explaining

you're my star

Ryeowook POV

I’m sitting on the bench, facing the sky and slowly closing my eyes enjoying the breeze and flower petals that fall gracefully onto my face.

Spring finally had come.

Even though it’s spring, there’s still a hint of winter stay in the wind

I’m still wearing a jumper, long knitted scarf and a beanie on my head. I just can’t bear to long in the cold.

But I love it.

Because in times like this,

kyuhyun would always put me in his embrace…

Just as I thought about that, there’s a pair of arm enveloped me from behind.

I yelp out of shocked.

This smell, its Donghae’s perfume. I was just about to turn around and scold him for scaring me like that. But before I’m able to do so, his voice totally made my eyes go wide.

This is not Donghae’s voice...

It’s...

“What makes you think that I’ll be happy when you’re not by my side? Hmm?”

Its Kyuhyun’s…

Just listening to his voice already makes my eyes filled with tears.

“ww-what? But h-how did y-you…” I didn’t even finish my words yet when he interrupts me.

“You’ll never tell me about this if I didn’t find it out by myself, don’t you?” he is angry, I can tell that.

But, his voice is still filled with overflowing love…

The love that I haven’t felt since the past few weeks.

I didn’t have to tell him why I lied...

He’s being here is already a proof that he had found out about everything.

“Yes... never….” I managed to say that even with a sob whilst slowly nodded.

“Stay still, let’s just stays like this for a little while. I just miss you so much...” he uttered and I can sensed that he kissed the top of my head.

 

Kyuhyun POV

*flashback

They brought me to their apartment because I’m totally can’t walk straight in my current state.

Shocked and drunk.

When we reached the apartment, I must have black out.

The moment I woke up the next morning, they told me to take a shower first and I obliged just like that because there’s part of me felt guilty for punching donghae and the other part is they won’t tell me anything if I don’t take a bath.

Eunhyuk, donghae’s boyfriend is such a clean freak.

After taking a shower I changed my clothes to the one that they’ve prepared in the bathroom, I guess it must be donghae’s because it’s smell like his perfume.

 He’s never changed. The smell is still the same one that he used since the past 7 years I last saw him.

I slowly walked to the living room where the two of them already waiting for me on the couch, sitting next to each other.

“How long didn’t you take a bath? A week?! I’ve never met someone that smelt like a sewer before.” Eunhyuk nagged at me.

I just rolled back my eyes and take a seat on the couch in front of them.

 “Okay, now explain...” I started.

“Here... listen. We won’t blame you for anything. It’s not your fault anyway since you know nothing about th-..”

“Just cut the bull and get straight to the point.” I cut him off.

“…….Ryeowook.. he’s….” he hesitated.

“Seriously! Just spit it out!!” I shout, impatiently want to know.

“He’s.. He got a brain cancer, last stage….” Donghae said while looking at the floor, avoiding my eyes.

My world stop spinning, the time also seems to halt.

“According to the doctors, he’s still got three more months or less than that…” he continued.

“I worked at a café across the street just in front of the bar that you always went these past few weeks, and as I can see you would never come out from there sober. We also visiting Ryeowook at the hospice every evening and he also looks like he have been drinking even though he didn’t, always spaced out and look out the window staring at the sky or nothing at all.” He added

“He doesn’t want you to know about this, and ask us to keep it until he dies. But.. Seeing the both of you are hurt by this lies, and donghae also got hurt in the process. I just can’t take it anymore… I’m sorry donghae, ryeowook put his trust on us, but I’ve disappointed him.” Eunhyuk sobbed.

“It’s okay, honey… he’ll eventually find out about this anyway.” Donghae coaxed his lover.

 “Where’s he? I wanna see him...” I told them, my voice barely audible.

.

.

.

*end of flashback

And here I’m right now, at the hospice lawn…

Hugging tight my lover.

Afraid that if I let go,

I would lose him for real.

 

 

 

 


-to be continued-