Spin The Bottle

Truth or Dare

 

“Let’s do Spin the Bottle,” Jihyo said. “You guys know how to play it right?”

Everyone nodded. It’s a pretty popular game but also too common. The leader then wondered how come they never played this game before.

“Though, let’s put some twists,” she smirked. “First, you can’t consecutively be picked. That means if the bottle was pointed at you twice, we need to spin the bottle again but that doesn’t mean you won’t get picked again. Second, do not ask or dare something you can’t do. If the picked member can’t answer or do the dare, you will do it otherwise and if you failed do it you will suffer from consequences.  But if you did, you’ll be given the chance to refuse either only one truth or dare. ”

Jihyo paused and when she saw everyone’s paying attention she continued. “And lastly, here comes the fun part. Once you chose, there’s no changing it back. But here’s the catch, you can pass either the question or dare given to you to other member.”

“So you’re saying we can pass a dare to any of us here?” Dahyun asked.

“Yes but just for once though. So you better think twice whatever dare or question you’ll ask. Do you have any other questions?”Jihyo turned to her members.

Momo raised her hand. “Um why are you mentioning our group and fans’ name?”

The leader facepalmed. The peach can be really clueless sometimes. It’s true though, when they were asked who’s member is more different off stage, everyone agreed it’s Momo. When she’s on stage she becomes a completely different person. She isn’t really called the dancing machine of Twice just for no reason.

“Okay do you have any other questions?” Jihyo asked. She waited for some questions but nothing came so she just shrugged. “Well then, let’s spill some tea.”

Jihyo positioned the bottle and exhaled deeply before spinning the bottle. Everyone’s gaze never left the bottle. If only everyone could see the scene then everyone would die just to be in the bottle’s place. Imagine nine beautiful and talented women giving all their attention to you, what more can a fan ask for right?

Everyone’s heart skipped a beat the same time the bottle stopped spinning. Their gazes immediately shift from the bottle to the shocked Jihyo. The head of the bottle was poined at Jihyo while the back was pointing at Jeongyeon. The leader actually felt confident until then. Just to think she made them play this game just to have fun is now a big slap to her face.

Across from her Jeongyeon is trying so hard to contain her laughter. Where’s her luck in that? Jihyo thought. She wondered what that girl crush might be thinking. She rolled her eyes at her and says, “Keep it.”

 “Okay fine let’s start,” the short haired girl said while trying to calm herself down. “Truth or dare?"

The human mic thought for a moment. “Truth,” she finally answered boldly.

Jeongyeon smirked and Jihyo somewhat felt she made the wrong decision but nope, there’s no going back. The former is known for her charisma and playful personality and the latter doesn’t want to mess with it. Positive mind, her mind screamed that’s her motto after all.

“Who among the members is your favorite?”

The question hanged in the air for so long. Jihyo who is known for being loud and talkative is now unable to talk or even mutter a response. She let the question sinked in and when she finally came back to her senses, she automatically glared at Jeongyeon.

The short-haired girl has satisfaction written all over her face. Among the members, she is indeed the best in teasing.

“That isn't fair. I'm the leader, I'm not supposed to pick favorites,” Jihyo protested. Her mind battled whether to answer or not. She was completely taken aback. This is exactly what she wanted to avoid. Being a leader isn’t as simple as it seems.

“It’s whether you answer the question or pass.”

Jihyo frowned. She can’t believe this is happening. She looked around and saw everyone waiting for her response. She sighed. This is probably the hardest decision she’ll ever make.

“Okay fine. My favorite member is Jihyo,” she said confidently. She is a member too, it isn’t like Jeongyeon made her pick other than herself. Thank goodness her mind is working.

Jeongyeon stifled a laugh. “You’re really good at this, aren’t you? Well that was boring we already know Tzuyu is your favorite anyway.”

The leader was shocked. No it can’t be. She is being fair. But is she really? She tried thinking about the matter. She does take care of Tzuyu a lot though, but only because she’s the youngest and she needed her the most plus she came from a foreign country. Being away from her family and all, she knew it isn’t easy for the maknae. Is she being unfair? Maybe that’s why Momo thinks she’s not satisfied with the leader. Maybe it’s because she's still lacking in so many ways.

“Anyway let’s spin the bottle again.”

They did. And this time, Momo got picked.

“Now Moguri,” Sana thought for a moment. “Truth or dare?”

She felt hungry. Every time Momo feel nervous she felt that way. Food has its own way to calm her nerves that’s why she thinks of foods most of the time. On top of that, it’s her closest buddy.

“Truth,” Momo breathed out. She didn’t even realize she’s holding her breathe until then.

The squirtle clapped her hands and say, “Good answer. Now, why are you sneaking late at night? What are you doing? What could be this secret you’re hiding?”

“Sana unnie isn’t that unfair? You’re supposed to ask her only one question,” Dahyun asked.

