a sad one.

"Taehwan died only just a year ago because of an illness. He had been helping Yoona in every way he could by visiting often, spending time with the kids, offering financial aid, so when he passed away, Yoona was left to fend for herself and take care of the children. I bet she would've broken down to no return if Kyuhyun wasn't around for her. Without Kyuhyun, Hyuna would probably have- are you alright?"

Jonghyun snapped out of it and turned to her. Eunhye was looking down pointedly at his hands which were on the arms of the chair he was sitting on. They were both pale, as white as a sheet from his death grip on the wood.

"I-"

" Jonghyun?"

The two adults turned to the doorway where the boys were standing, watching them with questioning faces.

"What're you doing here?" Jonghoon asked him before glancing at their nanny.

Eunhye smiled at them and set down Hyuna's dress. "We were just having an adult conversation boys. Now, you two get changed into your pajamas. It's about time you two get into bed. Yoona would have a fit if she found out you were still awake at this hour."

"We'll be back, don't leave yet okay?" Jonghyuk told Jonghyun before the two left and ran down the hallway to their room.

Sighing with a loving smile on her face, Eunhye shook her head and turned to Jonghyun.

"The boys really are taken with you. It's like they're treating you as if you were their father."

A smile tugged the corner of Jonghyun's lips as she said this. 'You have no idea,' Jonghyun thought exasperatedly, before a thought entered his mind. "Do you have Yoona's number?"

Eunhye nodded and cocked her head to the side in question.

"I need to ask her something," he replied simply.

With a puzzled look, Eunhye searched Yoona's name in her phonebook and handed it to him.

"Thank you," he said before leaving towards the living room for some privacy.

 

 

Kyuhyun looked at Yoona worriedly as she started to cry yet again.

"But Yoona," he said tentatively, "Lee Jonghyun is their father, there's pretty much nothing you can do. As such, he has his rights over them and he might do something about it. And now that he knows he's the father, what if he tries something to take them from you? You have to tell them."

Yoona looked up at him, her face frantic. "I know that," she said in barely a whisper. "It's just, I-I'm afraid the kids might hate me if they find out."

"I understand but think about it. Would it really be better finding out from him? Their supposedly-dead father? Or from you? Their mother whom they know and trust and have been by their side since they were born?"

Kyuhyun felt guilty as he saw the new tears starting to form in her eyes. He didn't know just how long they spent sitting by the chairs along the hallway outside Hyuna's room, but he has certainly been faced with the most confusing predicament he's ever heard for some time now. He knew Yoona didn't tell him the whole story, from everything she's said, there were a few holes in it that got him wondering. But what she's basically told him was that she and Jonghyun dated since they were teenagers, until they broke up when she was around 21 years old. She left him without knowing she was actually pregnant with his kids and that marked their separation and Jonghyun's rise to fame as an actor. And now that Jonghyun's back, he found out that the kids were his but the kids didn't know he was their father.

The question that lingered in his mind and what he was itching to ask her was why did she even leave him in the first place? The way she's been talking about him got him thinking she loved him, so…why?

"What the heck am I gonna do?" Yoona asked helplessly before letting her face fall onto her palms yet again with another round of tears.

'Maybe I'll ask later,' Kyuhyun thought before settling his arm around her shoulder and rubbing her arm up and down comfortingly.

 

 

"W-What?"

"You heard me Yoona. The boys are going to change in their rooms, I want you to talk to them and tell them they have your permission. Early in the morning, I'll take them with me since your busy doing God knows what with your other kid and that guy from before. I'll bring them back Sunday evening."

Yoona could feel new tears springing to her eyes. Just how many times has she cried in the last few hours?

"I…" she trailed off but Jonghyun was still silent in the other line. She didn't have a choice. "Okay, can I talk to Eunhye? I'll tell her about it so she can prepare a change of clothes for the boys."

There was a short pause before the older woman's voice spoke.

" Yoona?"

"Eunhye, Jonghyun will be there tomorrow morning to pick up the boys. They'll be staying over with him for a night. Can you please pack some overnight clothes for them?"

"Very well, what about you though? What time will you be coming back tomorrow?"

"Hold on," Yoona covered the phone and turned to Kyuhyun. "What time will Hyuna be able to leave?"

"I discussed it with the other doctors earlier. It'll depend on her test results that'll come tomorrow morning."

Yoona nodded at him before turning back to the phone. "I'm not sure yet. It'll depend on tomorrow's results. So I guess it really will be better for the boys to be with him for the weekend."

"Okay. I'll get right to it and- oh, the boys are back, do you want to tell them yourself?"

"Alright, put them on please."

 

 

 

"Jonghyun!"

Nana glanced at the door leading to the master bedroom before looking back down at the day's paper and taking a sip of her usual morning coffee.

Frowning, she calle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter