"Several Faults"

INEVITABLE MEETING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Ten

"Several Faults"

 

"Good evening! Table for…?"

The waitress glanced past Yoona, her eyebrows raised at the unusual group. Already noting Yoona's demure white dress and the white ribbon that was tied like a headband on her head, she found it quite adorable to spot the mini version of the grown woman just standing a little behind her, and gripping onto her mother's skirt looking bashful. She too was wearing a white dress with her short hair tied in pigtails with white ribbons.

It wasn't only this that made the whole sight unusual, but also the two identically dressed little boys not far behind who were standing so close to each other and talking to one another in really hushed tones. Not to mention the man whose hair, which was peeking from under his black cap, matched that of the boys and his entire attire matched theirs as well.

"Five," Yoona replied, taking the waitress' attention before she could get a clearer look at Jonghyun. If she did, they'd be surely in trouble.

 

 

"What do you mean?" Jonghoon whispered back, brows furrowed. "Are you sure you heard her right?"

Jonghyuk nodded feverishly, the look on his face as serious as it can get for a five year old. "When I went in, the first thing I heard was that woman telling someone to 'look up the name Im Yoona in every hospital'. She was already shouting when I came in but that's the first thing I heard clearly. Then she said something about Busan, Seoul and something about not telling anyone, I can't really remember the words but I'm sure that's what she meant. Then….then there's also that last thing I told you," he finished unsurely.

"Jonghyun got Im Yoona pregnant'," he quoted, repeating what his brother had told him earlier.

Jonghyuk nodded yet again.

"I don't really understand it," Jonghoon admitted truthfully as they walked on into the restaurant after their sister and mother with Jonghyun tailing them from behind. "Mom isn't married to Jonghyun. How can she be pregnant? And mom doesn't look big enough to be pregnant," he pointed out smartly, gesturing a hand over his stomach.

"Maybe it's really nothing.  We don't even know what that means," Jonghyuk said. "And I'm more curious why she would ask someone to check hospitals for mom's name."

"Do you think mom's sick?" Jonghoon asked looking worried now.

"Mom would have told us if she is," Jonghyuk said, taking off his cap and scratching his head. "Do you think we should ask Kyuhyun about it? He works in a hospital. Maybe he'll understand."

"Yeah, maybe he-"

"Exactly what are you talking about that's gotten you two so preoccupied?"

Jonghyuk and Jonghoon whipped their heads towards Yoona.

"Nothing!" they replied in unison.

Yoona raised a brow at them, not at all convinced. Actually, it wasn't at all unusual to see them both talking like this. In fact, she was already used to seeing them huddled together like this especially before she leaves for a date. This time, however, was different. They were both completely blocking out all of them from their conversation, including Hyuna. They always let Hyuna in on their plans but this time, they were completely ignoring her, obviously preferring to talk amongst just the two of them.

"Boys…" Yoona said in a questioning yet warning tone.

"Really mom…"

"…it's nothing."

With one last suspicious look at them, Yoona turned to Yoona and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Why don't we place our orders?" Jonghyun spoke up.

 

 

"Nana," Joe said into his phone, trying to conceal the exasperation in his tone. "Jonghyun just went into a restaurant with the twins. There's also a woman and a little girl with them, but I never saw them before."

"Okay, you can leave there and make the calls to the hospitals. Call me back once you get something on Im Yoona."

"Fine," he replied curtly before the connection broke off, indicating Nana ended the call. "What the hell has gotten into her," he muttered with a frown etched on his face. With one last look at the restaurant, Joe drove off.

 

 

Nana tossed her cell onto the bed and walked towards the large glass windows of her room in the suite she and Jonghyun were staying.

"Why did we have to come back to Seoul?" she asked herself, irritated. "This is all your fault Jung Hoo Dong-ssi.’ ’she muttered to herself, sighing deeply. If he hadn't threatened Jonghyun to take this job, they wouldn't be back in Korea at all.

 

 

"Do you guys want dessert?" Yoona asked, though already knowing the answer to her question.

"Ice cream," the group chorused, Jonghyun included.

Yoona sent him an amused look before waving a passing waiter over.

"Yes miss? What can I get you?" he replied, bending close to Yoona and flashing her a dazzling smile.

Jonghyun had a sudden urge to punch his face.

