Plans

I Fell in Love With a Nerd

Yoseob's POV

"So she's seriously your project partner?"  Kikwang asked me for the 35463138th time.  I groaned and nodded my head.  The sound of his laughter erupted into my ear.  We were at the park throwing the basketball around like we did everyday. 

"Bwahaha!  At least your partner will do all the work for you," Kikwang said, sticking his tongue out at me.  "Sure, Ji Eun may be ugly and socially awkward and an introvert an-"  I slapped the back of his head, annoyed at his words because even though I knew they were true, I didn't want to hear them.  

Kikwang whined and rubbed the back of his head, holding the ball with hand again his waist.  "Even though she's all of that, she'll do a good job on your project."

I scowled.  "What do you mean SHE'LL do a good job on MY project?!"  I said sharply.  "It's going to be a group effort and I'm going to contribute my smartness!"

Kikwang snickered.  "Smartness?  That's not a word, genius."  He laughed at me once more as I felt myself grow smaller.  "You better let Ji Eun check all the grammar,~" he teased me.  

"WELL WHO'S YOUR PARTNER HUH?" I shouted, as he passed the ball to me.  "HYOKUNG OR SOMETHING?"  I dribbled the ball frustratingly.  

"Hyosung," Kikwang pronounced, as I passed the ball back to him.  He eyed the hoop and shot the ball into the basket.  It bounced off the backboard and rolled inside.  "She's supposed to be a nerd too.  I hope we can get a good grade on the project. What are we supposed to do again?"  He asked as he ran to get the rebound.

"We have to choose one of those books and read it and make an alternate ending and stuff," I replied.  "Ugh, this project is HUGE."  

"Well at least we have smart people and not stupid ones like that pabo Yunho.  [A/N: btw, this is just a random name, so if you know anyone with that name, it's just a coincidence. LOL. i dont bash. :D not really]

"Aish, don't even mention that idiot!"  I snapped.  "He cheated off me during a test but still failed beacuse he copied my answers wrong."  

Kikwang broke out laughing, letting the ball drop and roll around the floor while grabbing his stomach.  "HAHAHA OH GAWD.  WHO THE HECK COPIES ANSWERS WRONG?  BWAHAHA!"  

I chuckled, cracking a small smile while picking up the ball.  "I'm going to do good on this project," I said smiling cutely, and aimed the ball at the basket.  

I shot it in and cringed as the ball bounced off the backboard and away from the hoop.  "Just like you did good on that shot just now?"  Kikwang asked teasingly.  

"Aishh!  Stop bullying me hyung!"  I pouted.  "Let's talk about your project partner for a change," I suggested.  "Hyosung, right?"  

Kikwang nodded.  "She's a nerd, like Ji Eun.  I guess we'll be able to work on our project without problems since both me and her worry about grades."

"So are you saying that you're a nerd?"  I said with a grin.  "S-Shut up!"  Kikwang sputtered.  "Ji Eun's a TRUE nerd and she's YOUR NERDY PARTNER.  HYOSUNG IS LESS OF A NERD," he shouted.  [A/N: kwangie is already defending his love, even though he doesnt like her yet(: how cute. LOL]

I rolled my eyes.  "AISH.  Stop talking about her!  Do you think I want to have to keep mentioning her and thinking about her?!"  I yelled.  Kikwang began snickering as he looked right past me.  

"It looks like you're going to have to keep thinking and thinking about her!"  He said, attempting to stifle his laughter.

I felt someone poking me on my right shoulder and so I turned around.  When I saw who it was, I immediately wished I hadn't turned around at all. 


IU's POV.

I walked into the park, keeping my head down and staring at my feet so that no one could recognize me and so that I could concentrate on not tripping.  I had a mission.

Yang Yoseob, I thought to myself.  I knew him as the "semi-slacker."  He had been in my class since 2nd grade.  He had never spoken to me EVEN ONCE.  Well, of course, pretty much everyone ignored me like that, but still!  

I groaned quietly.  Yoseob might make me do all the work instead of dividing the work equally.  Although Yoseob had once been a good student, and studious, he stopped acting so around junior high.  Since then, he's slacked off immensely and I have no idea how he's made it to senior year in highschool.

I realized that I was already in the basketball court where Kikwang and Yoseob played basketball most days.  NO, I DON'T STALK THEM.  I walk this way everyday to get to Sweet Cafe, where I work, so I see them nearly everyday.  

I cautiously walked up to Yoseob's back, careful not to make a sound.  Kikwang had already spotted me and was laughing.  Probably because he thought of me as a stalker since I actually knew they were in the park.  

I poked Yoseob's back, still looking down at my feet.  I sensed Yoseob turn around and look at me.  I swear I felt his face fall a little.  

I bowed down a little to Kikwang and greeted him, while he bowed slightly and said hello in return.  I bowed slightly and greeted Yoseob as well, who replied with a simple nod.  

"We should get started on the project soon," I said bluntly, getting straight to the point.  He nodded.  "Where do you want to work?"  I asked him, keeping a monotone voice.

Yoseob shrugged.  "Wherever.  Do you have parents at home?"

I felt my heart pang a little.  "No," I answered, trying to make my voice sound painless.

"Your house, then," he decided.  I felt slightly annoyed.  Now I have to buy food for this person to eat while we work on our project, I thought to myself.  That'll probably be maybe fifteen dollars out of my weekly income.  So I won't be able to spend too much this week.  

I shook my head, trying to get thoughts of money out of my mind.  "Okay, when do you want to come?"  I asked.  

"Whenever," he replied immediately, obviously not putting much thought into his answer.  I was a bit annoyed about the way he was treating me.  As if my questions weren't important enough for him to actually THINK.  

I fought the urge to roll my eyes.  "Is Friday okay?"

He shrugged, annoying me a little more.  "Sure," he replied, not looking me in the eyes.  

"Okay then," I said, pushing my glasses up my nose.  "Meet me here after school on Friday, and I'll walk you to my house.  We're going to the library afterwards, so bring your library card and whatever."

I walked away quickly and checked my phone for the time.  What!?  It's 2:51 already?  Aigoo, I gotta hurry!  I started running home to drop off my stuff.  

Aishh!  I'm going to be late if I don't hurry!  It's Wednesday today, so I'll need to buy snacks tomorrow, and then I have to start homework as soon as I get home from work which is probably going to be around 7, and then my homework will take maybe an hour and a half, so...


Kikwang started snickering as soon as IU left.  Yoseob shot him a glare.  "Why didn't you tell me she was behind me?"  Yoseob said threateningly with a tone as scary as death.  

Kikwang laughed, placing the basketball down on the floor.  "It was funny watching you turn annoyed and sad as soon as you saw her."  Then, he frowned.  "You're being kind of mean to her, though.  I mean, she seems like a pretty decent person."  

I rolled my eyes.  "I don't see you lining up to talk to her," I retorted as I grabbed the ball, playing around with it.  Kikwang held his hands up as if he was surrendering.  

"At least I said hi when she greeted me.  I can act like a gentleman," he smirked.  

My eyes narrowed.  "Fine.  I'll be nicer to her."  

"You should," Kikwang said.  "She's your partner."

I sighed.  "Don't remind me." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All right, so this is kind of a bad way to end this chapter :/ this is kinda short too. im sorry! -pouts cutely-

ahaha, i'll try to update a little more soon o: so maybe sunday or monday? gehh ierno D: i wanna work on my other fanfic too! har har:]