For Umma and Appa

I Fell in Love With a Nerd

Yoseob's POV

I walked into the classroom as all the eyes turned to face me.  The teacher scowled and gave me an angry look.  As I walked past Ms. Kim to my desk, her hand shot out to grab my shoulder.  "See me after class," she whispered to me in a disappointed tone. I let out a sigh of annoyance.

Yeah right, I thought to myself.  Like I'm gonna wait after class to talk to some teacher.  I'll be out of here before she can do anything.  I shook her hand off my shoulder and walked to my seat, falling into my chair. 

I slouched into the chair, feeling lazy.  Aishh, I don't feel like working right now!  I laid my head down onto the cold desk.  I'll just take a little nap. 

I heard a bell ringing in the distance and the sound of people moving around filled my ears.  I slowly opened my eyes and jumped out of seat, heading for the exit, my back facing the teacher.  Oh crap, I have to get out of here before-

"Yang Yoseob, come here."  The teacher interrupted my thoughts.  I closed my eyes in annoyance and slumped my shoulders in defeat.  Groaning on the inside, I turned around and walked towards her.  

Ms. Kim pointed to a seat next to her desk where she was sitting, signaling me to sit down next to her.  I complied and fell into the seat, hands shoved into my pockets.  My backpack was slung over my shoulders.  It was a one strap, which I liked because it let me run without getting in my way, but that was useless this time.   

Ms. Kim sighed deeply.  "Yoseob, we need to talk about your grades," she said, pulling out a file with my name on it  from her desk cabinet.  She opened it up and took out several papers.  I recognized them as the past tests and quizzes of this marking period.  I think some of my essays were in there too.  

"Yoseob, I don't know how to put this easily, but you WILL fail this marking period if you don't get your act together," Ms. Kim showed me a compilation of the last 3 tests.  "Look at this," she said.  "You got a 66 on the test for 'Alice in Wonderland.'  We read that book in class, together."

I remained silent.  "I'm not surprised though, because you barely stay awake in class," Ms. Kim said.  

I still didn't reply.  I was getting a bit annoyed.  Wasn't it obvious that I didn't care about my grades?

"Wouldn't your parents have wanted you to study hard and do good?"  Ms. Kim suddenly said.  I immediately froze at the mention of my late parents.  "They cared about your grades right?"  Slowly, I nodded.  

Umma...  Appa...  They always told me to study hard... grow up to be a good person... be kind... get a good job...  And umma always said to never play around with girls. 

I cracked a small smile at the memory of my mom telling my girls shouldn't be played around with and that they can be very vengeful and dangerous.  Ms. Kim gave me a weird look.

"Okay...  Then, Yang Yoseob, do you want to pass this marking period?"  Ms. Kim asked me.  I nodded in reply.  How could I have forgotten what my parents told me to do?  I gulped.  I hope I have another chance to change this.

"I'm going to be assigning a project to the class tomorrow.  It's a partner project.  You will have to present a book that we've read before and it'll be due in 2 weeks.  If you do good on it AND ace your final in 3 weeks, then you'll be able to pass."  Ms. Kim smiled and then gave him a serious look.  "Use this chance wisely.  I won't be giving you another one."

"Yes Ms. Kim," I said.  "I promise to do my best."

[time skip to tomorrow. lol] No One's POV

"Everyone," Ms. Kim said, causing the class to quiet down.  "I'm going to assign a partner project.  I'll be giving you your partners, so don't even think about who you want to work with."

Upon hearing the last sentence, the class groaned.  Partner project always worked out better with friends.  If you got a bad partner, you ended up doing bad too. [A/N: GAWD, I REALLY HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS TO ME D:] 

Yoseob sat in his seat, listening closely.  His back was straight and he appeared to be a studious child who obeyed teachers and didn't fail his classes.  

C'mon...  I want Kikwang as my partner!  He thought impatiently.  Kikwang was his best friend, and he trusted Kikwang the most.  Naturally, he wanted to work with him.  Plus it wouldn't hurt his grade if Kikwang just so happened to be fifth in the class.

The teacher began calling out the names who were working together.

"Lee Kikwang and Jeon Hyosung," she announced.  Yoseob groaned and closed his eyes, feeling defeated.  The teacher continued calling names and finally, Yoseob's name was called.

"Yang Yoseob..."  Yoseob's eyes immediately widened.  The teacher suddenly coughed.  "Sorry," she apologized.  "Yang Yoseob and Lee Ji Eun."

Yoseob looked around.  What the hell...  Who's Lee Ji Eun??  Yoseob glanced at the teacher, confused.  Ms. Kim was looking at someone in the back, and Yoseob turned to look at his partner.  

"Ji Eun," the teacher called.  "Raise your hand."  Slowly, a girl tentatively raised her hand.  Oh god, Yoseob thought.  This is unbelievable.

Yoseob stared into the eyes of Lee Ji Eun, who was shyly staring at her desk with a single hand still in the air.  He was staring at Lee Ji Eun: the biggest nerd in the school. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that , everyone. D: I know i ended it kinda weirdly... but it's supposed to be a cliff hanger? LOL.  Sorry that this chapter is short, too.  ):

On another note, HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN IU AND YOSEOB'S PERFORMANCE ON GAYO DAEJUN 2011? OH MY GAWD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDWXBv8jkkA&list=PL74D2DBAFB616600D&index=16&feature=plpp_video

THEY'RE SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!<3  They both seem really nervous, so i hope that's because they're nervous to be singing a love song together... cuz they love each other ^_^ kekeke.  

anyways, i hoped you enjoyed the chapter! comment and subscribe!

AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!~ :D♥

Have fun you guys!♥