“That’s right don’t be too hard on Moguri,” Nayeon agreed.

“Ya when Jeongyeon was roasting me earlier y’all didn’t do anything, why are you butting in now?” Thomas pouted.

Everyone laughed. They all know the answer anyway. In this house, no one messes with Jeongyeon well unless you’re Tzuyu or even Nayeon sometimes.

“Jihyo unnie saranghaeyo,” Tzuyu said while forming her hands into a heart.

“Bullies,” the leader muttered and then shook her head. “Let’s go back to Momo now.”

With everyone’s gaze on her now, she felt more nervous. The peach took a deep breathe. What could she lose? And besides these people around her aren’t just some people, they are her family. They would accept her and love her no matter what, that’s what she know for sure.

“Jokbal,” Momo finally said. “I was sneaking at night to eat jokbal.”

There was a silence at first but then everyone erupted into a loud laughter. The dancing Mochine is sneaking late at night to eat, and more importantly for jokbal.

“Ya is that why you’re always missing whenever I accidentally woke up at midnight?” Jeongyeon chuckled.

Momo can now feel her cheeks getting hot. She must have looked like a tomato by now.

“Omo our Moguri, why are you so embarrassed?”

“It’s okay Momo unnie we won’t judge you.”

“Don’t worry I’ll buy you jokbal whenever you want to!”

The members kept assuring her and Momo somehow felt relieved but that last sentence perked up her ears.

“Really?” she asked while searching for the owner of the voice.

“That’s right Momo unnie just ask us if you’re craving for some, we can always eat jokbal together,” Dubu gave her a reassuring smile.

The peach felt like tearing up. She’s always been a sensitive person. Even the smallest things can make her heart melt. This isn’t an exception. Twice has become her new family and she honestly didn’t know what to do without them. They accepted her for who she was and she’s never been grateful until now.

Ever since Sixteen, she’s always doubting herself whether she’s doing well or not. It’s just that she never gained her confidence back after she got eliminated. Maybe that’s why she’s been so clingy to those she’s close with. Maybe it’s because she’s afraid she’ll make the same mistakes she made back then over and over again. She needed guidance and the confidence she lack.

Momo wanted to stand on her own again, she really want to but with these eight people in front of her it’s hard not to depend on them. They made her feel safe and most of all they could give her the courage she needs.

“Momoring why are you crying?” Nayeon turns on her and pulled her into a hug. Mina then joined the two. Soon enough everyone’s gathered into a circle, wrapping their arms into each other.

“Ya this isn’t some kind of drama, stop being so emo,” Jeongyeon said trying to ruin the dramatic moment but eventually gave up and joins in. At moments like this, they don’t need the world but rather just themselves. Just Twice.

It was just so funny sometimes how easily the air could switch from light to heavy or vice versa. Everyone gathered themselves and the emotional moment soon finished after a couple of minutes and the game was resumed.

Jihyo wanted to laugh at the irony. The bottle was spinned and it pointed at the ostrich that is Yoo Jeongyeon. She smirked. It’s pay back time.

“Jeong, truth or dare?”

The tallest member thought of the possibilities if she chose either truth or dare but there’s no way out for escape in either way. She turned to look at Jihyo and regretted it when she saw the smug look on her face. She sighed. It’s now or never.

“Dare,” she boldly said.

“I knew it!” Jihyo clapped her hands. “Anyway now, Yoo Jeongyeon…”

Jeongyeon felt like Thomas is doing it on purpose. She doesn’t want to give her the satisfaction but she’s succeeding. She could already hear the drum rolls in her ears and the fast beat of her heart. Now whatever soon she’ll be hearing, it will be the worst. She knew it for sure.

“I dare you to kiss one member you like the most.”

And just then the bomb exploded. Horror could be seen in her face. Everyone in this room know she hates kissing the most. She could feel her heart beat just a few seconds ago but it feels like she can’t feel it now. It felt like she stopped breathing. She then turned to Jihyo and the latter gave her an apologetic look.

What now?

A huge silence came afterwards to the point everyone could hear the pin drop. And then gazes turned to Jeongyeon as she stood up and turned to three particularly person on her right. Nayeon, Momo and Mina.

She took a step closer and bowed down so her head is now aligned to them. She didn’t have to decide then, because she already know it way before and she know it completely now. Jeongyeon faced this particular girl and came closer. When their faces is only an inch apart, she closed her eyes and took a deep breathe.

Your life is what you chose.

She thought about her motto for a moment before she locked eyes with the most beautiful person she ever laid her eyes on and muttered something in a low voice.

“Pass.”

 


A/N: First of all I want to say I'm really really sorry. I haven't updated for like 3 months. I've been busy at school and first term just ended so I'm kind of free now. Anyway thank you for subscribing and leaving some comments, it means a lot :) Hope you enjoyed reading this and I'll try to update very soon to make it up to you. I'm really sorry again and have a great day!