the break up

you're my star

kyuhyun POV

It’s so eerie that night. Ryeowook was so silent and as I can observe , he just staring and poking at his food with the chopstick.

It makes me uncomfortable because usually we would talk and laugh about the silly things we do throughout the day.

I was so deep in my thought when ryeowook suddenly clear his throat. Succeed making me flustered.

“yes dear?” I asked him whilst putting down my chopstick because it looks like he want to have a talk with me.

A serious talk.

“let’s break up kyuhyun..” he stated.

He never call me by my name since the day we started to become a lover.

“Ww-wait!? What?!!” I stuttered.

“you heard me, let’s break up.” He said it again.

“Are you joking right now? It’s not my birthday today right? please honey don’t joke around like that, it’s not funny at all.” I awkwardly laugh, but immediately stop when I saw his face.

There’s no expression at all, it just cold. Not like the Ryeowook I know.

“Do I look like I’m joking right now?!” his voice was full of venom.

I’m totally dumbfounded. This is exactly not the Ryeowook that I know, the one that I love.

The situation was so intense that I don’t even realise since when did we both stand up and standing close in front of each other.

“b-but.. what’s wrong? Did I do something to upset you? If I do, then tell me right now so that I can fix it..” I pleaded.

“this is it, this is the problem..you’re too nice kyuhyun, that is the mistake in our relationship. Too nice that it’s make me sick of you! Your sweet behaviour makes me wanna puke!” he was literally screaming on my face right now.

His word were suffocating me.

And as if it still isn’t enough, he’s continuing his word whilst smirking.

“anyway it’s not just your fault over here kyuhyun. Actually I’ve been dating someone else behind your back. And tell you what? He is much better than you.. still remember donghae?” he asked me, with the sickening smirk was still plastered on his face.

Donghae.. Lee Donghae.

Of course I still remember him. He also had a crush on Ryeowook

I have to fight him since we’re still in the orphanage just to win over Ryeowook’s heart.

“I’ve packed all of my belongings this morning when you went for work. I’ll move in with him tonight” he voice out.

“no!!!  you’re just lying right?! you don’t love him! You love me! I’m the one that you love! You promise that!” like we’ve changed our role, I’m the one who’s shouting at him right now.

Not long after I’ve said that, the whole apartment was echoing with a sound of someone being slapped.

My face was facing my left side, my cheek was burning that I didn’t even realize tears are streaming down my face.

“promise are meant to be broken, kyuhyun.. we’re not a children anymore. Just accept it! We’re just not destined to be with each other! just go find someone else to be by your side kyuhyun..”

He walked away, our shoulder was barely brushed.

But I did nothing to stopped him.. I was just standing there, like a statue.

From where I stand, I can heard a faint sound of him dragging his luggage to the front door.

My feet was still glued to the place where he slapped me before, unmoving.

He opened the door and take a last look at me whilst saying

“you deserve someone better kyuhyun.. please, be happy.”

for a moment I thought I saw my old Ryeowook back, but that’s when the door was closed.

I immediately fall on my knees and crying, hardly breathing. This is just too hurt, my heart hurt.

I was crying for both Ryeowook and the break up...

 

 

 

-to be continued-