"Uhm, yes," Yoona said, inching slightly away from him. "What flavors of ice cream do you serve here?"

"We have all the basic flavors, Chocolate, Vanilla, Mocha, Strawberry, Cookies and Cream and Rocky Road. If you're more interested in something a little different, we also have Butter Pecan, Green Tea, Coconut, L-"

"Great!" Yoona cut in. "Well, we'll have two scoops a cone each please; two Chocolates, one Vanilla, one with a scoop of Chocolate and a scoop of Vanilla, and one Strawberry."

With one deep bow, the waiter left. But not before flashing another dazzling smile at Yoona.

Jonghyun glared after him.

"Mom," the boys said.

"How did you know that Jonghyun's favorite…"

"…is Chocolate and Vanilla ice cream?"

This caught Jonghyun's attention. He hadn't even thought about that until the boys mentioned it. He glanced up at Yoona whom, he noticed, visibly tensed up.

"I..." Yoona cleared at this. "I didn't. I ordered two flavors just in case," she told the boys before turning to Jonghyun. "Lucky guess, huh?"

With an eyebrow raised, Jonghyun shrugged. "Lucky guess," he agreed, although halfheartedly.

The boys looked at Jonghyun, then at Yoona before looking at each other.

 

 

"Wipe your hands first," Yoona instructed, handing Jonghyuk, Jonghoon, and Hyuna a wet tissue each before replacing the packet in her bag.

The three hastily wiped their hands and held them up for her to inspect.

With an approving nod from her, the three held each other's hands and ran off to the mini playground set up in the mall they were currently in.

"Be careful! And boys, watch over your sister!" Yoona called out before she and Jonghyun headed towards an empty bench close by.

 

 

"What are you guys looking at?" Hyuna asked, trying to look over her brothers' shoulders. They were slightly taller than her, and with both of them in front of her, she couldn't see a thing.

The boys broke their gaze from their mother and Jonghyun who were now sitting on a bench alone together and turned to Hyuna.

"Nothing," they replied in unison, making her frown slightly.

 

 

"Where are they?" Yoona asked, mostly to herself. So when Jonghyun replied, it was quite a shock to her.

"They went over to the slide I think. Don't worry so much. Those boys are smarter than you think."

Yoona blushed and looked down, ceasing her attempts to look past the other kids to find her own. "I'm not saying they aren't smart," she said, slightly defensive. "I know they're smarter than kids their own age. They prove that to me time and again. Jonghyuk's only older by a few minutes, but he acts like the big brother to Jonghoon and Hyuna. Jonghoon's the more outspoken one; some might describe him as the ruder one, and Hyun-"

"Who described them as being rude?" he interrupted with a frown, looking straight at Yoona.

This made her uncomfortable. She couldn't very well tell Jonghyun that the previous guys she had dated, or rather attempted to date, found the boys rude. Who wouldn't? After all, they did always try to scare them away from her.

"Some of my friends at work," she half lied. Some of her dates were her colleagues after all.

Jonghyun didn't look into her reply. "Well, they probably don't know them very well. Not as much as I do I'm sure."

"Probably," Yoona echoed, now fidgeting on her seat.

Looking straight ahead, Jonghyun sat quite still. "v," he began. He's been itching to ask her a lot of questions and now's a good a time as any. "I-"

"I want to thank you," Yoona cut in, talking rapidly, making Jonghyun look at her in bewilderment. Seeing the look on his face, Yoona breathed in a few times before speaking again. "I-I want to thank you Jonghyun….for agreeing to come out today with us. You must have a busy schedule but yet you still agreed to come. So, thank you. My boys have really taken to you."

"Our boys," Syaoran corrected.

"Excuse me?"

"Our boys Yoona," he repeated almost harshly, giving more emphasis that they belonged to him as much as they did to her.

 

 

"What are you guys talking about?" Hyuna asked, jumping up from behind Jonghyuk and Jonghoon.

"Hyuna!" they chorused in surprise at the arrival of their sister.

"Where are Soo A and the others?" Jonghyuk asked, looking past her shoulder to the new friends they had made in the playground.

Hyuna pointed towards the swings where a little girl slightly older than them was swinging by herself with a few kids nearby jumping around and laughing.

"Why did you leave her?"

"What are you guys talking about? You'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter