What a coincidence

If I Could
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are these?!” A few dresses were nicely put on her bed. Her feet started to run towards her mom's bedroom.

“Mom, it seems like you owe me an explanation.” Of course, her anger was unstoppable. Her eyes was looking at her mother furiously.  

Instead of answering her, Ms. Heo lips curved into a smile and pulled her body into a warm hug. This make her cooled down a bit. 

She took a deep breath and started again, “Mom, you know I won't wear this. Why don't you give these to unnie? She looks so gorgeous while I'm just a 'boyish' kid.” She lay her bottom on her bed while her hands holding the dresses. It's so beautiful but it doesn't suit me.

“Take these.” She's handling the dresses to her mom. A bitter smile formed on her lips.

“Youngji-ah, you must wear one of these dresses tonight. I believed that my daughters are pretty in whatever they're wearing. Anyway, I also bought heels for you. If you're uncomfortable with it, you can wear your sandal.” Her mother placed the dresses back on her lap.

Youngji pulled the covers aside, then slid herself out of the bed. She grabbed her mother's right arm but she won't facing her. Her mother's fingers wiped the tears on her cheek. She made her way out of the room to get ready for the dinner.

Youngji was left alone in the room, clueless and confused at the same time. The sound of the the tears makes her heart aching badly. She lay her body on the bed while her eyes fixed on the empty white ceiling. She wrapped her arms around her cute baymax doll and talked to the doll. “I'm so stupid, right?”

She get herself into the covers and started to cry, thinking all her faults. I'm such an useless daughter. Forgive me, mom.

The sound of the knocking door disturbed her deep sleep. The thick covers and the pillows have been kicked away, her feet touched the floor and headed towards the door. Feeling tired, her hand grabbed the knob lazily while the other one was covering her yawning mouth. 

“Unnie, what's the matter?” She rubs her heavy eyes.

“Omo, you didn't take a shower yet? Hurry up or you'll be late!”

The dinner. Her sister was right. She took a pink towel beside her desk and went straight to the bathroom. 

As soon as she walked out, her eyes glued on the hung dresses. Should I?

She let out a deep sigh and keep staring at the dresses. 

“So, will you wear it?”

She didn't realize that her sister was lying on the bedroom, watching her all the time. 

“I do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter