Not So Last Day

Jiwon's New Friend

Haneul was busy packing some of her stuffs in Jiwon's room. She has to go back in 2 days to Busan. She loves staying in Seoul, because all her friends is here. But she needs to finish her Fashion Design Master Study at Pukyong National University, before she can moves to Seoul and starts her own Fashion Line like she always wanted.

"하늘아~" called a deep voice from outside the room. She knew it is no other than Wonsik.

"Yes? Come in." she replied. Wonsik peeked inside the room. He went over to sit near by Haneul in between her stuffs that still all over the floor.

"You are going back today?" Wonsik asked. Haneul shook her head, "No, the day after tomorrow." Wonsik sighed hard enough to made Haneul asked. "Why is it? Something wrong?"

Wonsik didn't mean to sigh that loud. "I.... I..." He stuttered. "Do you want to go out with me? Tomorrow?" Haneul has waited for this since week ago, and at last Wonsik has the guts to asked her. Haneul smiled shyly. But she can not helped herself not to tease Wonsik.

"I will ask Jiwon if she can come too tomorrow, she has to go to her school for some festival or something."

"No.. No... Don't ask Jiwon. That's why I asked you tomorrow, because I knew she won't be at home." Wonsik abruptly said that.

Haneul gave Wonsik the so-you-prepared-for-this face. And Wonsik realized Haneul was teasing him. He blushed and laughed awkwardly.

"Let's go then! So is it a date?" Haneul asked him. Wonsik nodded. "Yes, it's a date."

 

•••

 

Haneul stand in front of a flower shop at Samcheongdong browsing a mini size cactus on the display. When she realized Wonsik is not beside her, she looked around searching for him. She wanted to look for him to the next shops but she was afraid, what if Wonsik went back and could not find her here.

Haneul called Wonsik but he did not answer.

Suddenly a warm hand squeezed her left shoulder. Without looking at the person, Haneul knew it's Wonsik only by his scent. Secretly, Haneul loves how Wonsik smell. Not a perfume like scent, but he smells like a fresh mint soap like he just went out from a bathroom.

Wonsik other hand held a double scoop of ice cream. He offered it in front of Haneul nose. A cookies cream and cotton candy flavor. Haneul thought the flavour would not really match, but she loves anything that she could swallow as long it's eatable and good. So she did not mind.

She took the ice cream from Wonsik's hand and it right away. Wonsik grabbed Haneul's free hand to find somewhere to sir, while Haneul was already busy with the ice cream.

They sat on a bench under a tree. It's romantic, Wonsik thought. He only sat there, stared at Haneul. He loves the way Haneul did not care and kept eating the ice cream. Until Haneul realized that Wonsik was looking at him. She stopped the ice cream.

"Where is your Ice Cream?" Haneul asked Wonsik. Then she looked at the ice cream on her hand, not sure she asked again. "Are we supposed to be sharing this?" She bit her lower lips. That simple gesture was enough to make Wonsik nervous and stuttered. "Ummm... Y... Y... Yes..."

Haneul grinned and laughed. She put the ice cream in front of Wonsik's mouth. "Okay, your turn to it. 5 !" She
Said.

It was hillarious, it made Wonsik more nervous. Haneul is the most genuine girl she ever met, at least in his opinion. He then obeyed to only the ice cream 5 times. He counted.

"You really counting it?" Haneul burst into a messy laugh. "I was kidding. You cutie!" She kept laughing and did not realized what she just called Wonsik with. Wonsik blushed so red until you can see it clearly on his not so white cheek.

They finished the ice cream together. They laughed and giggled to one another without any single words was out. It is weird, but I guess that is how when you know two people are in love with each others.

"Can I eat all the left cone?" Haneul asked. Wonsik nodded with a smile from ear to ear. He could not hold it, he pinched Haneul cheek while Haneul swallowing the cone. "귀여워!" This time Haneul was the one who blushed. "I like you, you know it right?" He added.

Haneul nodded while trying to stay composed. She is his Noona anyway. She needs to stay control.

Without any notice, Wonsik kissed Haneul on her forehead. Haneul could not stay cool, she was loosing it. She giggled and it made Wonsik feels relieved. "So, can I be your boyfriend?" Wonsik asked. He did not need to ask actually, but he just wanted to make sure. He wanted to make it clear. That Haneul is his. Haneul did not answer, he just hugged Wonsik and rested on his chest. And they stayed like that for a couple good minutes.