"Returning Favors"

INEVITABLE MEETING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Three

"Returning Favors"

"What really is your relationship with the lovely Park Nana? We've heard a lot of gossip now and again for the past few years that you two are officially dating but no one has ever gotten a confirmation from either of you. So, I ask now, is it true?"

"Well, I-"

"It's true, Jonghyun and I have been dating for some time now. And we both hope all of you w-"

The image on the screen disappeared and turned black before Nana got her final words out, making Kyuhyun turn to Yoona.

"Hey, what's up? The news wasn't finished. And it's quite interesting knowing a ruckus is going on not far from here," he said thoughtfully.

Yoona looked back at him guiltily before replacing the controller to the TV on the shelf beside it.

"I'm sorry Kyuhyun, too much TV is bad for the kids. I try to limit the time they spend watching TV as much as possible," she responded truthfully, glancing over at Hyuna.

With a doubtful brow raised at her, Yoona merely smiled an innocent smile at the man.

"If you say so," he said, letting it go…for now.

 

 

Outside, just by the kitchen doorway, two little boys were arguing, which wasn't often.

"You tell her," Jonghoon said.

"No, you," Jonghyuk replied.

Both twins looked at the other, trying to make the other lose,

"What about…"

"…we tell her together?"

The two grinned at the other before clasping the other's hand and taking a deep breath simultaneously before stepping through the doorway.

"Mother."

Yoona turned to her boys who were looking back at her with identical serious faces.

"Yes?"

"We have business with you…"

"…about this Saturday."

Gesturing towards the two unoccupied seats of the dining table, Yoona nodded for them to take it.

"And what sort of 'business' is this?"

"Jonghoon and I have plans…"

"…and we are here to ask for your consent on the matter."

Kyuhyun watched the scene with his face resting against his palm, an elbow on the table, his features holding one of great interest.

"What sort of plans did you two make?" Yoona asked, brows raised in pure curiosity. This was the first time the boys ever brought up such a thing up that seemed so serious to them and it intrigued her at what the 5 year olds could possibly have in mind.

"We want to go to the town not far from Seoul…"

"…we heard there's a new theme park opening."

"Ah!" said Kyuhyun, a smile spreading across his face. "I heard of that. Neverland Theme Park is having its grand opening this weekend."

"Neverland?" the two boys repeated, never heard of the word before.

"Is that the name of the theme park?" Jonghyuk asked.

Kyuhyun nodded. "It's the name of the theme park and the town. The theme park's located in a small town not far from here actually. They named the new theme park after the Peter Pan story."

"Great, so mom can we go?" Jonghoon asked, grinning as much as his brother was after hearing the place wasn't that far to go to.

"No," Yoona said dismissingly, making the boys frown as well as surprising Kyuhyun. She was never one to say no to her boys unless the request was particularly unreasonable, but this really wasn't.

"W-Why not?" they both asked, not believing their mother had just said the word so easily.

"I have to take Hyuna for a routine check-up every Saturday, and that begins this Saturday," she replied casually and nodding towards Kyuhyun.

The pair turned to the observing man.

Kyuhyun's brows raised as the boys him with pleading looks on their faces. "How did I get involved in this?"

"You're her doctor!" Yoona called from the sink.

"Can't you move the check-up…"

"…to another day? Like Sunday?"

Not at all immune to the looks on the boys' faces, he turned to Yoona instead.

"O-Oy Yoona!" he called, sounding helpless as he looked down at the pair of pleading, glassy and round dark-brown eyes.

Sighing, Yoona went back to the table and looked at the twin boys pointedly in silence.

Both merely grinned back at her, but their eyes were still begging.

She wasn't immune to it either.

"Fine," she muttered regrettably, getting loud cheers from the boys. "But," the boys fell silent at this, of course there was a 'but', there was always a 'but'. "If Eunhye agrees to take you. I still have to take Hyuna for the check-up, we'll go there as soon as we can."

The boys started cheering yet again after hearing this.

"Eunhye didn't even agree yet," Yoona reminded them but that didn't stop them from cheering.

"If you say it's okay…"

"…then we're sure she'll say it's okay too."

Apparently, the 38 year old nanny wasn't immune to their puppy-dog eyes either.

 

 

"Boys! Boys!" Eunhye called out, trying to keep an eye on the two very restless 5 year olds.

It was Saturday and Jonghyuk, Jonghoon along with their nanny, Eunhye were already in Neverlans. They had only just arrived outside the newly opened theme park and the boys were immediately running around as they got out of their seats from the taxi.

They ran back towards their nanny with identical grins on their faces.

"Okay, I convinced your mother that we will only be doing two rides until she gets here. So after the two rides, you have to agree with me and stay put until she arrives with Hyuna, then maybe you can go on to more."

Nodding, the two took hold of their nanny, a hand each as they entered the park after paying the fee.

"What ride do you want to go on first?"

"That!" they immediately said, pointing up at the largest attraction in the park.

Eunhye turned to the Ferris Wheel situated at the middle area of the large park. It was a safe enough ride for their age.

 

T

aking a deep breath, Nana opened the door that led to the make-up room.

"Hi!" she greeted, smiling at the three people inside.

The make-up artist and hair stylist both smiled and nodded her way. The man they were currently prepping, however, had a frown on his face as he saw his agent walking in to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter